Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (born 27 November 1982), known by the pseudonym Tommy Robinson, is the co-founder and former leader of the English Defense League (EDL) "street protest" movement, which opposes the spread of Islamism and Sharia in the United Kingdom.
- Every single Muslim watching this... on 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens... you had better understand that we have built a network from one end of the country to the other end... and the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defense League if we see any of our British citizens killed, maimed, or hurt on British soil ever again.
- Speech in 2011, at a demo in London (Youtube video)
- Islam is not a religion of peace. Islam is fascist and it's violent and we've had enough! They're chopping our soldiers' heads off. This is Islam. That's what we've seen today. They've cut off one of our army's heads off on the streets of London. Our next generation are being taught through schools that Islam is a religion of peace. It's not. It never has been. What you saw today is Islam. Everyone's had enough. There has to be a reaction, for the government to listen, for the police to listen, to understand how angry this British public are.
- Since last night I've had countless threats to cut my head off. I have [contacted] police over 200 death threats. No arrests.
- We need strong leadership, not cowards who are begging petrol dollars and wanting a block Islamic vote. We need a leader not an appeaser. I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. Stand up for what u believe. Never be intimidated by anyone #english #nosurrender.
- Nazism and Islamism are on the opposite sides of the same coin – we oppose both. Nazism has been defeated and Islamism is spreading across the country.
- Islam is not a religion of peace; it never has been and never will be.
- We need a new England where all religions and colours feel proud of our flag and recognise how important our identity and culture is.
- Interview with Jamie Bartlett, «'The guards don't run the prison, Islam does': my interview with a 'reformed' Tommy Robinson», The Telegraph (17 June 2014)
- If Islam is this "religion of peace", why is everyone so scared?
- Commenting on the refusal of British newspapers to reprint the Charlie Hebdo cartoons — Tommy Robinson Discusses Life Before and After the EDL w/ NOTA (24 February 2015)
- We are offered silence, free speech is all but dead in Europe. We live in a post free speech era, the attacks on Charlie Hebdo have proven that to the whole world.
- I had some left wing fella ask me this, he started asking me my views on most things. I'm liberal in many senses, like when it comes to (probably not when I was younger) when it comes to gay people's rights I fight for a gay man's rights – so on all of these issues, as I've grown up, I said,... when people say that I'm far right, well what makes me right wing? Am I right wing just because I don't like Islam? Does that make me right wing just because I don't like a fascist ideology? If I didn't like scientology, does that make me right wing? No, it's an ideology. So I said like, "most of my views, they're very liberal – many of them would be left-wing".
- Extreme Britain Part Two: Tommy Robinson Interview, UNION magazine (19 November 2015)
- The reality is this is a war. These people are waging war on us. This has gone on for 1,400 years. This is nothing new. And the whole time while this goes on, the police leaders or political leaders want to invite more! They want to invite more!
- "Former EDL leader Tommy Robinson arrives at scene of London terror attack", The Telegraph (22 March 2017)
- The most easy way, no matter how bad your life has been – which is what we will probably find about this terrorist; we find it about most of them; we find that they've even been gay, many of them; we find that they've been out drinking alcohol; we find that they've lived a life full of haram (haram and halal: halal are the good deeds in Islam, haram are the outlawed deeds) – so no matter how [haram] their life has been, if they wanna get to heaven, they just have to kill non-Muslims in a holy jihad. That's all they have to do, then they get to heaven. It's like an easy "card out" for Muslims who've behaved badly their whole life. And we've seen this time and time again with the terrorists that we find. They say, "He wasn't a practicing Muslim". No, but because of the scripture in Islam, he genuinely believes he is going to eternal hell fire for the life that he's lived. He sees going and running down 20 or 40 people, and killing coppers, and killing innocent people, he sees that as a "get out" because of the scripture in Islam. That's why.
- Tommy Robinson Interview on Westminster Terror Attack, YouTube (22 March 2017)
CBN News interview
- The last thing we want is a war in this country, but it is the inevitable outcome for the way the country is going. Now, the British people are not going to sit back and take much more.
- Previous prime ministers, be it William Gladstone who said, 'There will never be peace on this earth as long as we have the Koran, it's an accursed and violent book.' Then we have Winston Churchill who said, 'Islam in a man is like rabies in a dog.' And then we have David Cameron, who says Islam is a religion of peace. What's changed? Because the [Koran] hasn't changed.
- As a father, I have serious concerns about what life will be like for my kids, if I'm even here. Am I scared of the death threats, and people who want to kill me and the attacks against me, etc? Yeah, I am. Of course, I am. I wouldn't be human if I wasn't. But I am terrified for the entire next generation of this country, and its history, its culture, its identity – it's all under attack.
Quotes about Tommy Robinson
- Stay strong, be proud, you are one of the few brave leaders in the UK.