Andrew Mark Cuomo (/ˈkwoʊmoʊ/; born December 6, 1957) is an American lawyer and politician who served as the 56th governor of New York from 2011 to 2021. A member of the Democratic Party, he was elected to the same position that his father, Mario Cuomo, held for three terms (52nd governor). In 2021, Cuomo resigned from office amidst numerous allegations of sexual misconduct. At the time of his resignation, he was the longest-tenured governor in the United States still in position.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You know who came through Ellis Island? A gentleman named Richard Cawley. A poor Irish immigrant who came during the potato famine. You know who his grandson is? Vice President Michael Pence. You know who else came through New York harbor? Frederick Trump, grandfather of Donald Trump. The greatest arrogance is when you forget where you came from, and where you started, and this is the greatest arrogance. We all came from somewhere else. We are all immigrants.
- We are not going to make America great again. It was never that great. We have not reached greatness. We will reach greatness when every American is fully engaged. We will reach greatness when discrimination and stereotyping of women, 51% of our population, is gone, and every woman's full potential is realized and unleashed and every woman is making her full contribution.
- "Cuomo Says America ‘Was Never That Great’ in Jab at Trump Slogan", New York Times (15 August 2018)
- 'Just say no' isn't enough unless there is something to say 'yes' to."
- New York State calls this attack on Jussie Smollett what it is — a hate crime. Homophobia and racism will not be tolerated
- SALT encourages high-income New Yorkers to move to other states. And what you have to remember is even if a small number of high-income taxpayers leave, it has a dramatic effect on this tax space. We have one of the most progressive tax codes in the United States, which is a good thing. Which means the richer you are, the more you pay. However, that presents a very fragile economy because then you are relying on a very small number of people for the vast amount of your tax dollars. One percent of the taxpayers pay nearly half of all the taxes. One percent pay nearly half of all those taxes. Those one percent are the richest people in the state, they're the richest people in the country, and they are the most mobile people in the country. And you see the chart on the bottom. Top one percent - about 46 percent. Top five percent - 63 percent of all the revenue. Top 10 percent - 74 percent of all the revenue.
Tax the rich, tax the rich, tax the rich. We did. Now, God forbid the rich leave. More than 95 percent of the tax increase from SALT falls on the top 20 percent of taxpayers.
- We’re the ones who are hit now. That’s today, but tomorrow it’s going to somewhere else, whether it’s Detroit, whether it’s New Orleans. It will work it’s way across the country
- My brother Chris, is positive for coronavirus
- in a video interview with CNN captured on Don Lemon Fights Back Tears Over Chris Cuomo’s Coronavirus Diagnosis posted Apr 1, 2020
- It's a sad thing to say ... but that's classic Andrew Cuomo. A lot of people in New York State have received those phone calls. The bullying is nothing new. I believe Ron Kim and it's very, very sad, no public servant no person who's telling the truth should be treated that way. The threats, the belittling, the demand that someone change their statement right that moment ... many many times I've heard that and I know a lot of other people in this state have heard that
- De Blasio in an MSNBC De Blasio on Cuomo Bullying Allegations: ‘That's Classic Andrew Cuomo' (interview) (February 18, 2021)
- [Cuomo] chose to protect business profits over people's lives and now the whole world is paying attention to that decision and he needs to be held accountable for that
- Ron Kim via twitter according to "Ron Kim Accuses Cuomo of Protecting 'Profits Over People's Lives' Amid Nursing Home Deaths" (February 27, 2021)