Mahathir bin Mohamad
(Redirected from Mahathir Mohamad)
- History should remember Blair and Bush as the killers of children or as the lying prime minister and president.
- "Bush and Blair, 'children killers'". PressTV. 09 Oct 2007.
- We need an opposition to remind us if we are making mistakes. When you are not opposed you think everything you do is right.
- December 2005. 
- The Malays are spiritually inclined, tolerant and easy-going. The non-Malays, and especially the Chinese, are materialistic, aggressive and have an appetite for work. For equality to come about, it is necessary that these strikingly contrasting races adjust to each other.
- 1970 book, "The Malay Dilemma."
- I believe that the country should have a strong government but not too strong. A two-thirds majority like I enjoyed when I was prime minister is sufficient but a 90% majority is too strong.
- To be a great leader, one needs to have good strategies, be knowledgeable and able to predict the future. 
- It is disgraceful that you should be used by adults for the purpose of trying to shame us ... The timber industry helps hundreds of thousands of poor people in Malaysia. Are they supposed to remain poor because you want to study tropical animals? Is your study more important than filling the stomachs of poor people? Are Malaysians expected to lose millions of pounds so that you can study animals? [...] I hope you will tell the adults who made use of you to learn all the facts. They should not be too arrogant and know how best to run a country… - Letter to Darrel Abercrombie in 1987, quoted at Free Malaysia Today
- I believe that if that bastard leaves, we then won't be bastardised.
- in reference to Prime Minister Najib Razak during a speech at Pasir Gudang on 29 August 2015. Previously, Najib Razak had warned that Malaysian Malays would be "bastardised" were UMNO to lose power in the government, raising controversy by using a swear word (Malay "bangsat", loosely translated as "anus") in his speech.
Malaysian Politicians Say the Darndest Things [Vol I]
- We will shoot [any Vietnamese migrants] on sight.
- on how Malaysia would deal with refugees from Vietnam fleeing the Sino-Vietnamese War.
- We also do not call each other "Bapak This" or "Bapak That, not like in the past. We now only hear people calling "Bapak" (father) at home.
- Even if I were to kiss and hug Anwar Ibrahim in public, they will say there is a rift because this is what they want to see.
- This country stands out like a sore thumb trying to impose its European values in Asia as if the good old days when people can shoot aborigines without caring about human rights.
- on Australia and its perceived political interference in Southeast Asia.
- To be known you have to be a little bit nasty. In any case, I'm nasty only toward governments. I'm not nasty towards business people.
- As quoted by The Financial Review, 19 November 1993.
- When one is short, one should stand on a box to get a better view. The Twin Towers is to our ego [sic] what the box is to the shorties.
On Mahathir bin Mohamad
- He has no close friends that I know of.