Fossil fuel divestment
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The logic of divestment couldn't be simpler: if it's wrong to wreck the climate, it's wrong to profit from that wreckage.
- We see this as both a moral imperative and an economic opportunity.
- I think this is part of a process of delegitimising this sector and saying these are odious profits, this is not a legitimate business model.
- This Agreement [...] aims to strengthen the global response to the threat of climate change, [...] including by [...] Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C and [...] Making finance flows consistent with a pathway towards low greenhouse gas emissions and climate-resilient development.
- It is clear the transition to a clean energy future is inevitable, beneficial and well underway, and that investors have a key role to play.
- Reasonably, all these investments are financial dead-ends or ecological disasters.
- We need to rapidly shift away from our dependence on fossil fuels. [...] Nothing less than our future and the fate of humankind depends on how we rise to the climate challenge.