Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
- "A sign is the basic unit of language (a given language at a given time). Every language is a complete system of signs. Parole (the speech of an individual) is an external manifestation of language."
- "A linguistic system is a series of differences of sounds combined with a series of differences of ideas."
- "The connection between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary."
- "In language there are only differences, and no positive terms"
- "Speaking of linguistic law in general is like trying to pin down a ghost"