Jump to navigation Jump to search
- “I’ll tell you a minor secret of playing villains. Mine are usually polite and almost invariably charming. Nobody likes a nasty villain.”
- Harvey Dent/Two Face: You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
- Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations
- Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 419.
- Now I will show myself
To have more of the serpent than the dove;
That is—more knave than fool.
- Christopher Marlowe, The Jew of Malta (c. 1592), Act II, scene 3.
- Zeno first started that doctrine, that knavery is the best defence against a knave.
- Plutarch, Moralia (2d century), Volume I. Of Bashfulness.
- There's ne'er a villain dwelling in all Denmark
But he's an arrant knave.
- A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats.
- His nunc præmium est qui recta prava faciunt.
- Knavery's now its own reward.
- Terence, Phormio (c. 161 BC), V, 1, 6.