Sahih Muslim (Arabic: صحيح مسلم , Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim; full title: Al-Musnadu Al-Sahihu bi Naklil Adli) is one of the Kutub al-Sittah (six major hadith collections) in Sunni Islam. It is highly acclaimed by Sunni Muslims as well as Zaidi Shia Muslims. It is considered the second most authentic hadith collection after Sahih al-Bukhari. It was collected by Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj, also known as Imam Muslim.
|This religion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- “He who amongst the community of Jews and Christians hears about me, but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent and dies in this state of disbelief, he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire” (284).
- “There would come people amongst the Muslim on the Day of Resurrection with as heavy sins as a mountain, and Allah would forgive them and he would place in their stead the Jews and the Christians,” (6668)
- “Do not wear silk, for one who wears it in the world will not wear it in the Hereafter” (5150).
- “The Jews and Christians do not dye their hair, so oppose them” (5245).
- “Allah has cursed those women who tattooed and who have themselves been tattooed, those who pluck hair from their faces and those who make spaces between their teeth for beautification changing what God has created” (5301).
- “An ant had bitten a prophet . . . he ordered that the colony of the ants should be burnt. And Allah revealed to him: Because of an ant’s bite you have burnt a community from amongst the communities which sing My praise” (5567).
- “He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of a swine.” (5612).
- “Women who would be dressed but appear to be naked will not enter paradise” (5310).