made a deal with the devil
, how dumb
could you be? ~ God
Oh, God! You Devil (1984) is a comedy film and the third and final installment in the Oh, God! series. George Burns received a Saturn Award nomination for Best Actor for his performance.
He meets his match in one hot comedy. (taglines)
- Written by Andrew Bergman, based on the novel of the same title by Avery Corman, directed by Paul Bogart.
Sign this and the whole world
is yours. ~ Harry O. Tophet
- I love to scare the hell out of people.
- That old black magic has me in its spell
That old black magic that I weave so well
Those icy fingers up and down your spine
The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine
- Sorry, pal, he asked for me. That's the rules. He asked for me; he's mine. And none of your tricks, either.
- It's the little things I enjoy.
- I keep my name out of the papers. I'm more effective that way.
- A deal is a deal. It's finished.
- Sign this, Bobby, and they'll stop laughing. Sign this and the whole world is yours.
- People think, because I'm the devil, I'm insensitive. That's not true.
- Listen, if I didn't exist, God would've had to make me up. I make him look good.
- Would I lie?
Pretty nice, huh? I made it
myself. ~ God
- Gary Frantz: Should I speak louder?
- Harry O. Tophet: Not unless you can't hear what you're saying.
- Gary Frantz: Wait a minute. Who are you? [Tophet turns around, lights a cigar using his thumb] My God!
- Harry O. Tophet: Guess again.
You want anything, I'm at 666. ~ Harry O. Tophet
- Gary Frantz: But I thought this was a trial period; that's what you said.
- Harry O. Tophet: I lied. [begins exiting] You want anything, I'm at 666.
- Gary Frantz: The rainbow disappeared.
- God: I'm trying to save on energy.
- Harry O. Tophet: You know, I don't have to do this. Shelton came to me; I didn't go to him. Rules are rules. You're out of it.
- God: But you lied to him. You told him it was for trial period. Is that according to the rules?
- Harry O. Tophet: Technicalities!
- God: You don't have clear title to this boy.
- Harry O. Tophet: Neither do you.
- God: Looks like we're in a grey area here, doesn't it?
I put the fear
in you. ~ God
- Harry O. Tophet: You bluffed. You had nothing. Why did I fold!?
- God: I put the fear of me in you.
- He meets his match in one hot comedy.
- That's funny, they both look like George Burns.