The Islamic Revolution in 1979, lead by the Ayatollah Khomeini, brought about a regime change in Iran by overthrowing Muhammad Reza Pahlavi, the Shah of Iran. It has been a defining point in the modern history of Islam.
- Global arrogance, is not satisfied with the Islamic Revolution's success because it is quite aware of the fact that our victory would result in the globalization of Islam.
- ...the Islamic Revolution of Iran, was anything but a progressive movement. This was a conscious assault on the 2500 year old Persian Empire and the progressive Iranian people in the twentieth century. This untimely revolution outrageously installed the most oppressive theocratic Islamic system known to the history of mankind. With that, it renewed an era of Islamic terrorism and the revival of its never-ending passion for world domination.
- Iran: It’s Time for a Progressive Revolution, 01 Jul, 2007.
- After the Islamic revolution in Iran many people became interested in Islam, which was, hitherto, a very obscure religion usually associated with the Arabs, the poor, and the Blacks.
- I admit that I called it wrong really from the beginning and in the direction that it went. The direction that it went -- this rather harsh and brutal and intolerant direction that it went -- certainly surprised me. I didn't expect it. Nor did I expect that we and the Iranians would remain estranged for as long as we have.