(Redirected from Fossil fuels)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This generation has altered the composition of the atmosphere on a global scale through radioactive materials and a steady increase in carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels.
- It seems to me we need something like the Manhattan Project. We need some urgency saying, "Here's what we should be doing. We've got to get off fossil fuels."
- Lee Iacocca, "The Long View: Iacocca Says Detroit Is Living in the Past", Morning Edition, NPR, 26 April 2007.
- At issue is not whether the global economy will pass away. It is passing away. Rising populations and debt combined with depletion of freshwater sources and fossil fuel make the status quo untenable. The only question is whether civil society will survive the transition.
- We have a moral responsibility to help working families in the fossil fuel industry find new jobs.
- Bernie Sanders, in "Sanders Introduces Major Clean Energy Jobs Package", 8 December 2015.
- We have a moral responsibility to stand up to the fossil fuel industry and leave our children a healthy and habitable planet.
- Bernie Sanders, statement, 4 January 2016.
- To control global warming, only one solution: stop burning fossil fuels.