Please add all new messages to the bottom unless replying. Also, don't forget to sign your name using four tildes ~~~~.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- To sign with a date, write four tildes (~~~~) and save.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Be bold.
List of films
- Sorry about deleting the "Notes" links on List of films. I did not realise the "Notes" section had been deleted. --Thorpe 12:58, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
No problem. I'd missed the section's accidental deletion half a year ago by someone who was merely trying to add two Zorro films. I only realized the problem because I happened to have added the section last year, so I knew something was missing. Your attempt to bring the table of contents in line with the article content is very appreciated! ~ Jeff Q (talk) 17:52, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you for the late welcome. :) --Thorpe 21:49, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
Yeah, I apologize for the templated message. I should have made it a bit more appropriate for an editor of at least 8 months, but I was in a hurry to get something mailed, and I've learned to do small but useful things quickly lest they never get done. (When I started my campaign of welcoming every single new user back in March, I only went back as far as February to catch up. I still feel guilty about this arbitrary cutoff.) Thanks for taking it with good humor. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 22:16, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- No problem. I seem to welcome a lot of people on the English Wikipedia (usually when going through the Recent Changes there). Are you an administrator here? I am one at Wikipedia. --Thorpe 22:18, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- I've been an admin here at en:Wikiquote for about 15 months, but I'm not yet one at en:Wikipedia. I've contemplated the latter for quite a while. (For one thing, I sure would like to be able to find deleted articles more easily in order to aid Wikiquote's VfD process. There's also at least one document in the Administrators' reading list that, last time I checked, wasn't accessible to WP non-admins, defeating its use by other projects' admins.)
- My greatest pause has come from the intense scrutiny that seems to fly in the face of the original "no big deal" idea of sysophood at WP, where anyone who showed mature judgment, commitment to the project, and a willingness to work on maintenance issues should be granted this right and responsibility. Wikipedia user MatthewFenton recently asked if I wanted to be nominated, but I'm afraid I gave him too ambiguous an answer. Since you've been through this yourself, I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at my work on WP with an eye to how others, especially the usual RfA suspects, might view it, and let me know if I have a reasonable chance. But don't feel obligated. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 22:36, 8 August 2006 (UTC)