Lithuania (Lithuanian: Lietuvos Respublika), officially the Republic of Lithuania, is a country in Northern Europe. One of the three Baltic states, it is situated along the southeastern shore of the Baltic Sea, to the east of Sweden and Denmark. It is bordered by Latvia to the north, Belarus to the east and south, Poland to the south, and Kaliningrad Oblast (a Russian exclave) to the southwest. Lithuania has an estimated population of 2.9 million people as of 2015, and its capital and largest city is Vilnius.
|This Geography related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Anyone who would choose Lithuania as an enemy has also made an enemy of the United States of America.
- If Lithuania needs to defend itself again, we will not be alone as we were in some fatal historical moments.
- Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite said in a televised address, quoted on Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty (February 16, 2016), "Lithuania Celebrates Restoration Of Independence"
- Please accept the best wishes of the American people as you celebrate the 98th anniversary of Lithuania's declaration of independence. Lithuania continues to serve as a model to others, by advancing democracy and security on a global scale. Your dedication to helping other counties complete their own democratic transformation has been made clear through your work in the EU Eastern Partnership. In addition, you have continued to show leadership beyond your borders by standing with Ukraine and by maintaining your consistent support of Afghanistan.
- Barack Obama wrote in a congratulator letter to his Lithuanian counterpart, Dalia Grybauskaite, quoted on Baltic Times (February 15, 2016), "President Obama hails Lithuania as "model for strengthening democracy""