Request an article
Report vandalism • Votes for deletion
This is a messageboard for all administrators.
Please feel free to report incidents, a complaint about an administrator, or anything you want administrators to be aware of.
Please be aware that these pages aren't the place to bring disputes over content or requests for a mediation between another editor and you — we aren't referees. You are better to talk with that editor by mail or on talk, or ask other editors their opinion on Village pump.
The chief purpose of this page is to allow admins to ask each other for help and/or information, to communicate ideas, and for admin talk to happen.
However, any user of Wikiquote may post here. Admins are not a club of elites, but normal editors with some additional technical abilities. Anyone is free to use it to talk to admins as a group. Please feel free to leave a message.
If you do, please sign and date all contributions, using the Wikiquote special form "~~~~", which translates into a signature and a time stamp automatically.
To request special assistance from an administrator, like deletion, use appropriate pages or tags.
To request assistance from a specific administrator, see [[User talk:Whoever]].
If there is another page which is a more natural location for the discussion of a particular point, please start the discussion there, and only put a short note of the issue, and a link to the relevant location, on this page. Put another way, to the extent possible, discussions are better off held somewhere else, and announced here. This will avoid spreading discussion of one topic over several pages (thereby making them harder to follow), and also reduce the rate of changes to this page.
Pages needing admin intervention:
- Wikiquote:Protected titles
- MediaWiki:Bad image list
- MediaWiki:Sitenotice id when you update MediaWiki:Sitenotice, id num needs also to be incrementally grown
- MediaWiki:Spam-blacklist For global blacklisting, go to m:Talk:Spam blacklist instead.
- MediaWiki:Titleblacklist (upper compatible w/ MediaWiki:Usernameblacklist)
- Blocking policy
- List of blocked IP addresses and usernames
- Block log
- Wikiquote:Protection policy (draft)
- Protection log
IPs with the same MO have been making the same unnecessary edits to The Jungle Book (1967 film), Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, Box-Office Bunny, SpongeBob SquarePants/Season 1, etc. I request all of these articles receive long-term protection against these IPs and action be taken against them, lest they spread to other articles. DawgDeputy (talk) 15:50, 29 June 2020 (UTC)
Falsely accuses me and TLPG (among other users) of sockpuppetry without hard, relevant, irrefutable evidence other than its easily-refutable say-so. I request it be blocked indefinitely. DawgDeputy (talk) 22:24, 3 July 2020 (UTC)
- Ylevental is trying desperately to get me blocked for something I did not do. I request immediate action be taken against it before it goes after another innocent user. DawgDeputy (talk) 23:15, 3 July 2020 (UTC)
- And now it is trying to take the frivolous case to Vandalism in Progress. I request action be taken against it immediately. DawgDeputy (talk) 14:54, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- I also request that all of its edits be permanently hidden so that they will never come back. DawgDeputy (talk) 04:10, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
- And that all of the files it uploaded be deleted, as well. DawgDeputy (talk) 04:14, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
TVEBOR block evasion
Vandalism report on User:DawgDeputy
See Wikiquote:Vandalism_in_progress#New_report_on_DawgDeputy Ylevental (talk) 13:20, 4 July 2020 (UTC)
I tagged Muntader saleh for deletion as spam, but the speedy deletion tag was removed by the page creator twice (happens to have the same username as the page title...) can an admin please take a look? --DannyS712 (talk) 09:07, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Delete: I've been reverted, too. Known from c:Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Theczr. --Achim55 (talk) 14:32, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
A block for DawgDeputy?
I checked his block log and there is nothing there. This is despite the fact that he attempted to repeatedly remove an issue I posted about him instead of simply replying, and in fact, a second user in May also complained about his repeated attacks at Wikiquote:Administrators'_noticeboard/Archive/035#Harassment_and_Edit_warring_by_User:DawgDeputy. However, nothing was done. I just learned about this incident today. I believe that at least temporary block is in order. Even looking through his history, he has been vandalizing for many years. Ylevental (talk) 20:14, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
Even more evidence where an administrator accuses DawgDeputy of harassment: https://en.wikiquote.org/w/index.php?title=User%3APratap_Pandit&type=revision&diff=2795798&oldid=2795759
Finally, he attempted to repeatedly add inappropriate content to an article a couple years ago, but was never reported: https://en.wikiquote.org/w/index.php?title=Jonathan_Mitchell&diff=prev&oldid=2522095
- That is irrelevant. And I only ever made one edit on that article. Furthermore, I only fight vandalism. I do not perform vandalism. DawgDeputy (talk) 20:31, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
Please block and rev-delete
- And while you're at it, give me rollback on this Wiki please so I can roll this loser's edits back as soon as he pings me. I don't understand why you all cannot install the kinds of filters that we have on en-wiki. Drmies (talk) 21:14, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- DannyS712, I am not sure what you are asking: filters and stuff, that all goes way over my head... I appreciate the help, though. Ivanvector, do you know more? You know lots of stuff... Drmies (talk) 15:42, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- Unfortunately no, that's a bit over my head too. I'll send a note to the functionaries list, someone there should know what filters apply. In the meantime, Drmies, do you use IRC? There's pretty much always a steward watching #wikimedia-stewards, if you ping them they can lock an account pretty damn fast. Also I don't know if global rollback is a thing but you might want to ask about it. Ivanvector (talk) 19:02, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- Well, I can tell you that on enwiki, MmmMcGriddles tripped filters 3, 12, 61, 135, 249, 316, 323, 384, 789, and 803 all on 12 June 2017, and filter 51 on 28 June 2018. In case that helps. Ivanvector (talk) 15:23, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
bad IP editor with many *problems* 2601:81:c402:ad20::/64
Please block problematic Thomas and Friends editor that now switch to vandalize SpongeBob. 2601:81:c402:ad20::/64
He/it already got blocked six months on EN wiki, yay! Here.
- childish vandal 2601:81:c402:ad20::/64 now engaged in copyright viols. Please block it now. --Anti-Spectrum (talk) 01:42, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
- Delete this report and strike the reporting party's comments. DawgDeputy (talk) 12:47, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
And that is New editings.
Recently filed a report without proper judgment (since the recently-reported IPs in question did not necessarily vandalize, but rather only added too many quotes that exceeded Wikiquote's limitations and have not been persistent), and judging from the poor grammar in this report, I find its claims superfluous. DawgDeputy (talk) 23:03, 10 July 2020 (UTC)