Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five
Secrets of the Furious Five is a 2008 American animated short produced by DreamWorks Animation, which serves as a semi-sequel or spin-off to the animated feature film Kung Fu Panda and appears on a companion disc of the original film's deluxe DVD release. It was later broadcast on NBC on February 26, 2009 and is now available as a separate DVD as of March 24, 2009.
The film has a framing story of Po the Dragon Warrior (in computer animation) telling the stories of his comrades in arms, the Furious Five, which are depicted in 2D cel animation, similar to the opening and end credits of the original film.
- [Po and Shifu are racing each other up the palace stairs]
- Master Shifu: Are you ready?
- Po: Ready's my middle name!
- [Po speeds off ahead, and beats Shifu to their destination: the entrance doors to the Training Hall's courtyard. Po and Shifu put their backs to the door. Po pauses to catch his breath]
- Po: So what have we got? A gang of terrible rhinos? Crocs? Rabid wolves? Let's do it!
- Master Shifu: Be warned: This may be the toughest challenge you will ever have to face.
- [Po chuckles in anticipation. Then he blasts into the courtyard with a flying kick]
- Po: Get ready to feel the THUNDA... eh?
- [Instead of rabid wolves, the courtyard is full of rambunctious little rabbit children. Shifu follows Po inside]
- Master Shifu: Introduction to kung fu class.
- [Po watches several children beating up a training dummy, which has been redesigned to look like Po. The real Po winces as one of the children delivers a flying kick to the dummy's head]
- Po: Can I use the Wuxi Finger Hold on them?
- Master Shifu: [pause] I'd try not to. Remember Po, each generation teaches the next one, and so the art of kung fu lives on; in you, and now in these... [A rabbit flies past them and crashes off-screen] uh... delightful children. [Shifu speeds outside]
- Po: What?
- Master Shifu: Good luck. [slams the doors shut, trapping Po inside]
- [Not expecting this challenge at all, Po rushes to the door and sees Shifu walking away through a crack]
- Po: Wait a second! Master Shifu! Master Shi- come on! Auugh. [gulps and slowly approaches the students] Okay, if you'll just take a seat... er, hello? [The rabbits continue to play-fight] Hey, settle down now... [no response] Okay, er...
- [Po spots a nearby gong and strikes it with a flying kick, getting the students' attention at last]
- Po: Get those cotton tails on the floor!
- Rabbit Children: The Dragon Warrior!
- [The students rush over and sit on the floor in front of Po]
- Po: Thank you...
- Jack Black as Po
- Dustin Hoffman as Shifu
- David Cross as Crane
- Randall Duk Kim as Oogway
- Elizabeth Ann Bennett as Ant / Bunny
- Jaycee Chan as Young Monkey
- Jim Cummings as Instructor
- Jessica DiCicco as Young Viper
- John DiMaggio as Crocodile Bandit #1 / Gorilla Bandit
- Carol Kane as Sheep
- Stephanie Kearin as Crocodile Bandit #2
- Max Koch as Young Mantis
- Stephanie Lemelin as Mei Ling
- Meredith Scott Lynn as Master Viper's Mom
- Tom Owens as Ladybug
- Eamon Pirruccello as Impatient Bunny
- Grace Rolek as Shy Bunny
- Will Shadley as Nerdy Bunny
- James Sie as Great Master Viper
- Tara Strong as Young Tigress
Note: Mr. Ping didn't appear in the short, only on the DVD cover of the film.