Oh, God! You Devil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
He meets his match in one hot comedy. (taglines)
- Written by Andrew Bergman, based on the novel of the same title by Avery Corman, directed by Paul Bogart.
- I love to scare the hell out of people.
- That old black magic has me in its spell
That old black magic that I weave so well
Those icy fingers up and down your spine
The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine
- Sorry, pal, he asked for me. That's the rules. He asked for me; he's mine. And none of your tricks, either.
- It's the little things I enjoy.
- I keep my name out of the papers. I'm more effective that way.
- A deal is a deal. It's finished.
- Sign this, Bobby, and they'll stop laughing. Sign this and the whole world is yours.
- People think, because I'm the devil, I'm insensitive. That's not true.
- Listen, if I didn't exist, God would've had to make me up. I make him look good.
- Would I lie?
- I'd sell my soul to the devil to make it in this business, just for the chance.
- I've just never seen wine with an expiration date before.
- Where am I? Who am I? If I'm not me anymore, why do I still think I'm me? That's the part I can't understand.
- Pretty nice, huh? I made it myself.
- You made a deal with the devil, how dumb could you be?
- You don't get to be as old as I am unless you can roll with the punches.
- He's always wanted to look like me, talk like me, be like me, but I'm God.
- Gary Frantz: Wait a minute. Who are you? [Tophet turns around, lights a cigar using his thumb] My God!
- Harry O. Tophet: Guess again.
- Gary Frantz: But I thought this was a trial period; that's what you said.
- Harry O. Tophet: I lied. [begins exiting] You want anything, I'm at 666.
- Harry O. Tophet: You know, I don't have to do this. Shelton came to me; I didn't go to him. Rules are rules. You're out of it.
- God: But you lied to him. You told him it was for trial period. Is that according to the rules?
- Harry O. Tophet: Technicalities!
- God: You don't have clear title to this boy.
- Harry O. Tophet: Neither do you.
- God: Looks like we're in a grey area here, doesn't it?
- He meets his match in one hot comedy.
- That's funny, they both look like George Burns.
- George Burns — God
- George Burns — Harry O. Tophet
- Ted Wass — Bobby Shelton
- Ron Silver — Gary Frantz
- Roxanne Hart — Wendy Shelton
- Eugene Roche — Charlie Gray
- Janet Brandt — Mrs. K
- Robert Desiderio — Billy Wayne
- John Doolittle — Arthur Shelton
- Julie Lloyd — Bea Shelton
- Belita Moreno — Mrs. Vega
- Jason Wingreen — Hotel manager
- Susan Peretz — Louise
- Robert Picardo — Joe Ortiz
- Arthur Malet — Houseman
- James Cromwell — Priest
- Arnold Johnson — Preacher
- Brandy Gold — Bobby's daughter
- Lois Wilde — Casino patron (uncredited)