(Redirected from Marital infidelity)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Adultery is sexual infidelity to one's spouse.
- You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Jesus, in Matthew 5:27–28 (NIV)
- Adultery is a meanness and a stealing, a taking away from someone what should be theirs, a great selfishness, and surrounded and guarded by lies lest it should be found out. And out of meanness and selfishness and lying flow love and joy and peace beyond anything that can be imagined.
- Adultery is the application of democracy to love.
- H. L. Mencken in A Mencken Chrestomathy (1949).
- The Bible identifies 15 crimes against the family worthy of the death penalty. Abortion is treason against the family and deserves the death penalty. Adultery is treason to the family; adulterers should be put to death. Homosexuality is treason to the family, and it too, is worthy of death.