Andrew Mark Cuomo (/ˈkwoʊmoʊ/; born December 6, 1957) is an American politician, author and lawyer serving as the 56th and current Governor of New York since 2011. A member of the Democratic Party, he was elected to the same position his father, Mario Cuomo, held for three terms.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We are not going to make America great again. It was never that great.
- "Cuomo Says America ‘Was Never That Great’ in Jab at Trump Slogan", New York Times (15 August 2018)
- New York State calls this attack on Jussie Smollett what it is — a hate crime. Homophobia and racism will not be tolerated
- SALT encourages high-income New Yorkers to move to other states. And what you have to remember is even if a small number of high-income taxpayers leave, it has a dramatic effect on this tax space. We have one of the most progressive tax codes in the United States, which is a good thing. Which means the richer you are, the more you pay. However, that presents a very fragile economy because then you are relying on a very small number of people for the vast amount of your tax dollars. One percent of the taxpayers pay nearly half of all the taxes. One percent pay nearly half of all those taxes. Those one percent are the richest people in the state, they're the richest people in the country, and they are the most mobile people in the country. And you see the chart on the bottom. Top one percent - about 46 percent. Top five percent - 63 percent of all the revenue. Top 10 percent - 74 percent of all the revenue.
Tax the rich, tax the rich, tax the rich. We did. Now, God forbid the rich leave. More than 95 percent of the tax increase from SALT falls on the top 20 percent of taxpayers.
Quotes about Andrew Cuomo
- Cuomo, through his murderous support for abortion legislation, coupled with his consistent invocation of his own Catholic identity, has crossed over from private failing to public witness against the faith. His public example as a pro-abortion Catholic is a public witness against not just good morals but the faith of the Church.
- Excommunicate Cuomo, 29 January 2019, First Things