Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? (game show)
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? is a children's American game show that aired on PBS Kids. It was the very first television game show to air on PBS. The series is based on the popular geography computer game by BroderBund Software Inc. The show is hosted by Greg Lee. And the announcer/co-hostess is Lynne Thigpen as The Acme Crimenet Chief.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Acme Crimenet Chief: Today's episode (Insert episode title)
- Rockapella: (Scatting)
- The Acme Crimenet Chief: (Telling us the story on one of Carmen's enemy friend and their crime) So your job is to, (Put the landmark or something back to their location), Then put the end on Carmen. (Goes to the opening theme) All of these people want to know....
- Rockapella: (singing) Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
- The Acme Crimenet Chief: And one of these gumshoes could find her!
- [One of the members of Rockapella name the three contestants]
- The Acme Crimenet Chief: And here he is, The ACME Special Agent renamed Senior Agent in charge of training new recruits, Greg Lee!
- Greg Lee: Thank You, Chief. Hello everybody, Welcome to Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
- The Acme Crimenet Chief: The boys down at the Acme Photo Recreation Bureau has put together a few slides. Let's view it.
- Greg Lee: It's time for the final clue on round 1. Before you show me your answers, You have to show me how much you bet. If you are correct, We will add it to your score. If you are incorrect, We will subtract it from your score. As always, You can bet 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 Acme Crimebucks, If you are not sure. You may not want to be a lot. I am advising you. Thank you. Are you ready? Let's take a look at the map and think about it.
- The Acme Crimenet Chief: Here is the list of places Carmen may had travel. (Gives out 13 places) Greg, Take (the gumshoe name) to the map!
- Greg Lee: If you are correct, You will hear this sound (sirens). But if you are incorrect, You will hear this sound (buzzer). If you are incorrect twice, Don't worry about the markers (or in the first two seasons, the flag), We will skip that one, And go to then next location.
- Greg Lee: Now, There is one last thing we have to do. And you what that is? (The Audience and the Gumshoe says along) DO IT, ROCKAPELLA!!!
- The Acme Crimenet Chief: All geographic information was accurate as of the date this program was recorded.