- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
I'm sorry that you're starting off with this, but I'm afraid I deleted your article on Grant Dowell. This college graduate student had had an article, but it was reviewed and deleted back on 27 May 2005, after it was found to be a "vanity" article from or about a non-notable subject. Articles that have already been deleted once after a community review may be "speedy-deleted" whenever they are recreated.
Very few grad students are considered notable by Wikimedia standards, which rely on published information in reliable sources to allow article content to be verified. If this person has his quotes recorded in mainstream publications (i.e., not on university student pages), he may be eligible for inclusion at that time. If this occurs, it would be a very good idea to include specific citations of those publications to avoid another summary deletion. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask them on my talk page. Thank you for your understanding. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 06:31, 1 September 2006 (UTC)