Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jussie Smollett (born June 21, 1982) is an American actor and singer.
- Happy first night of #Hanukkah my peeps. As I recite my blessings I'm thankful for all of the beauty in the world. I pray that we all come together as a human race and fight for the peace that this world so deserves. The very foundation of peace is respect and I respect & love you all deeply. (Except bigots... Yall can kiss my ass.) 🙌 #HappyHanukkah2014 #Blewish
- That mask is a representation of this false idea of patriotism. And that mask is a representation of this idea of white male privilege,
It's so much bigger than him. It's what he represents, and it's because of that representation, that's why he's the president of the United States currently.
- Shut the hell up you bitch ass nigga. You will continue to run this country further into the ground and risk lives every time you breathe. You’re not the president. Just a dumpster full of hate. FOH. Sick to my stomach that literal shit currently represents America to the world.
- 11 January 2018, also regarding Donald Trump
- Frauds are everywhere y’all. Protect the mind, heart and spirit of you and your people at all costs.
- It's the attackers, but also the attacks,
It's not necessarily that you don't believe that this is the truth, you don't even want to see the truth.
- 14 February 2019, interview
- “I do, because I was there. For me, when that was released, I was like, ‘Okay, we’re getting somewhere.’ …I don’t have any doubt in my mind that that’s them. Never didn’t.
- 14 February 2019
- in response to Robbin Roberts saying "The police have gone through a lot of video and they were able to capture an image of two people of interest. Have you seen that image? And do you believe they could possibly be the attackers?" on Good Morning America
- 14 February 2019
- While they attacked him for those beliefs, this attack should be an attack on us all
- The racist and homophobic attack on Jussie Smollett is a horrific instance of the surging hostility toward minorities around the country.
- Jussie is my friend - a very talented & beautiful human being. It is so hurtful that homophobic haters would dare hurt someone so loving and giving. I'm dedicated to finding the culprits and bringing them to justice. Jussie did not deserve to be harmed by anyone!
- @JussieSmollett is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery. This was an attempted modern day lynching.
- New York State calls this attack on Jussie Smollett what it is — a hate crime. Homophobia and racism will not be tolerated
- What happened today to @JussieSmollett must never be tolerated in this country. We must stand up and demand that we no longer give this hate safe harbor; that homophobia and racism have no place on our streets or in our hearts. We are with you, Jussie.
- This is a sickening and outrageous attack, and horribly, it's the latest of too many hate crimes against LGBTQ people and people of color. We are all responsible for condemning this behavior and every person who enables or normalizes it. Praying for Jussie and his family.
- The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day lynching. I'm glad he's safe. To those in Congress who don't feel the urgency to pass our Anti-Lynching bill designating lynching as a federal hate crime– I urge you to pay attention.
- This is a truly awful hate crime that has no place anywhere in this nation. No one should be attacked because of the color of their skin or who they love. Jussie, please know that many people across IL and our country are sending love your way.
- The racist, homophobic attack on @JussieSmollett is an affront to our humanity,
No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all.
- Police raided the home of two persons of interest in Jussie Smollett case last night. Both men are of Nigerian decent and have appeared as extras on the show. Police took bleach, shoes electronics and more.Officers asked family if they knew #Jussiesmollett.
This information is according to family who says home was ransacked. I asked family why they think police picked the two brothers up for questioning and they replied by saying the men left for #Nigeria the day of the attack.
- You are not weak. You are brave. One of the bravest I know. Speaking your truth, a person living at the intersection of multiple identities, unapologetically, takes courage. I love you
- As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.
One of these purported suspects was Jussie’s personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity.
- 18 February 2019 by Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson, Smollett's attorneys
- Smollett was convicted of a DUI and lie to police in 2007 according to court documents.
- 19 February 2019 by Matt Finn of Fox News
- That story is so crazy,
Now it's coming out that he might have set it up or whatever so I wish I knew what the truth was because everybody's so quick to jump on one side or the other before the actual facts come out.
- Is there no decency to this man?
- Mr. Smollett is still saying that he is innocent. Still running down the Chicago Police Department. How dare him,
This sends an unambiguous message that there is no accountability and that is wrong.
- 27 March 2019, also Rahm Emanuel
- It's Mr. Smollett who committed this hoax, period. If he wanted to clear his name, the way to do that was in a court of law so that everyone could see the evidence
- I hope he wins ... I'm happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn't always fair, especially for people of color. So I'm glad it worked out for him.
It's not my place or any other person's place to judge him or what not, but I'm glad the he's nominated
I hope he wins because I'd be interested to hear his speech
- He did tell police that from what he saw, he thought it was white or pale skin, that’s what he initially said,
Obviously, you can disguise that. You can put makeup on.
- Tina Glandian (Jussie's attorney) 29 March 2019 per Federalist