Alice Through the Looking Glass (film)
- For other uses of "Alice in Wonderland", see Alice in Wonderland (disambiguation).
Alice Through the Looking Glass is a 2016 American fantasy adventure film directed by James Bobin, written by Linda Woolverton and produced by Tim Burton. It is loosely based on Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll, and is the sequel to the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland.
- There's nothing wrong with me.
- Time is a he?
Absolem, the Buttefly
- [first lines] You're Alice. Of course.
- Clumsy as always and twice as dim. I thought you'd never get the idea.
- You've been gone too long, Alice. And he will be gone before long.
- [last lines] All will become clear in the fullness of time. For now, hurry. [she goes to the door, but Absolem interrupts her] And do mind your step.
Bayard the Bloodhound
- [first line] Alice.
- It was a great storm. We ventured out into the turgut woods to investigate.
- Because you're not from here, only you can use it, Alice.
Tarrant, the Mad Hatter
- I've always wondered when soon is.
- He's stuck us all at one minute to tea time!
- I don't wanna hold on!
- Who's to say which is which?
Thackery, the March Hare
- Tea time, forever!
Chessur, the Cheshire Cat
- [from trailer] When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, When the clock strikes heavy and there's no time for tea. And in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.
The Red Queen
- Hello, Alice.
- Oh, Alice, you always were an irksome, slurvish, interrupting thing!
- I shall have the heads of all of your friends, then I shall have your head. Ta-ta.
- [from trailer] Young lady, your time is up.
- Absolem: You've been gone too long, Alice, and he will be gone before long.
- Bayard: [after Alice falls from the sky and into a flower bed, her Underland friends surround and greet her] Alice.
- White Rabbit: [hops up to Alice and hugs her arm] Alice! Thank goodness you're finally here!
- March Hare: It's that girl again!
- Tweedledee: Alice! You're back!
- [the Bandersnatch roars his greeting and pants, smiling at Alice]
- Mallymkun: [to the Bandersnatch] Don't be nice to her. She's late.
- Alice: Have I come at a bad time?
- White Queen: On the contrary. We were afraid you weren't coming at all.
- Alice: What's the matter?
- White Rabbit: The Hatter's the matter.
- Tweedledee: Or the matter of the Hatter.
- Tweedledum: The former.
- Tweedledee: No, the latter.
- White Queen: [rolls her eyes] Tweedles. [gives them a look as if to say, "Get to the point, please."]
- Tweedles: [in unison] He's mad.
- Alice: The Hatter? [the Tweedles nod] Yes, I know. [climbs out of the flower bed and pulls her hair back in a half-up style] That's his muchness. That's what makes him so... him.
- Tweedledee: But he's grown darker. Less dafter.
- Tweedledum: Denies himself laughter.
- Cheshire Cat: [appears in the tree above them] And no scheme of ours can raise any sort of smile. We rather hoped YOU might help us save him.