Jump to navigation Jump to search
Healthcare is the treatment and management of illness, and the preservation of health through services offered by the medical, dental, pharmaceutical, nursing, and related professions.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Homer Simpson: America's health care system is second only to Japan … Canada, Sweden, Great Britain … well, all of Europe. But you can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay!
- I don't think I know enough to say, well, here's the plan. It's not my specialty.... But I don't think there's any way not to have that debate about how much we're going to spend on health care.... In finding our way forward, we've got to be able to find ways to deliver the quality care that everyone expects and that we're capable of providing to the maximum number of people.
- Dick Cheney, "The Weekend Interview: The Story of Dick Cheney's Heart", The Wall Street Journal, July 9, 2011.
- Sarah Kliff spent the last year looking at over 1000 ER bills and has found outrageous facility fees, high costs for OTC drugs, and charges for simply sitting in the waiting room. Medicare for All would take these excess costs out of the equation...
- Our demand for the Green New Deal must be stronger than fossil fuel lobbyists. Our demand for Medicare for All must be stronger than Big Pharma lobbyists. Our demand for Net Neutrality must be stronger than ISP lobbyists.
- Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in healthcare is the most shocking and inhumane.
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Speech to the Second National Convention of the Medical Committee for Human Rights – Chicago (25 March 1966), as quoted in Dan Munro, "America's Forgotten Civil Right - Healthcare", Forbes (28 August 2013). See also: Amanda Moore, "Tracking Down Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Words on Health Care", Huffington Post (18 August 2013)
- It's playing with people's lives, like you were playing a slot machine. [...] I love slot machines, but I don't like Russian roulette.
- Medicare-for-all, once widely considered a fringe proposal for providing health care in the U.S., is getting more popular. Several Democratic presidential hopefuls are getting behind the idea.... Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., endorsed the approach Monday...saying her aim would be to eliminate all private insurance. "Who of us has not had that situation, where you've got to wait for approval and the doctor says, well, 'I don't know if your insurance company is going to cover this,' " Harris said. "Let's eliminate all of that. Let's move on." ...The health insurance industry is already gearing up to oppose any "Medicare-for-all" proposals, according to The Intercept, an investigative news website.
- NPR (National Public Radio) in Several Democrats Eyeing A Presidential Run Embrace 'Medicare-For-All'' (30 January 2019)
- Healthcare is one of the areas where open data will potentially take off soonest and have the biggest impact.
- Tim O'Reilly, "Open Source and the future of print in the age of the Social Network", Linux Voice, February 20, 2015. (WebCite archive)
- Criticism should not be focused on Nazi Germany alone but extend beyond to include physicians in democratic countries, as well. Physicians outside Germany before the war, in the United States in particular were well aware of the evolving racist thrust of the health care system. They chose to remain silent.
- William E. Seidelman (1992). Quoted in, The War Against Children of Color: Psychiatry Targets Inner-City Youth (1998), Peter R. Breggin, M.D., Common Courage Press, Monroe, Maine, ISBN 1567511279 ISBN 1567511260 ( 2002 ed., ISBN 1567511260 ISBN 9781567511260 ch. 7, Condemned by Science: The Role of Psychiatry in the Holocaust, p. 124. 
- The statistics are staggering, 1 in 5 young people suffer from a mental illness, that’s 20 percent of our population but yet only about 4 percent of the total health care budget is spent on our mental health.
- "Mental Disorders", Teenmentalhealth.org.