Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Journalist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Given the right conditions, any society can turn against democracy. Indeed, if history is anything to go by, all societies eventually will.
- Polarization is normal. Skepticism about liberal democracy is normal. And the appeal of authoritarianism is eternal.
- Official website
- 2005 Pulitzer Prize citation for Gulag: A History
- "Anne Applebaum, Opinion Writer" The Washington Post
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- on YouTube – 1:20 lecture by Anne Applebaum spoken in London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), recorded on Monday 28 January 2013.