Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Welcome to Detroit, where if you get that promotion? Don't worry, man, them bullets will still be at your ass firing.
- Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus.
- City of Detroit motto. In English: "We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes."
- In Detroit, niggas don't party. They pull a .44 out.
- You gotta lose your mind in Detroit, Rock City.
- KISS, "Detroit Rock City"
- Detroiters are perhaps Detroit’s greatest asset. They have never stopped innovating and caring, and nowhere is this more evident than in the vast proliferation of urban gardens and farms that dot the city’s landscape... In Detroit — that fair city rising from the night sky — all dreams are possible.
- Reif Larsen, "Detroit: The Most Exciting City in America?" (20 November 2017), The New York Times
- Boy toy named Troy used to live in Detroit. Big dope dealer money, he was gettin' some coins.
- Nicki Minaj, "Anaconda" (2014), The Pinkprint
- After decades of neglect, Detroit is rolling again. It’s like the whole place is caffeine-buzzed, freewheeling in ideas. Young creative types jump-started the scene when they began transforming the crazy-huge slew of abandoned buildings into distilleries, bike shops and galleries. This sparked fresh public works, such as the just-opened hockey and basketball arena downtown, and the QLine streetcar that gives easy access to city hot spots. More are coming: three new parks will extend the riverfront trail (ideal for two-wheeling via the new 43-station bike-share scheme in the greater downtown area), plus groovy hotels will emerge from an old wig shop and a forlorn parking lot.
- Lonely Planet, "Top 10 Cities to Visit in 2018" (2017)
- Detroit is the first city since antiquity to go above a million in population and then below.
- Where's my gangsters, and all my thugs? Throw them hands up and show some love, and I welcome you to Detroit City!
- You weren't English or Canadian anymore. You were a Detroiter.
- Detroit is the starting line of the world’s imagination.