Everybody's Hero is a 2006 computer animated sports comedy-drama family film, directed by Colin Brady, Christopher Reeve (who was working on this film at the time of his death), and Daniel St. Pierre, with music by John Debney. The majority of this film was produced by IDT Entertainment in Toronto with portions outsourced to Reel FX Creative Studios. It was distributed by 20th Century Fox, and released theatrically on September 15, 2006. Everyone's Hero had a moderate performance at the box office, earning only $16 million worldwide during its theatrical run, but the film was not released in several major countries. The film is also dedicated to the memory of director Christopher Reeve and his wife, Dana Morosini.
- Darlin': [to Screwie] Face it, Leatherface. You're beat.
- Yankee Irving: [he and Darlin' have just had a bonding moment] Thanks, Darlin'.
- Darlin': No, no. Thank you, Yankee.
- Screwie: Oh, brother! You could pour this stuff on pancakes!
- Yankee: That guard had to have stolen Babe Ruth's bat!
- Screwie: Why would a guard working at a Yankee Stadium steal Babe Ruth's bat? Now, if it were somebody workin' at the stadium in Chicago, I could see that...
- Bully Kid Tubby: Hey, look. A baseball.
- Screwie: Hey, look. The missing link.
- Announcer: And it just goes to show you... You can be the smallest, you can be the weakest, you can be the worst player on the field, but when people tell you you're no good, and say you should give it up, you know what you do? You just keep on swinging.
- Screwie: [has fallen off Yankee's backpack and is bouncing down the fire escape] My head, my butt, my head, my butt!
About Everyone's Hero
- It's a lovely script. I like the simplicity of it and the beauty of it. Some of the Pixar films, you know, they've got those double entendres in it for adults, and some of the jokes truthfully I think when you're with your 6 year old you have to say, "Daddy, why is it funny when the cookie says eat me?" And you have to say, "Uhhh, because if you ate him he wouldn't be there, would he?" This doesn't have any of that in it. It's so pure and clean. It's about keep swinging, don't give up."”
- Jake T. Austin as Yankee Irving
- William H. Macy as Lefty Maginnis
- Mandy Patinkin as Stanley Irving
- Brian Dennehy as Babe Ruth
- Rob Reiner as Screwie
- Whoopi Goldberg as Darlin'
- Raven-Symoné as Marti Brewster
- Forest Whitaker as Lonnie Brewster
- Robert Wagner as Mr. Robinson
- Dana Reeve as Emily Irving
- Richard Kind as Hobo Andy / Maitre'D
- Joe Torre as New York Yankees manager
- Ed Helms as Hobo Louie
- Conor J. White as Hobo Arnold
- Robin Williams as Napoleon Cross (uncredited)
- Richtie Allen as Officer Bryant / Additional Voices
- Patrick Warburton as Coach Larry Benson
- Greta Nilssen as Ella Buntong