Jump to navigation Jump to search
- My background is laden with natural resources and forestry. I am originally from western Wyoming and I have lived in the forest. My dad is a geologist. Natural resources and how we interact with, utilize and benefit from them is going to be a big issue for me.
- On his background and priorities, as quoted in Thomas Giacobbi (11 March 2011), "An interview with Congressman and dentist Paul Gosar", Dental Town .
- If the Pope stuck to standard Christian theology, I would be the first in line. If the Pope spoke out with moral authority against violent Islam, I would be there cheering him on. If the Pope urged the Western nations to rescue persecuted Christians in the Middle East, I would back him wholeheartedly. But when the Pope chooses to act and talk like a leftist politician, then he can expect to be treated like one.
- On his protest of Pope Francis speaking to Congress, as quoted in Paul Gosar (17 September 2015), "Why I Am Boycotting Pope Francis’ Address to Congress", Townhall .
- Immigration is a complex piece of legislation. It encumbers so many different pieces, you have to share each of these pieces. You have to take them one at a time. You can't just put a comprehensive bill forward because everybody knows in America, when you put comprehensive behind anything, there is crap. It's a crap sandwich.
- Is there an ability to have these DACA, or these folks who came in as children, to stay here but not with citizenship? Maybe that’s where I’m at is that I don’t want to give a special denotation for these people.
- During an appearence on C-SPAN, as quoted in Daniel Gonzalez; Ronald J. Hansen (7 June 2018), "Rep. Paul Gosar: Comprehensive immigration reform is a 'crap sandwich'", The Arizona Republic .
- I object to the suppression of the truth. I think the injustice of not being able to bring light to the situation dissolves all equitable application of the rule of law.
- Appealing for Tommy Robinson on Twitter, as quoted in Ronald J. Hansen (19 July 2018), "Paul Gosar takes up for U.K. anti-Muslim activist, is accused of aiding a bigot", The Arizona Republic .
- I’d rather die gloriously in battle than from a virus. In a way it doesn’t matter. But it kinda does.
- Opining on Twitter, as quoted in J.D. Simkins (9 March 2020), "Congressman, a former dentist, says he’d ‘rather die gloriously in battle than from’ coronavirus", Military Times .
- The America First agenda is just in its infancy. There are 75 million of us, also. Did you know some Japanese soldiers kept fighting for decades after the war?
- On contesting the 2020 U.S. presidential election, as quoted in Lindsey Ellefson (24 November 2020), "GOP Congressman Suggests Trump Voters Mimic Post-WWII Japanese Soldiers Who ‘Kept Fighting for Decades’", The Wrap .
- The unemployment benefit is fine, it would be nice if it was not there at all, but the situation that we've created for businesses, we owe it to them because it's like a takings.
- On the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, as quoted in April Hettinger (22 December 2020), "Local congressmen weigh in on COVID relief package", KYMA-DT .