User talk:Mdennis (WMF)
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Enjoy! ~ Ningauble 14:23, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
Did you know that you can avoid misleading/uninformative edit summaries like this by using the "Add topic" tab at the top of the page? The same thing can be achieved manually by using an edit summary like this: "/* section heading */ new section." Regards, Ningauble 14:09, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm sorry that you found my use of initials uninformative. I'll try to be more specific in future edit summaries. :) --Mdennis (WMF) 14:11, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
- More than the obscure initialism, the edit summary was labeled with and linked to the wrong thread. A lot of users do this, but it is just confusing. I used to make the same mistake myself when I was new to MediaWiki. ~ Ningauble 14:20, 4 August 2011 (UTC)