Hi, Eurobas. Welcome to English Wikiquote.
Enjoy! WelcomeBot owner!question? 09:06, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- "A sign is the basic unit of language (a given language at a given time). Every language is a complete system of signs. Parole (the speech of an individual) is an external manifestation of language."
- "A linguistic system is a series of differences of sounds combined with a series of differences of ideas."
- "The connection between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary."
- "In language there are only differences, and no positive terms"
- "Speaking of linguistic law in general is like trying to pin down a ghost"
Ferdinand de Saussure est à sourcer
--Eurobas 09:38, 28 March 2009 (UTC)