Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The American Dream is what seperates our lives from reality. The American Dream for men is nothing more than to have lots of money, to have a terrific woman to marry and live with for the rest of their lives, and to carry out their childhood dream. The American Dream for women is that they would have a good husband, a child or two, a good education, a good job,and a good house to live in.
- We believe that what matters most is not narrow appeals masquerading as values, but the shared values that show the true face of America; not narrow values that divide us, but the shared values that unite us: family, faith, hard work, opportunity and responsibility for all, so that every child, every adult, every parent, every worker in America has an equal shot at living up to their God-given potential. That is the American dream and the American value.
- Senator John Kerry
- Success is somebody else's failure. Success is the American Dream we can keep dreaming because most people in most places, including thirty million of ourselves, live wide awake in the terrible reality of poverty.
- There are those, I know, who will reply that the liberation of humanity, the freedom of man and mind, is nothing but a dream. They are right, It is. It is the American dream.
- Archibald MacLeish, debating "national purpose" in 1960.
- We British, we don't have a dream, do we? No, it's because we're wide-awake!
- Al Murray as his character, the Pub Landlord