Request an article
Report vandalism • Votes for deletion
This is a messageboard for all administrators.
Please feel free to report incidents, a complaint about an administrator, or anything you want administrators to be aware of.
Please be aware that these pages aren't the place to bring disputes over content or requests for a mediation between another editor and you — we aren't referees. You are better to talk with that editor by mail or on talk, or ask other editors their opinion on Village pump.
The chief purpose of this page is to allow admins to ask each other for help and/or information, to communicate ideas, and for admin talk to happen.
However, any user of Wikiquote may post here. Admins are not a club of elites, but normal editors with some additional technical abilities. Anyone is free to use it to talk to admins as a group. Please feel free to leave a message.
If you do, please sign and date all contributions, using the Wikiquote special form "~~~~", which translates into a signature and a time stamp automatically.
To request special assistance from an administrator, like deletion, use appropriate pages or tags.
To request assistance from a specific administrator, see [[User talk:Whoever]].
If there is another page which is a more natural location for the discussion of a particular point, please start the discussion there, and only put a short note of the issue, and a link to the relevant location, on this page. Put another way, to the extent possible, discussions are better off held somewhere else, and announced here. This will avoid spreading discussion of one topic over several pages (thereby making them harder to follow), and also reduce the rate of changes to this page.
Pages needing admin intervention:
- Wikiquote:Protected titles
- MediaWiki:Bad image list
- MediaWiki:Sitenotice id when you update MediaWiki:Sitenotice, id num needs also to be incrementally grown
- MediaWiki:Spam-blacklist For global blacklisting, go to m:Talk:Spam blacklist instead.
- MediaWiki:Titleblacklist (upper compatible w/ MediaWiki:Usernameblacklist)
- Blocking policy
- List of blocked IP addresses and usernames
- Block log
- Wikiquote:Protection policy (draft)
- Protection log
Mothusi Sekhomba and articles with copyright violations
Mothusi has been creating a number of articles recently with concerns of non-notability. I was working through them to see which appeared notable, but in the process have discovered articles are being created with copy violations which is a bigger problem albeit fixable. Mothusi does not seem to be responding on the talk page but has continued to create Wikiquote aricles, for example Nonny Penelope Wright at 06:40 UTC today after a copyright violation concerns had been raised at 00:53 and after I raised Wikiquote:Votes for deletion/Dr. Tendani Gaolathe, medical practitioner at 06:20, albeit talk page notification was at 06:42. Mothusi appears to be incapable or making no attempt to engage but this may be a language problem. I'm not that familiar with Wikiquote, just passing through really, and to add to it I'm indep blocked on the English Wikipedia. But I think I need to hand over to others to handle this situation. I've merged one content fork and, rightly or wrongly, got a handful of VFD and CSD out on Mothusi's articles. Anyway please take a look, I'm intending to step back. Thankyou. -- User:Djm-leighpark(a)talk 09:07, 19 November 2022 (UTC)
- Hello Djm,
- I have noted all the concerns and I have being working on improving my mistakes. Actually I have got a challenge because I'm using my mobile phone and most of the features are not easily accessible via a miblile device besides that I'm actually learning how to use Wikipedia and getting familiar with it. Using virtual editor also gives me some challenges because most of the when I type information into wikiquote sections it mostly just disappears which really humiliate and discourage sometimes.
- But I'm committed to making improvements regardlessly.
- Thank you. M.Sekhomba Mothusi Sekhomba (talk). 10:23, 19 November 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks, Mothusi. We really do want new editors here and I know that having your additions removed or deleted can be really frustrating, but it's definitely best to take a look at our policies and ask for help. Especially with notability. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 14:45, 20 November 2022 (UTC)
I would like to request AWB permissions to be granted to my "Bigdelboy" account which is an alt. account of User:Djm-leighpark which I believe requires enrolment on Wikiquote:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage. My preference is for this additional account is to make an easier distinction to edits made by this tool compared to "regular" editing, and which may help if a batch goes askew and requires reversion. Some admins are aware and any admin granting the privilege needs to be aware I am indef blocked on the English Wikipedia which is a valid reason for refusing the grant and I respect that. Bigdelboy has used this tool on the English Wikipedia, and I recall the last attempt had a mixed result (ultimately worked but a fair bit of manual intervention). The use case I have immediate need for here is identify #SheSaid candidates on the table at User:Djm-leighpark/XY and perform a "minor" update to add a SheSaid comment on the comment line. I suspect there's a case of maybe 30 or so articles on that list needing such tagging and individual manual tagging is simply leading to errors and I'd prefer to be concentrating on avoiding a gender misidentification errors. I'd probably work a batch of 2 or 3 first before going to batches of 10. I'm reasonably proficient with regular expressions (on a good day). Thankyou. -- Bigdelboy (talk) 00:45, 29 November 2022 (UTC)
- A block on en.wp doesn't matter much to me here, but it would be good to know if the block was related to something like hi-rate edits or somesuch. I am also a little cautious as both this account and your main account have pretty recent edits here (yes, your main account has a few edits from years ago, but basically, all your editing is from the past few weeks). I'm willing to give temporary AWB access if at least one other admin thinks it's a good idea. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 00:52, 29 November 2022 (UTC)
- Thankyou for consideration: The Indef block was initiated from the ANI thread: w:Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive1096#User:Djm-leighpark bullying. Block logs at :, , , &  (Deirge not physically blocked but I usually IP blocked. I regularly inspected source on enWP which will trigger though IP blocks). -- User:Djm-leighpark(a)talk 11:27, 29 November 2022 (UTC)
- Various UTRS attempts have been rejected. Appeals to arbCOM have been rejected as out-of-scope etc. -- User:Djm-leighpark(a)talk 11:27, 29 November 2022 (UTC)
- Per  it may be seen my first visit to enWQ was in 2018 when an article was deleted. On enquiring why I seemed to be rebuffed and my article deleted so it is hardly surprising I was not inclined to risk wasting my time here again. I did do some work on "god works in moments" related quotes following discussions with a spiritual advisor on the park in 2019 and that seems to have stuck: Special:Diff/2694182 & Special:Diff/2694192. Since my indef block I'm been active mainly on ::Commons & :Wikidata and more recently :Simple, by alt. Deirge active on :ga, :commons & wikidata. On Wikidata the primary focus has been loading book editions that can be accessible (free of by borrow) online and leveraged as sources for articles. My flickr stream operates under the Deirge  monicker and sometimes interacts with with Wikipedia activity: for example the research and contributions for  was the seed for the [:William Francis Ainsworth] article her and the online accessible d:Q115393051 which can be referenced by "Cite Q" on some Wikis. More recent activity here was after I created a quote for the Charlotte Stoker article I had created on :ga & :Simple and happened to notice indicators
If you don't give Bigdelboy the privilege its not the end of the world. There's no guarantee it will be used and for this purpose I could give a list of articles to be tagged to an existing authorised AWB user to run it on their rubbish computer. And the tagging could simply wait until 2023. Utlimately curating new article as they arrive more important. And I am unlikely to remain active on enWikiquote permanently. Thankyou. -- User:Djm-leighpark(a)talk 11:27, 29 November 2022 (UTC) (Bigdelboy)
- Please be aware the priority for this request has now diminished. I have a list currently for October needing shesaid comments and I'll either do this myself or pass to a specific AWB user to complete. I'll leave the request in place for the privs to Bigdelboy in case another use-case for AWB here comes up. Thankyou. -- User:Djm-leighpark(a)talk 07:18, 2 December 2022 (UTC)