The Walking Dead (season 6)
The Walking Dead (2010-) is an American post-apocalyptic horror television series developed for television by Frank Darabont and based on the ongoing comic book series, The Walking Dead, by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard.
First Time Again [6.01]
- Rick Grimes: I know this sounds insane, but this is an insane world. We have to come for them before they come for us, it's that simple.
- Eugene Porter: [to Heath] I fully respect the hair game.
- Heath: This was supposed to be a dress rehearsal.
- Glenn Rhee: I'm supposed to be delivering pizzas, man.
- Maggie Greene: [to Tara] Glenn saves people. Even people like that. I couldn't accept it either. But then I thought about you. How we were on different sides of that fence on the worst day of my life. And now you're one of the most important people in the world to me. Things can get better. We can make them better.
- Abraham Ford: [to Sasha] Well, look at me. You didn't see Reg the night he got it. That was a mess. And Pete. His face just blowing up like Pompeii right when we were cheek to cheek. I still think I got some of his brains in my ear.
- Morgan Jones: You with that man Carter, in the armory-- that's you. You're still the same man I met in King County. The one that came back and told me it wasn't over. That was you. Same you that's right in front of me right now.
- Rick Grimes: I wanted to kill him. So it would be easier. So I wouldn't have to worry about how he could screw up or what stupid thing he'd do next because that's who he is. Just somebody who shouldn't be alive now. I wanted to kill him. But all that hit me and I realized I didn't have to do it. He doesn't get it. Somebody like that they're gonna die no matter what.
- Carol Peletier: [to Sam] Your dad used to hit you and then he got himself killed. It happened. Now it's done. You live with it or it eats you up. Go home.
- Denise Cloyd: Listen, I'm a little nervous here. I'm a psychiatrist. I went to med school. I was even gonna be a surgeon, but after the panic attacks, I got really interested in psychology. And I think I'm really trying to lower expectations here.
- Morgan Jones: My people have guns. Yours don't. They may be aiming rifles at you right now. Eyes at the scopes. Fingers on the trigger. Boom. It's gonna happen any second now unless you get the hell out of here and you don't ever come back. You keep choosing this life, you will die.
- Wolf: We didn't choose.
- Eugene Porter[to Denise]: You're a doctor.
- Denise Cloyd: Are you?
Here's Not Here [6.04]
Always Accountable [6.06]
Start to Finish [6.08]
No Way Out [6.09]
- Bud: If you have to eat shit, best not to nibble. Bite, chew, swallow, repeat. It goes quicker.
- Glenn Rhee: People you love, they made you who you are. They're still part of you. If you stop being you, that last bit of them that's still around inside, who you are, it's gone.
- Gabriel Stokes: We've been praying together. Praying that God will save our town. Well, our prayers have been answered. God will save Alexandria because God has given us the courage to save it ourselves.
- Rick Grimes: I was wrong. I thought after living behind these walls for so long that maybe they couldn't learn. But today I saw what they could do, what we could do, if we work together. We'll rebuild the walls. We'll expand the walls. There will be more. There's gotta be more. Everything Deanna was talking about is possible. It's all possible. I see that now. When I was out there with them when it was over when I knew we had this place again I had this feeling. It took me a while to remember what it was because I haven't felt it since before I woke up in that hospital bed. I want to show you the new world, Carl. I want to make it a reality for you. Please, Carl let me show you. Plea-- please, son, don't die.
- Abraham Ford: Nibble on that.
The Next World [6.10]
Knots Untie [6.11]
- Brandon Karsh: [to Ze] When you were, uh, pouring the Bisquick, were you trying to make pancakes?
- Brandon Karsh: Good gracious, Ignatius.
- 'Maddy Lewis: We heard the name Negan. A while back, Daryl and Abraham had a run-in with his men. Who is he?
- Paul 'Jesus' Rovia: Negan's the head of a group of people he calls the Saviors. As soon as the walls were built, the Saviors showed up. They met with Gregory on behalf of their boss. They made a lot of demands, even more threats. And he killed one of us-- Rory. He was 16 years old. They beat him to death right in front of us. Said we needed to understand, right off the bat. Gregory's not exactly good at confrontation. He's not the leader I would've chosen, but he helped make this place what it is, and the people like him.
- Amy Carroll: He made the deal.
- Paul 'Jesus' Rovia: Half of everything. Our supplies, our crops, our livestock, it goes to the Saviors.
- Ze Dominguez: And what do you get in return?
- Paul 'Jesus' Rovia: They don't attack this place. They don't kill us.
- Sean Douglas: Why not just kill them?
- Paul 'Jesus' Rovia: Most of the people here don't even know how to fight, even if we had ammo.
- Sean Douglas: Well, how many people does Negan have?
- Paul 'Jesus' Rovia: We don't know. We've seen groups as big as 20.
- Sean Douglas: Now, hold up. So, they show up, they kill a kid, and you give them half of everything? These dicks just got a good story. The bogeyman, he ain't shit.
- Paul 'Jesus' Rovia: Well, how do you know?
- Brandon Karsh: A month ago, we took his guys out PDQ. Left them in pieces and puddles.
- Sean Douglas: You know, we'll do it. If we go get your man back, kill Negan, take out his boys, will you hook us up? We want food, medicine, and one of them cows.
- Maddy Lewis: Confrontation's never been something we've had trouble with.
- Amy Carroll: You give us supplies, we'll save Craig and take care of Negan and the Saviors, permanently.
- Gregory: I'm sorry, I find this whole conversation pretty funny. I mean, you balked when I proposed that your people work for our supplies, but now isn't that exactly what's happening here? See, I had leverage and I used it. See? It wasn't personal.
- Amy Carroll: Yes. We need food. You have it. We're willing to work for it.
- Gregory: Then I'll get supplies for your people.
- Amy Carroll: Good.
- Gregory: I'll talk to Jesus and he'll make the arrangements. See, this was fun. Exciting.
- Amy Carroll: Half.
- Gregory: Excuse me?
- Amy Carroll: Half of what you have. I saw what happened out there. Negan's expecting more supplies from this place. And more and more. And if it keeps going like that, pretty soon you won't have anything left. What happens then? Without ammo, without fighters you'd be a dead man. So half of everything you have right now or the deal's off. You see? I have leverage.
Not Tomorrow Yet [6.12]
The Same Boat [6.13]
- Paula: You're some kind of stupid, getting knocked up at a time like this. You think that's funny?
- Maggie Greene: When was it ever smart to get knocked up? Women used to just die in childbirth. And they always thought the world was gonna end. Living through it, why would you just give up?
- Paula: But are you gonna live through it? Anyway, that's cute. Babies are the point. Children are our future. Making bite-size snacks for the dead. The point is to stay standing.
- Maggie Greene: No. Walkers do that. I'm choosing something.
- Molly: Y'all are worse than a bunch of evangelical second graders.
- Paula: I was a secretary before. I fetched coffee for my boss and made him feel good about himself. I spent most of my days reading stupid inspirational e-mails to try and feel good about myself. There was this one that kept going around. A young woman was having a hard time and told her mom she wanted to give up, so her mom went to the kitchen and started boiling three pots of water. She put a carrot in one, an egg in another, and ground coffee beans in the last one. After they had boiled a while, her mom said, "Look, all three things went through the same boiling water. The carrot went in strong and came out soft. The egg was fragile and came out hard. But the coffee beans changed the water itself." You're supposed to want to be the coffee beans. See, to me, coffee was just a thing that my boss would drink up. No matter how many times I refilled his damn cup, it was just never enough. I was at work when the Army took over DC. We weren't allowed to leave. They had to evacuate all the important people first-- members of Congress, government employees. So I was stuck with my boss. Not my family-- my husband, my four girls. My boss was weak and stupid and he was going to die and he was going to take me down, too. He was the first person I killed so that I could live. I stopped counting when I hit double digits. That's right around the time I stopped feeling bad about it. I am not like you. I'm still me, but better. I lost everything and it made me stronger.
- Carol Peletier: You sure about that?
- Paula: I'm alive.
- Carol Peletier: With those people, those killers.
- Paula: Your people are killers, Carol. That makes you a killer.
- Carol Peletier: You-- you're the one.
- Paula: Excuse me?
- Carol Peletier: You're the one who's afraid to die. And you're going to. You will die. It's what's gonna happen if you don't work this out.
- Paula: Are you going to kill me?
- Carol Peletier: I hope not.
Twice as Far [6.14]
Last Day on Earth [6.16]
- Rick Grimes: You wanna make today your last day on Earth?
- Simon: No. But that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last day on Earth for you? Or someone you love? What if that's true? Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV. 'Cause you never know... [snaps fingers] Just like that. Be kind to each other. Like you said. Like it was your last day on Earth.
- Rick Grimes: You do the same.
- Negan: We pissin' our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close. Yep. Gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon. Which one of you pricks is the leader?
- Simon: [points to Rick] It's this one. He's the guy.
- Negan: [to Rick] Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not cool! You have no idea how not cool that shit is, but I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. [smiles] Yes you are. You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the New World Order, and the New World Order is this, and it's really very simple so even if you're stupid which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here it goes, pay attention. [aims his baseball bat at Rick] Give me your shit... or I will kill you. Today was career day. We invested a lot so you could know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me; that's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty, big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will! You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe. Not even close. In fact, you are pegged. More pegged if you don't do what I want and what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find, or steal more and it'll even out sooner or later. This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone knocks on your door... heh, you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us and we will knock it down. You understand? [holds his ear up to Rick] What? No answer? You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now did you? I don't wanna kill you people. Just wanna make that clear from the get go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them; more than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So now... I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you. [shows Rick his baseball bat] This, this is Lucille. And she is awesome. All this, all this is so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor. [looks at Abraham] Huh. God, I gotta shave this shit. [walks over to Carl] You got one of our guns. Yeah, you got a lot of our guns. Shit kid. Lighten up. Least cry a little. [chuckles; walks over to Maggie] Jesus! You look fucking shitty! Let's just put you out of your misery right now.
- Glenn Rhee: [attemps to stop Negan] No! No!
- [Glenn is violently restrained and held at gunpoint by Dwight]
- Maggie Greene: Stop it!
- Negan: Nope. Nope, get him back in line.
- Glenn Rhee: [dragged back in line] No! No... Don't... don't...
- Negan: [smiles] All right, listen. Don't any of ya do that again. I will shut that shit down, no exceptions. First one's free. It's an emotional moment. [smiles to Glenn] I get it. [to Rick] Sucks, don't it? Moment you realize you don't know shit. [looks at Carl] This is your kid, right? [chuckles] This is definitely your kid.
- Rick Grimes: So stop this!
- Negan: Hey! Do not make me kill the little future serial killer; don't make it easy on me. I gotta pick somebody. Everybody's at the table waiting for me to order. [walks alone the line-up; whistling] I simply cannot decide. I got an idea. [points Lucille at each victim] Eeny. Meeny. Miny. Moe. Catch. A tiger. By. His toe. If. He hollers. Let him go. My mother. Told me. To pick. The Very. Best. One. And you. Are... [makes his choice] It. Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that. [violently strikes his victim over the head] Woah! Look at that! Taking it like a champ. [continues to beat his victim]
- Negan: [to Rick] Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not fuckin' cool! You have no fuckin' idea how not fuckin' cool that shit is, but I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. [smiles] Fuck yeah you are. You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter fuckin' what, you don't mess with the New World Order, and the New World Order is this, and it's really very simple so even if you're fuckin' stupid which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here it goes, pay attention. [aims his baseball bat at Rick] Give me your shit... or I will kill you. Today was career day. We invested a lot so you could know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me; that's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty, big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly motherfuckin' will! You rule the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe. Not even fuckin' close. In fact, you are fucked. More fucked if you don't do what I want and what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find, or steal more and it'll even out sooner or later. This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone comes to your door... you fuckin' let us in. We own that fucking door. You try to fuckin' stop us and we will fuckin' knock that fucker down. You understand? [holds his ear up to Rick] What? No answer? You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now did you? I don't wanna kill you people. Just wanna make that clear from the get go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're fuckin' dead, now can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole fuckin' damn shit load of them; more than I'm comfortable with. And for that, well for that you're gonna fuckin' pay. So now... I'm gonna beat the holy fuck, fucking, fuckety fuck outta one of you.