Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alphabetized by author or specified source
- Ugh, he spooned me
- Random guard, after being hit in the stomach with a ladle in Aladdin
- High diddle diddle,
The Cat and the Fiddle,
The Cow jump'd over the Moon,
The little dog laugh'd to see such Craft,
And the Dish ran away with the Spoon.
- Anonymous nursery rhyme, "Hi Diddle Diddle" in Mother Goose's Melody (c. 1765)
- Variant: Hey diddle diddle,
The cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon,
The little dog laughed to see such sport,
And the fork ran away with the Spoon
- The Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes (1951) edited by Opie and P. Opie
- Better take her to the White Queen, she'll be safe there. Spoon.
- She came in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon.
- Do you know that's the third spoon I've heard drop this month?
- Algy Longworth, in Bulldog Drummond
- And the cat's in the cradle with the silver spoon,
Little Boy Blue, and the Man in the Moon
When you coming home Dad?
I don't know when — we'll get together then, Son,
You know we'll have a good time then.
- Check it out, Guys. I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection... if it weren't for my spoons, I'd probably go insane.
- You there! What the hell is this?
- Father Jack, in Father Ted
- You spoony bard!
- Tellah, in Final Fantasy IV
- A man that's fond precociously of stirring,
Must be a spoon.
- Thomas Hood, Morning Meditations (1839), St. 10
- Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. I did an original sin. I poked a badger with a spoon.
- They dined on mince, and slices of quince, Which they ate with a runcible spoon; And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, They danced by the light of the moon.
- The Dolomphious Duck,
who caught Spotted Frogs for her dinner
with a Runcible Spoon
- Edward Lear, in Twenty-Six Nonsense Rhymes and Pictures
- We found this spoon sir.
- Sergeant, in Life of Brian
- Mike Wazowski: I think I have a plan here: using mainly spoons, we dig a tunnel under the city and release it into the wild.
James P. Sullivan: … Spoons.
- Dialogue from Monsters Inc.
- Sheriff of Nottingham: Locksley! I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon.
Guy of Gisbourne: Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?
Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's dull, you twit! It'll hurt more.
- Dialogue in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- Just when I thought things couldn't get any better... he spooned me.
- Carrie, Sex and the City
- Marry, he must have a long spoon that must eat with the devil.
- That tall drink of water with the silver spoon up his ass.
- Red, in The Shawshank Redemption
- Australian: "You call that a knife? This is a knife!"
Bart Simpson: "That's not a knife; that's a spoon."
Australian: Alright, alright, you win. I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
- The Simpsons This should have an episode citation added.
- Battle cry of The Tick
- I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth
- Substitute, The Who
- There is no spoon.
- They'll eat their words with a fork and spoon, and watch 'em!
They'll hit the road and all be surfin' soon.
- The spoon came alive with spoon-ness and the ball with ball-ness and the block with block-ness, and the girl laughed.