Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
re: New page
- Hi, you added a cleanup template to East/Central Europe with a comment that subsections need to be removed. I'm rather new here at Wikiquote, so could please explain to me what's wrong with them? Kpalion 16:31, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- Basically, we discourage the use of such subsections for various reasons - a good discussion of some of them can be found here: Wikiquote:Village_pump_archive_21#Official_format_policies, but there have been plenty of other discussions about it. The biggest worry is that it can inherently present a Point of View (POV), which is something that is always discouraged here. It would be better to allow users to determine for themselves how quotes are related. Additionally, it can cause some difficulty for someone to verify quotes taken from one source if they are strewn throughout a page, grouped by a subtopic. In the end, the best way to present quotes (especially in a theme page) in a chronological order. ~ UDScott 15:07, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
- Actually take a look at my Talk page - Ningauble reminded me that we had decided to sort theme pages by author, rather than chronologically. ~ UDScott 15:21, 14 September 2009 (UTC)