Liam Hemsworth (born January 13, 1990) is an Australian actor. He played the roles of Josh Taylor in the soap opera Neighbours and Marcus in the children's television series The Elephant Princess. In American films, Hemsworth starred as Will Blakelee in The Last Song (2010), as Gale Hawthorne in The Hunger Games film series (2012–2015), and as Jake Morrison in Independence Day: Resurgence (2016). Hemsworth's older brothers, Luke and Chris, are also actors.
- Gary Ross is amazing. He’s just—he always has a billion ideas of what he wants, but has a very clear perspective also; he just makes it work. He really does. He’s trying different things and making everything look amazing.
- Krista Smith (November 8, 2011). "Q&A: Liam Hemsworth on The Hunger Games and Losing Weight for His Role". Vanity Fair (Conde Nast). Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- The thought definitely crosses my mind, but for me, it has always been about reading great scripts and finding things I relate to, and this was one of those. As an actor, I think you always want your work to do well, and I think that’s hopefully what’s going to happen. Hopefully this movie does turn out as great as everyone wants it to be, and hopefully we don’t disappoint anyone.
- On risks of becoming famous after The Hunger Games. — Krista Smith (November 8, 2011). "Q&A: Liam Hemsworth on The Hunger Games and Losing Weight for His Role". Vanity Fair (Conde Nast). Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- Jennifer was great. She is fantastic. Really easy to work with, no drama, really down-to-earth, such a funny girl. Nothing but good things to say about her. She really was great to work with. And it always makes it easier when you’re working with people that you like and you enjoy being around.
- On life on the movie set with actress Jennifer Lawrence. — Krista Smith (November 8, 2011). "Q&A: Liam Hemsworth on The Hunger Games and Losing Weight for His Role". Vanity Fair (Conde Nast). Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- Jennifer Lawrence is an incredible person and the most unpredictable person you will ever meet. You never know what she's going to say and why she's saying it. She's extremely fun to work with her and obviously perfect for Katniss.
- On working with Lawrence on The Hunger Games. — Davia L. Mosley (March 13, 2012). "'The Hunger Games' exclusive Cast members share highlights, behind-the-scenes action". Marietta Daily Journal (Georgia, United States).
- Gary Ross is just an incredible director, and it was great to have someone like him.
- Davia L. Mosley (March 13, 2012). "'The Hunger Games' exclusive Cast members share highlights, behind-the-scenes action". Marietta Daily Journal (Georgia, United States).
- Yeah, the physical stuff is always fun. I'm a physical and active person, so I would have loved to have done more of this, but my character does a lot more in the other films.
- Not eating. To not get fat. I lost about 15 pounds for the role because I wanted to get a sense of what it’s like to be hungry and what it does to your brain and your physical state. It was extremely tough to not be eating as much.
- Hemsworth on discussing most difficult part of preparing for role for The Hunger Games. — Stephen Schaefer (March 20, 2012). "Hemsworth craved meaty part". Boston Herald: pp. 28, 29; volume 30, issue80.
- My trainer was a great guy … who made me want to die for an hour. My character was spending most of his life in a state of hunger, and I wanted to get a sense of that, physically and mentally.
- It's about kids in a horrible situation and there's this girl who overcomes it and gives hope to everyone and they come together to do something about it.
- Hemsworth on themes in The Hunger Games. — "Hemsworth: 'Hunger Games' Violence Is Not Gratuitous". Waycross Journal Herald (Georgia, United States): p. 4. March 28, 2012.
- It was a nice change of pace to come to work, put on a nice suit and stay clean all day.
- After all the information I gathered about the mistreatment of animals, I couldn’t continue to eat meat. The more I was aware of, the harder and harder it was to do. About six months ago I went and saw a nutritionist to do a blood-diet analysis. He basically told me, based on my blood type and all the other different little tests they do, that red meat was good for me, and I should eat a lot more red meat and various other foods. So I started doing that, and the more red meat I ate, the worse I felt. At the same time, I have a lot of friends who are vegan. [Hunger Games co-star] Woody Harrelson was actually one of the original reasons I became vegan, because he’s been vegan for, I don’t know, 30 years or something. So, with the facts I was gathering, and then just how I was physically feeling, I felt like I had to do something different, so I adopted this vegan-diet lifestyle. … I feel nothing but positive, mentally and physically. I love it. I feel like it also has a kind of a domino effect on the rest of my life.
- I'm so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam.
- Miley Cyrus. — UPI News Service (June 6, 2012). "Cyrus and Hemsworth get engaged". UPI NewsTrack.
- I suspect Hemsworth may have been cast for his appeal to fangirls, rather like Robert Pattinson in "Twilight." He's a little too tall, blonde, blue-eyed and hunky to be super plausible. He can definitely become a star, but it may be in the Peter O'Toole tradition; I can more easily imagine him in a remake of "Lawrence of Arabia" than as a settled spouse in a domestic drama.