The Walking Dead (season 3)
The Walking Dead (2010-) is an American post-apocalyptic horror television series developed for television by Frank Darabont and based on the ongoing comic book series, The Walking Dead, by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard.
- Lori Grimes: The baby is about to be here and we need to talk-
- Rick Grimes: About what?
- Lori Grimes: Things. We've been avoiding them-
- Rick Grimes: You want to talk? Talk to Hershel. I'm doing stuff, Lori. Thangs.
- Tomas: It was coming at me, bro.
- Rick Grimes: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I get it. Shit happens.
- [Rick kills Tomas]
- Axel: I like my pharmaceuticals, but I'm no killer.
- Oscar: I ain't never pleaded for my life. And I ain't about to start now.
Walk with Me [3.03]
- Merle Dixon: Now, how's about a big hug for your old pal Merle?
- Merle Dixon: I plucked you and your mute here out of the dirt, blondie. Saved your asses. How about a thank you?
- Michonne: You had a gun on us.
- Merle Dixon: Ooh, she speaks. Who ain't had a gun on 'em in the past year, huh? Show of hands, y'all. Anybody? Hmm? Shumpert, Crowley. Y'all had a gun on y'all? Hell I think I'd piss my pants if some stranger come walking up with his mitts in his pockets. That'd be the son of a bitch you'd really want to be scared of.
- The Governor: Welcome to Woodbury!
- Andrea: So what's your real name? If it's not asking too much.
- The Governor: I never tell.
- Andrea: Never say never.
- The Governor: [beat] Never.
Killer Within [3.04]
- Lori Grimes: [to Carl] You are going to beat this world, I know you will. You are smart, and you are strong, and you are so brave, and I love you. You gotta do what's right. It's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. So, so, if it feels wrong don't do it, alright? If it feels easy don't do it, don't let this world spoil you. You're so good, my sweet boy. Best thing I ever did and I love you, I love you. My sweet, sweet, boy I love you.
Say the Word [3.05]
- Merle Dixon: Look at this. She sent us a biter-gram, y'all.
- Daryl Dixon: You know, my mom, she liked her wine. She liked to smoke in bed. Virginia Slims. I was playing out with the kids in the neighborhood. I could do that with Merle gone. They had bikes, I didn't. We heard sirens getting louder. They jumped on their bikes, ran after it, you know, hoping to see something worth seeing. I ran after them, but I couldn't keep up. I ran around a corner and saw my friends looking at me. Hell, I saw everybody looking at me. Fire trucks everywhere. People from the neighborhood. It was my house they were there for. It was my mom in bed burnt down to nothing. That was the hard part. You know, she was just gone. Erased. Nothing left of her. People said it was better that way. I don't know. Just made it seem like it wasn't real, you know?
- Carl Grimes: I shot my mom. She was out. Hadn't turned yet. I ended it. It was real. I'm sorry about your mom.
- Daryl Dixon: I'm sorry about yours.
Made to Suffer [3.08]
- The Governor: What happened tonight is horrible. We haven't have a day like that since the wall was built. I failed in my duty. I should say that we're going be OK, and we're safe we will bury our dead tomorrow and watch TV on the sofa. But I won't. Because I can't. Cause I'm afraid. I'm afraid that the terrorists want what we have! They want to destroy us! And worst. Because one of those terrorists is one of our own. Merle! The man I counted on! Man I trusted. He brought them here! He let them in. How could you! You lied! He betrayed us all! This is one of the terrorists huh. Merle's own brother! So what should we do with them, huh?
- Woodbury Crowd: Kill them!!!
- The Governor: What? What do you want?
- Woodbury Crowd: Kill them!!!
- The Governor: You wanted your brother. Now you got him.
The Suicide King [3.09]
- The Governor: When I asked you where your loyalty was you said it was here. Well prove it. Prove it to us all. Brother against brother. The winner goes free. A fight, to the death!
- Merle Dixon: The shit you doing, pointing that thing at me?
- Daryl Dixon: They were scared, man.
- Merle Dixon: They were rude is what they were. Rude and they owed us a token of gratitude.
- Daryl Dixon: They didn't owe us nothing.
- Merle Dixon: You helping people out of the goodness of your heart? Even though you might die doing it? Is that something
your Sheriff Rick taught you?
- Daryl Dixon: There was a baby!
- Merle Dixon: Oh, otherwise you would have just left them to the biters, then?
- Daryl Dixon: Man, I went back for you. You weren't there. I didn't cut off your hand, neither. You did that. Way before they locked you up on that roof. You asked for it.
- Merle Dixon: You know what's funny to me? You and Sheriff Rick are like this now. Right? I bet you a penny and a fiddle of gold that you never told him that we were planning on robbing that camp blind.
- Daryl Dixon: It didn't happen.
- Merle Dixon: Yeah, it didn't, 'cause I wasn't there to help you.
- Daryl Dixon: What, like when we were kids, huh? Who left who then?
- Merle Dixon: What?! Huh?! Is that why I lost my hand?!
- Daryl Dixon: You lost your hand 'cause you're a simple-minded piece of shit!
- Merle Dixon: Yeah? You don't know!
[Daryl's shirt rips open, Merle looks horrified, Daryl's back is covered with scars from years of childhood abuse]
- Merle Dixon: I... I didn't know he was...
- Daryl Dixon: Yeah, he did.
[Daryl tries to hastily cover up his back with the torn pieces of his shirt and his knapsack]
- Daryl Dixon: He did the same to you. That's why you left first.
- Merle Dixon: I had to, man. I would have killed him otherwise. Where you going?
- Daryl Dixon: Back where I belong.
- Merle Dixon: I can't go with you. I... I tried to kill that black bitch. Damn nearly killed that Chinese kid.
- Daryl Dixon: He's Korean.
- Merle Dixon: Whatever. Doesn't matter man. I just can't go with you.
- Daryl Dixon [to Merle]: You know, I might be the one walking away, but you're the one who's leaving. Again.
I Ain't Judas [3.11]
- Merle Dixon: You're the farmer, Hershel.
- Hershel Greene: And you're the black sheep, Merle.
Arrow on the Doorpost [3.13]
- The Governor: I thought you were a cop, not a lawyer.
- Rick Grimes: Either way, I don't pretend to be a governor.
- Michonne: [in reference to her Walker "pets"] They deserve what they got. They weren't human to begin with.
This Sorrowful Life [3.15]
- Merle Dixon: [to Rick] You know something? You're right. I don't know why I do the things I do. Never did. I'm a damn mystery to me.
- Merle Dixon: Maybe these people need somebody like me around, huh? Do their dirty work. The bad guy.
- Merle Dixon: You got to play the hand you're dealt. I only got one.
- Michonne: You talk about the weight of what you have to do, how you can handle it. A bad man, someone truly evil? They're light as a feather. They don't feel a thing.
- Michonne: The truth is this could have been your shot. With your skills, a whole new beginning. But you choose to stay on the outside. No one's gonna mourn you, not even Daryl. He's got a new family.
- Merle Dixon: You keep trying to get under my skin, I'm gonna cut that tongue out. Your buddy's turning you over 'cause he's trying to save his own ass. You're as much on the outside as I am, girl.
- Michonne: Maybe. But once the Governor's done with me, at least I won't have to live with myself. You said you killed 16 men since this thing started? You ever kill anyone before?
- Merle Dixon: No.
- Michonne: And how about before Woodbury? Before you met him? Huh. So he saves your life, cleans you up, fed you a line of bullshit. Why would you kill somebody else for him? You know, we can go back.
- Merle Dixon: Ain't happening.
- Michonne: Both of us. We can just go back.
- Merle Dixon: I can't go back. Don't you understand that? I can't.
- [The Governor has subdued Merle, and draws his gun]
- Merle Dixon: I ain't gonna beg. I ain't begging you!
- The Governor: No. [shoots Merle]
Welcome to the Tombs [3.16]
- The Governor: [to Milton] I told you to kill her but you didn't. And now you're gonna turn and you're gonna tear away the flesh from her bones. In this life now you kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.