Jump to navigation Jump to search
- While diets high in protein and low in carbohydrates were shown to be beneficial for reproductive function, they had detrimental effects for health in mid-late life and also led to a shortened lifespan.
- Samantha M. Solon-Biet, Victoria C. Cogger, Stephen J. Simpson, "Branched-chain amino acids impact health and lifespan indirectly via amino acid balance and appetite control", Nature Metabolism (29, April 2019); as qtd. in Maria Cohut, "Muscle-building protein shakes may threaten health", Medical News Today, (5/2/2019).
- Men are so imprudent that they take up a diet which, though it tastes sweet, is poisonous.
- Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince, (1532)
- I was put on a diet when I was 10. My mother said that women with smaller mouths are attractive, so keep my mouth small, don't talk or laugh so loud. I was taught to observe and listen. I burnt time burning calories when I could have been thinking about other things.
- MILCK, as quoted in Barlow, Eve (May 17, 2017). "How Milck's Women's March Anthem "Quiet" Went Viral and Changed Her Life". LA Weekly. Retrieved on 15 January 2019.
- When you think about a better tomorrow, you think about veganism in the world. I don’t need a dead animal or dead piece of flesh to go into my live body. There’s nothing on this planet that doesn’t want to live. I had animals as friends, they were happy to see me in their own animal way. I’m quite sure they did not want to be on my plate. I think hip-hop has become more conscious about diet… You are what you eat, so if this cow who is stressed, dumbfounded, sick becomes your meal, when you eat it, you are eating that stress and sickness. You are eating that fear. My peers and people that are related to me appreciate the vegan lifestyle, it’s really spreading.