Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The people agree that everyone should have his own visions. I, too, have visions, or wishes. I wish that every Chinese citizen can live a life of satisfaction, every peasant child can go to school and every person reaching a working age can have a job. I wish people wouldn't have to worry about medical care if they are sick, particularly those in rural areas. I believe that this is the dream of every Chinese person.
- Wen Jiabao (2004) cited in: South China Morning Post, 7 May 2004.
- China has established friendship with many African countries, and is opening itself up to Africa and providing assistance. It is cooperating with African countries on an equal basis and has no desire to colonize Africa.
- Wen Jiabao (2006) cited in: When "Made in China" become "Made in Africa", 22 December 2006
- The speed of the fleet is not determined by the fastest vessel; rather it is determined by the slowest one.
- Wen Jiabao (2007) cited in: Joseph Kahn, China isn't looking to replace U.S., prime minister says, The International Herald Tribune, 16 March 2007
- Sino-Japanese relations will certainly brighten more in the future and the flowers of friendly Sino-Japanese relations will increase their beauty.
- Wen Jiabao (2007) cited in: China's Wen seeks to charm Japan as ties thaw 13 April 2007
- Only when the masses are reassured, can the country be at peace. Only when the country is at peace, can the leaders be relieved.
- Wen Jiabao (2008) cited in: "Sorry seems to be the newest word" at BBC News, 9 February 2008
- Translation: I only have one sentence to say: it is the people who kept you fed, so do as you see fit.
- Wen Jiabao (2008) cited in: "In Chinese:军队行动迟缓 温家宝怒摔电话". Renminbao.com. 16 May 2008.
- During 2008 Sichuan Earthquake, Wen's angry reply to the PLA rescue team about their delays before they boarded the rescue plane:
- I can also tell you on the Internet in China, you can have access to a lot of postings that are quite critical about the government. It is exactly through reading these critical opinions on the Internet that we try to locate problems and further improve our work. I don't think a system or a government should fear critical opinions or views. Only by heeding those critical views would it be possible for us to further improve our work and make further progress. I frequently browse the Internet to learn about a situation.
- Wen Jiabao (2008) cited in: "Transcript of interview with Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao". CNN. 28 September 2008.
- Create the conditions for people to criticize the Government, to monitor the government, and at the same time to give full play to the supervisory role of the news media, so that the power to run under sunshine.(
- Wen Jiabao (2010) cited in: Government Work Report, National People's Congress cited in "如何「讓權力在陽光下運行」". BBC. 28 September 2008.
- Wen Jiabao biography @ China Vitae, the web's largest online database of China VIPs
- The Age - Who is Wen Jiabao?
- "Wen says China's reforms irreversible" The Financial Express (2 October 2006)
- "Chinese Premier Wen Puts History Aside, Visits Japan" (11 April 2007)
- How to pronounce Wen Jiabao
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|