- redirect w:en:User talk:Quadell
Welcome back and nice to meet you Quadell, perhaps you don't know me. I am a Wikiquoter and a sysop since this April. I am happy to see you again here, and expect to know your "crazy idea" ;) Sorry for disabling your redirect, but at the moment I think it would be a good way to attract your attention since you are now active on the project.
- Thanks! Yeah, you're right -- a redirect probably isn't a good idea after all. I'm only semi-active nowadays on Wikiquote. All the best, Quadell 20:28, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Welcome back and request for mail confirmation
Hi, Quadell, welcome back to English Wikiquote.
During your absence, Wikiquote:Requests for adminship was updated and all active sysops are requested to provide an email address to the community either through wikimail or on their talk (as you may know, now we need to activate and confirm our address before using Wikimail function.
The new rule says:
In principle, administrators should register a valid email address and allow other users to send them messages in preferences, or an email address indicated on their user page. For active sysops, as well sysop candidates, it is mandatory. Inactive sysops and guest sysops are recommended to put their wikimail addresson their talk pages. If they are back and become active again, they are expected to activate their mail preferences.
Since we have no way to mail you, I put this message on your talk. Would you please consider the requirement above, and give us an oppoturnity to mail you?
Thanks! --Aphaia 10:17, 3 May 2007 (UTC)
- I did this. Sorry it took so long. Quadell 20:28, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
- No prob, hopefully. I noticed you received mails from Wikipiedia. And oh, welcome back, Quadell! It's really nice to see you here again. --Aphaia 07:28, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
New Year's resolution
Happy New Year! One of my New Year's resolutions is to finish Wikiquote:Bartlett's 1919 Index - but I can't do it alone. There are 234 red links for which articles need to be created, and 275 blue links for which articles need to be checked. Although I've been trying to get one done each day, lately I have not had time to do even that! Please consider making a commitment to help me keep my resolution by creating or checking one entry on this page per week. Help public domain quotes find their home in 2008! Cheers! BD2412 T 04:59, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed you have not edited here in quite a long time, and are listed as an inactive administrator. Do you think there is any chance you will be back? Cheers! BD2412 T 04:19, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- I have no plans to work on Wikiquote again, but if I do, it won't be in the capacity of an administrator. Thanks.Quadell (talk) 20:04, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- In that case, would it be alright if I ask on Meta for a Steward to remove your sysop rights here on Wikiquote? -- Cirt (talk) 20:26, 7 February 2015 (UTC)