Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (also known as Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi) is a 2017 American epic space opera film written and directed by Rian Johnson. It is the second film in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, following Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015).
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The FIRST ORDER reigns. Having decimated the peaceful Republic, Supreme Leader Snoke now deploys the merciless legions to seize military control of the galaxy.
Only General Leia Organa's band of RESISTANCE fighters stand against the rising tyranny, certain that Jedi Master Luke Skywalker will return and restore a spark of hope to the fight.
But the Resistance has been exposed. As the First Order speeds toward the rebel base, the brave heroes mount a desperate escape....
- I've seen this raw strength only once before, with Ben Solo. It didn't scare me enough then. It does now.
- [from trailer] I only know one truth. It's time for the Jedi...to end.
- This is not going to go the way you think.
- The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi.
General Leia Organa
- Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it, you'll never make it through the night.
- Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be.
- Something inside me has always been there. But now, it's awake. And I need help.
- The galaxy may need a legend. I need someone... to show me my place in all of this.
- I thought I'd find answers here. I was wrong. I've never felt so alone.
- I was raised to fight. For the first time, I have something to fight for.
- [to Captain Phasma; during their fight] Let's go, chrome dome.
- We are the spark that'll light the fire that'll burn the First Order down.
- FN-2187. So good to have you back.
- [to DJ, revealing him as a traitor] Your ship and payment, as we agreed.
- Execution by blaster is too good for them. Let's make this hurt.
- [to her Stormtroopers, about to kill Finn and Rose] On my command. Execute.
- [about to kill Finn] Traitor!
- You are a bug in the system.
- [to Finn; last words] You were always scum.
- BB-8: [beeping] (I've got a bad feeling about this.)
- Poe: Happy beeps here, buddy, come on. We've pulled crazier stunts than this.
- Leia: Just for the record, Commander Dameron. I'm with the droid on this one.
- Poe: Than you for your support, General. [to himself] Happy beeps. [turns on com] Attention! This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet. I have an urgent communique for General Hugs.
- Hux: This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender—
- Poe: Hi, I'm holding for General Hugs.
- Hux: This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy!
- Poe: [pauses] Okay, I'll hold.
- Hux: Hello?
- Poe: Hello? Yup, I'm still here.
- Hux: Can you— can he hear me?
- Poe: Hugs?
- Captain Canady: He can.
- Poe: With an 'H'? Skinny guy? Kinda pasty?
- Hux: [becoming increasingly annoyed] I can hear you. Can you hear me?
- Poe: Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him...
- Canady: I believe he's tooling with you, sir.
- Poe: ...about his mother.
- Hux: [enraged] OPEN FIRE!!
- Luke: Where are you from?
- Rey: Nowhere.
- Luke: No one's from nowhere.
- Rey: Jakku.
- Luke: Alright, that is pretty much nowhere. Why are you here, Rey from nowhere?
- Rey: The Resistance sent me. The First Order has become unstoppable–
- Luke: Why are you here?
- Rey: Something inside me has always been there…but now it's awake, and I'm afraid. I don't know what it is, or what to do with it, but I need help.
- Luke: You need a teacher. I can't teach you.
- Rey: Why not? I've seen your daily routine. You are not busy.
- Luke: I will never train another generation of Jedi. I came to this island to die. It's time for the Jedi...to end.
- Luke: What do you know about the Force?
- Rey: It's a power that Jedi have that lets them control people…and make things float.
- Luke: Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
- Luke: Breathe. Reach out with your feelings. What do you see?
- Rey: The island. Life. Death and decay, that feeds new life. Warmth. Cold. Peace. Violence.
- Luke: And between it all?
- Rey: Balance and energy. A force.
- Luke: And inside you?
- Rey: Inside me, that same force.
- Luke: And this is the lesson that Force does not belong to the Jedi. To say that if the Jedi die, the light dies, is vanity. Can you feel that?
- [Luke notices Rey with Ren as they are touching hands]
- Luke: [yells] STOP!!!
- [Luke Force pushes the hut apart; Ben vanishes, and Rey turns toward Luke]
- Rey: Is it true? Did you try to murder him?!
- Luke: Leave this island, now!
- [Luke storms off into the rain, but Rey follows]
- Rey: Stop! STOP! [Rey hits him in the back of the head with her quarterstaff, knocking him down] Did you do it?! Did you create Kylo Ren?!
- [The two proceed to fight each other along the cliffside until Rey gets the upper hand, forcing Luke into submission with Skywalker's lightsaber]
- Luke: Now that they’re extinct, the Jedi are romanticized, deified. But if you strip away the myth and look at their deeds, the legacy of the Jedi is failure. Hypocrisy, hubris.
- Rey: That's not true!
- Luke: At the height of their powers, they allowed Darth Sidious to rise, create the Empire, and wipe them out. It was a Jedi Master who was responsible for the training and creation of Darth Vader.
- Luke: So it is time for the Jedi Order to end?
- Yoda: Time it is…hmm, for you to look past a pile of old books, hmm?
- Luke: The sacred Jedi texts!
- Yoda: Oh? Read them, have you?
- Luke: Well, I…
- Yoda: Page-turners they were not. Yes, yes, yes. Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess. Ah, Skywalker... still looking to the horizon. The need in front of your nose!
- Luke: I was weak. Unwise.
- Yoda: Lost Ben Solo, you did. Lose Rey, you must not.
- Luke: I can't be what she needs me to be!
- Yoda: Heeded my words not, did you? Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery, hmm…but weakness, folly, failure also. Yes: failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters.
- Snoke: [Rey's restrains are undone] Come closer, child. So much strength. Darkness rises, and light to meet it. I warned my young apprentice that as he grew stronger, his equal in the light would rise. [uses the Force to take Rey's lightsaber] Skywalker... [laughs] I assumed. Robbery. Closer, I said. [uses the Force to slowly move Rey toward him] You underestimate Skywalker and Ben Solo and me. It will be your downfall. Oh. Have you seen something? A weakness... in my apprentice... is that why you came? [laughs] Young fool. It was I who bridged your minds. I stopped Ren's conflicted soul. I knew he was not strong enough to hide it from you, and you were not wise enough to resist the paint. [moves Rey closer and looks face to face with her] Now... you will give me Skywalker, then I will kill you with the cruelest stroke.
- Rey: No.
- Snoke: Yes. [forces Rey into the air] Give... me... everything.
- [Rey screams in agony]
- Snoke: [Rey uses the force to take Ren's lightsaber] Oh, still that fiery spit of hope! You have the spirit of a true Jedi! [Rey charges at Snoke with Ren's lightsaber. Snoke picks Rey up with the Force and she lands in front of Ren. His lightsaber spins around and stops in front of him] And because of that, you must die. [uses the force and turns Rey toward Ren] My worthy apprentice, son of darkness, heir apparent to Lord Vader, where there was conflict I now sense resolved, where there was weakness, strength. Complete your training and fulfill your destiny.
- [Ren picks up his lightsaber]
- Ren: I know what I have to do.
- Rey: Ben...
- Snoke: You think you can turn him? Pathetic child... I cannot be betrayed; I cannot be beaten. I see his mind... I see his every intent. Yes! I see him turning the lightsaber to strike true! [without Snoke knowing, Ren uses the Force to face Rey's lightsaber toward him] And now, foolish child, he ignites it and kills his true enemy!
- [Rey's lightsaber ignites and Snoke is cut in half at the waist]
- Ren: It's time to let old things die. Snoke, Skywalker, the Sith, the Jedi, the Rebels; let it all die. Rey... I want you to join me. We can rule together and bring a new order to the galaxy!
- Rey: [Starting to tear up] Don't do this, Ben. Please don't go this way.
- Ren: No, no, you're still...holding on! Let go! Do you want to know the truth about your parents, or have you always known? You've just hidden it away. You know the truth. Say it. [Rey continues to tear up] Say it.
- Rey: [Tearfully] They were nobody.
- Ren: They were filthy junk traders; sold you for drinking money. They're dead in a pauper's grave in the Jakku desert. You have no place in this story; you come from nothing. You're nothing… but not to me. Join me. [He extends his hand towards Rey] Please.
- [General Hux finds Kylo Ren lying unconscious on Snoke's throne room floor amid the wreckage following the battle with Rey and the Praetorian guards. He reaches for his blaster pistol, but instantly recoils once he sees Ren come to]
- Hux: What... happened?
- Ren: The girl murdered Snoke. [Surveys the room] What happened?
- Hux: She took Snoke's escape craft.
- Ren: We know where she's going. Get all our forces down to that Resistance base; let's finish this.
- Hux: "Finish this"? Who do you think you're talking to? You presume to command my army?! Our Supreme Leader is dead! We have no ruler!
- [Kylo Ren starts to Force choke Hux, bringing him to his knees]
- Ren: [angrily] The Supreme Leader... is dead.
- Hux: [Choking] Long live the Supreme Leader.
- Captain Phasma: [contemptuous] You were always scum.
- Finn: [proudly] Rebel scum.
- [Rey and Chewbacca arrive in the Millennium Falcon to help the Rebel speeders]
- Ren: [in rage] Blow that piece of junk OUT OF THE SKY!!!
- Hux: All fighters!
- [All of the TIE Fighters follow the Millennium Falcon]
- Poe: She threw them off! All of them!
- Finn: Oh, they hate that ship!
- Ren: Did you come back to say you forgive me? To save my soul?
- Luke: No.
- [The two draw their lightsabers; Kylo Ren charges at Luke, who blocks and dodges each blow as he returns to a ready stance]
- Luke: I failed you, Ben. I'm sorry.
- Ren: I'm sure you are! The Resistance is dead! The war is over! And when I kill you, I will have killed the last Jedi!
- Luke: Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi.
- Ren: I will destroy her. And you. And all of it!
- Luke: [extinguishes his lightsaber] No. Strike me down in anger and I will always be with you...just like your father.
- Luke: [last words] See you around, kid.
- [Luke's Force hologram vanishes]
- Ren: NOOOO!!!
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker
- Carrie Fisher - General Leia Organa
- Adam Driver - Kylo Ren
- Daisy Ridley - Rey
- John Boyega - Finn
- Oscar Isaac - Poe Dameron
- Andy Serkis - Supreme Leader Snoke
- Lupita Nyong'o - Maz Kanata
- Domhnall Gleeson - General Hux
- Anthony Daniels - C-3PO
- Gwendoline Christie - Captain Phasma
- Kellie Marie Tran - Rose Tico
- Laura Dern - Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo
- Benicio del Toro - DJ
- Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca
- Frank Oz - Yoda (voice)
The Phantom Menace (1999) · Attack of the Clones (2002) · Revenge of the Sith (2005)
The Force Awakens (2015) · The Last Jedi (2017)