Game of Death
For other uses, see Game of Death (disambiguation)
Game of Death (traditional Chinese: 死亡遊戲; simplified Chinese: 死亡游戏; Jyutping: Sei5 Mong4 Jau4 Hei3; pinyin: Sǐwáng Yóuxì) is a 1978 Hong Kong action film co-written (under the pseudonym Jan Spears along with Raymond Chow) and directed by Robert Clouse.
- Let it go. What must be done is being done.
Quotes about The Game of Death
- I am currently working on a script for my next film . I have not really decided the title yet, but what I want to show is the need to adapt one - self to changing circumstances . The inhability to adapt brings destruction . I already have the first scene in my mind . As the film opens , the audience sees a wide expanse of snow . Then the camera closes a group of trees while the sound of a strong wind fill the screen . There is a huge tree in the center of the screen and that's all covered with thick snow . Suddenly you hear a loud pop and a huge branch of the tree falls to the ground . you can not give in to the force of snow so it breaks . Then the camera moves to a willow tree that bends with the wind . Why adapts to the environment , the willow survives.
- Do you understand? This sword becomes a whip!
(5 rd Floor Guardian)
- His big advantage is that he gives no thought to life or death. And with no distracting thoughts, he is therefore free to concentrate on fighting against the attack from outside. [(from dialogue cantonese with the English subtitles)]
- With his great size, he is going to find it difficult to keep getting up each time I knock him down. [(from dialogue cantonese with the English subtitles)]
- Look at him. Give him the fatigue bombing! [(from dialogue cantonese with the English subtitles)]
- I'm so tired. No, no! Hai Tien, he must be much more tired than you. Calm down your soul. [(from dialogue cantonese with the English subtitles)]
- Hai Tien: [prepares to fight with his bamboo whip] You know baby, this bamboo is longer, more flexible and very much alive, and if your flashy routine cannot keep up with the speed and elusiveness of this thing here, all I can say is you will be in deep trouble.
- 3rd Floor Guardian: That we will have to find out.
- Hai Tien: [fight proceeds] I am telling you it is difficult to have a rehearsed routine to fit in with broken rhythm … see, rehearsed routines, lack the flexibility to adapt.
- The Game of Death
- Game of Death II
- Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey
- Bruce Lee in G.O.D 死亡的遊戯
- The Story