Jump to navigation Jump to search
Flour is a powder made by grinding raw grains, roots, beans, nuts or seeds.
|This food article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Quando la gente non avea farina,
Lo re diceva : Mangiate pollanie.
- Francesco Dall'Ongaro, Stornelli Politici, "Cera una volta".
- Translation: When that the people cried they had no flour.
Eat poultry, was the answer of the king.
- Translation reported in Harbottle's Dictionary of quotations French and Italian (1904), p. 397.
- There are four types among those who sit before the sages: the sponge, the funnel, the strainer and the sieve. [...] The sieve rejects the coarse flour and retains the fine flour.
- Pirkei Avot 5:15
- While you still have light, grind the flour.
Wikibooks has a book on the topic of
- "Flour" . New International Encyclopedia. 1905.