- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Please fully sign your posts
As the welcome message above recommends, please fully sign your discussion-page posts by using four tildes (~~~~) at the end of the post. When you save your edit, this automatically adds your username, including a link to your userpage, and a timestamp to your post. The link is useful because it not only indicates exactly which user is posting (regardless of what they choose to be called in the text), but also allows other editors to see what you've been editing, in case you ask a question about an article that you don't name specifically (as you did in your recent Wikiquote:Reference desk post). The timestamp can help readers sort out who said what when, especially when users fail to follow general discussion page posting guidelines, which occasionally happens. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 01:53, 7 March 2007 (UTC)