Wikiquote:Requests for adminship
Here you can make a request for adminship and other special user rights on English Wikiquote. See Wikiquote:Administrators for what this entails and for a list of current admins.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Nominations for adminship
- 3 Requests for checkuser
- 4 Requests for bureaucratship
- 5 Requests for importing right
- 6 Requests for interface administrator
- 7 Votes of confidence
- 8 Requests for flag removal
- 9 Current administrators
- 10 Past discussions
Current English Wikiquote policy is to grant administrator status to anyone who has been an active Wikiquote contributor for a while and is generally a known and trusted member of the community. Most users seem to agree that the more administrators there are the better.
Administrators should register a valid email address and allow other users to send them messages in preferences, or give an email address on their user page.
If you want to become an administrator, please use the box below, filling out all the required areas and replacing "USERNAME" with your user name. Any user can comment on your request -- they might express reservations (because, for example, they suspect you will abuse your new-found powers, or if you've joined very recently), but hopefully they will approve and say lovely things about you. If this is not your first RfA, put a 2 (or whatever number RfA it may be) after "USERNAME" in the box.
Once you have saved your RfA page, add it to the Nominations for adminship section. Adminship nominations must be posted for at least one week, to provide opportunity for comments and voting, before a bureaucrat will make the promotion if warranted.
For closed votes, see #Past discussions.
Current time is 20:15:50, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
Votes of confidence
Restricted access depends on the continued support of the community. This may be tested by a vote of confidence, in which a simple majority (50%+1) must support the user's continued access for it to be retained. (What access a discussion concerns should be explicitly noted in the discussion's introduction.) Any user may propose a vote of confidence, but at least three established users must support the need for one before it can be called.
In the case of a called proposal, the user may not use the restricted access for any non-trivial action at any time until the vote is closed. A bureaucrat will eventually archive the discussion and, if so decided, request removal of restricted access by a steward.
Nominations for adminship
Note: Nominations have to be accepted by the user in question. If you nominate a user, please also leave a message on their talk page and inform them about their listing on this page, and ask them to reply here if they accept the nomination. You may nominate yourself (in which case you have automatically accepted the nomination).
In light of numerous unresolved acts of vandalism (among them, a Toy Story sockpuppet vandal who submits nonsense quotes repeatedly and rubs it in my face, even after a month of protecting my talk page, and refuses to take responsibility for its actions), I humbly request adminship here on Wikiquote. I have been at this site for about 10 years and feel as if I have enough experience and am ready for this opportunity. WikiLubber (talk) 01:29, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Candidate's acceptance: Self-nomination
Vote ends: 2018-11-28
- Support A long-time and competent editor. However, I recommend that he activates the e-mail facility on his account.--Abramsky (talk) 10:02, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Reply How?
- Go to preferences and add email Miszatomic (talk) 18:47, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose. While working to fight vandalism is an admirable practice, the long-standing and continued lack of civility on the part of this user precludes me from ever supporting becoming an admin. Despite many repeated warnings over the years, this behavior has not changed (and the warnings themselves are often blanked without addressing the issue). I do not feel that belittling others and making snap judgments befits an admin. IMHO, this negative behavior unfortunately outshines the otherwise good work. ~ UDScott (talk) 13:13, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Reply I agree that I had a history of mistakes (the biggest of which were way too long ago), but one IP's repeated blatant vandalism in Toy Story 2 and my talk page simply cannot be overlooked. There was nothing else I could do to get my point across. And someone has to take action against these vandals. WikiLubber (talk) 14:50, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose. Most of the edits only focus on films and no other Wikiquote articles such as Wikiquote cleanup where there are articles needing cleanup People cleanup, Film cleanup. There are other areas of Wikiquote the user could focus on. Miszatomic (talk) 19:25, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
Requests for checkuser
These are requests for the right to perform CheckUser actions, not requests that particular actions be performed, those are done on the noticeboard.
Please note that for a request to succeed in this section a minimum of 25 support votes is required in accordance with Meta policy.
Requests for bureaucratship
NB: Discussions in this section should last at least 14 days.
Requests for importing right
The import function allows editors to upload specially formatted text into Wikiquote, or to transwiki such material after it is exported from another Wikimedia project. Only a Meta steward can add or drop any user's importing right. After requests are approved here, they will be reported to m:Steward requests/Permissions.
Requests for interface administrator
- User:Koavf, per Wikiquote:Village_pump#Cat-a-lot_for_WQ?. Thank you. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 17:03, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
Votes of confidence
See #Votes of confidence.
Requests for flag removal
This section is used for notification (and comment) only. To be effective, it should go to m:Steward requests/Permissions#Removal of access. Requests by the community will occur as #votes of confidence.
Administrators are marked with "(Sysop)" in the list of user accounts, bureaucrats with "(Bureaucrat)" and checkusers with "(Checkuser)". For information on administrators and bureaucrats, see Wikiquote:Administrators.
If you need to contact an administrator, post a message on WQ:AN or on the talk page of one or several of the userpages below. Administrators can also be contacted privately by using the "email this user" link on the page, if you have registered an email address of your own.
An automatically generated list of current administrators is available here.
The following users currently have sysop privileges on the English Wikiquote:
- Abramsky (en)
- Aphaia (ja, en-3, de-2, fr-1, it-1) (bureaucrat)
- BD2412 (en, fr-1, zh-CN-1) (bureaucrat)
- Cbrown1023 (en, es-2, zh-1) (inactive)
- EVula (en) (bureaucrat)
- FloNight (inactive)
- Iddo999 (inactive)
- Illegitimate Barrister (en)
- Jaxl (inactive)
- Jeff Q (en, fr-2, de-2, es-1; will try to make sense of & reply in other languages)
- jni (fi, en-3) (inactive)
- Jusjih (zh, en-3, fr-1, ko-1) (import)
- Koavf (en, es-2)
- LrdChaos (inactive)
- Mdd (nl, en-3, de-2, fr-1)
- Miszatomic (en)
- MosheZadka (inactive)
- Ningauble (en)
- Pmlineditor (bn, en-4, hi-3, most languages written in Indic script at 0.5/1 level)
- Rmhermen (inactive)
- Sketchmoose (en, la-2)
- UDScott (en) (bureaucrat)
- Ubiquity (inactive)