I noticed a correction to a Warhol quote I put up. The original quote I had is correct. He is actually misquoting himself here.
The original quote may have included the word "world", but where he is talking about studio 54, and quotes himself, he omit's the "world" part.
I've left it as you changed it, but thought I should let you know.
Thanks for fixing the formatting btw. I'm still just racing ahead instead of looking at the templates!
Neolux 15:23 29 Jul 2003 (UTC)
Quote Source: Penguin Thesaurus of Quotations (Subheading "Fame") (i'll get the ISBN later) by A.J. Cohen.
- Sorry about that, I mistakenly assumed the quote in the Wikipedia article Andy Warhol was correct. Why don't you just change the Wikiquote quote back to the correct version, add the "Source:" into Wikiquote and fix the Wikipedia article as well. While you are there you may as well add a link from the Wikipedia article back to the Wikiquote article. (There's a template for that as well.)
- As far as fixing the format, don't mention it. It is a team effort after all, and as Harry S. Truman said "It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." Nanobug 16:15 29 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- The quote in Wikipedia most likely IS correct. As far as I can deduce, Warhol said the quote originally in the 60's sometime, then quoted himself again later in reference to Studio 54. The quote in my Penguin book refers to the Studio 54 reference, and that's the only one I have. The original quote I don't have a Source for, so I can't say either way.
- Perhaps the Wikiquote should also have the original quote by Warhol, in addition to the Studio 54 one, so there is some kind of continuity there, along with a comment stating the differences between the two. Neolux 15:48 30 Jul 2003 (UTC)
Kalki as sysop
Hi, I hope you don't mind, but I suggested that Kalki be made a sysop. He's made over 1000 edits here and, other than you, seems to be one of very few active editors here. There didn't seem like a lot of point making an official nomination as there are so few people here to comment on it, so Tim Starling made him one straight away, but let Tim know if you feel there is a problem with this. It's usually best to have more than one sysop anyway, even on a small project. By the way, the Wikiquote:Votes for deletion page could do with some attention. :) Angela 04:57, 29 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- Not at all, Kalki makes a perfect sysop. I have been rather away a lot lately from Wikiquote (see below), so we cetainly needed someone else to help keep the site clean and organized. ~ Nanobug 01:28, 8 Sep 2004 (UTC)
Do you have any idea on how to get rid of the election notice on the "Recent Changes" page? I've tried editing it out a couple of times with no results. ~ Kalki 15:36, 24 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Sorry, no, I didn't spend enough time trying to work it out; but it appears you got it fixed eventually anyway. ~ Nanobug 01:28, 8 Sep 2004 (UTC)
Well hello again NB, it has been a while since I've been back here. Work, sleep, work, that sort of thing.
Just noticing that the logo is not transparent, and I can provide a transparent one if you like so that it sits better with the page. If there are any other little tidbits that I can do to improve it, let me know. You might also want to suggest updating the logo on the wikimediafoundation.org site. It still is the old disproportionate arcs logo.
I darkened the text a little so it would stand out more against a non-white background.
Neolux 16:58, 25 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- I've been away a lot lately too (see below). The transparent image looks fine to me. Kalki, what do you think, shall we use it? ~ Nanobug 01:28, 8 Sep 2004 (UTC)
I have absent a lot from Wikiquote lately, as I have been very busy with my own Mediawiki project which we are using internal to my company. We only have 60 users so far, and 250 articles, but getting more every day, and the site is starting to come together. I'm sorry I haven't been contributing to Wikiquote as much as I used to - I come back for a visit every so often and see the number of quotations just keeps on growing, and there are 15 other language versions, so the project seems to be doing well. Please excuse me if I take a while to answer my messages from now on, but I will not disappear completely. ~ Nanobug 01:28, 8 Sep 2004 (UTC)
Welcome back! Greetings from a newbie, --Aphaia 16:21, 15 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks! I come back and visit once in a while. Wikiquote is progressing well! ~ Nanobug 22:19, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
Welcome back and request for mail confirmation
Hi, Nanobug, welcome back to English Wikiquote.
During your absence, Wikiquote:Requests for adminship was updated and all active sysops are requested to provide an email address to the community either through wikimail or on their talk (as you may know, now we need to activate and confirm our address before using Wikimail function.
The new rule says:
In principle, administrators should register a valid email address and allow other users to send them messages in preferences, or an email address indicated on their user page. For active sysops, as well sysop candidates, it is mandatory. Inactive sysops and guest sysops are recommended to put their wikimail addresson their talk pages. If they are back and become active again, they are expected to activate their mail preferences.
Since we have no way to mail you, I put this message on your talk. Would you please consider the requirement above, and give us an oppoturnity to mail you?
Thanks! --Aphaia 10:07, 3 May 2007 (UTC)
- Update: No response since above notification, "email this user" function not enabled for this user. -- Cirt (talk) 19:33, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed you have not edited here in quite a long time, and are listed as an inactive administrator. Do you think there is any chance you will be back? Cheers! BD2412 T 04:18, 5 February 2015 (UTC)