- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
Welcome. You have seom good ideas for the abortion page, but you did not try to achieve consensus before making changes to what is already in the page. Please announce your suggested changes and invite dialogue before changing. 220.127.116.11
- Okay, I just wrote a few paragraphs for the discussion section.Ferrylodge 01:17, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
Abortion: Please go ahead and make the technical corrections, such as standardizing titles and name formats. But for the other changes, please propose them one by one in talk, and then we can discuss them. Some of your ideas have merit, but the firehose approach is not helpful especially when you have been politley invited to seek consensus and feedback for your changes. 18.104.22.168
I wholeheartedly support your position on the misleading Harris poll in the abortion article. 22.214.171.124
Please do not delete quotes when you find a mistake in the formatting. The correct thing to do it to correct the formatting. I believe you know how to do this as you have done it repeatedly. Deleting quotes is poor form. Thank you.126.96.36.199 15:57, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
- Please see talk page for abortion.Ferrylodge 15:59, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
I admire what you're trying to do on Abortion. I was trying to improve the page long ago (well, long ago on a Wikipedia timescale) and gave up on it since arguing with trolls was taking up most of my editing time. I have an edited version of the article at User:Catamorphism/Abortion_temp where I tried to balance the perspectives and remove the less interesting quotations, if that's helpful.
Unfortunately, it seems like the lack of resources that can be devoted to administration on Wikiquote mean that you are going to have to spend a lot of time arguing with the trolls, as well, if you try to make any improvements. Good luck.
BTW I assume that the anonymous user who keeps hassling you is User:Mr. Grace, who has a long and checkered past here. So don't get too frustrated; you're the one who's in the right. Catamorphism 23:54, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks, we'll see how things develop.Ferrylodge 00:52, 5 February 2007 (UTC)