Violation of Wikiquote policies
0waldo, you may find my attempt to be reasonable and communicative entertaining, but I am just like all of the other "A.K.C.s" in that I try to treat the Wikiquote community members with respect wherenever possible, and encourage everyone to follow its policies. Those few of us who work on WQ on a frequent basis, especially the sysops, all have decent "personalities" and all try hard to maintain a respectful dialog with editors, but there are many editors who simply refuse either to read the policies, listen to helpful suggestions, or show any sign of trying to become a useful member of the community. There's only so much rope we'll give a noncooperative editor to hang themselves before we'll get serious about violations like Wikipedia does. After your repeated demonstrations of ignorance of WQ's practices and policies after being given pointers and suggestions, your rude comments to multiple editors in violation of wiki civility policy, and your attempt to record multiple illegal unsigned Walter Muncaster VfD votes, all without any real attempt to address the basic notability issue raised, I think you've reached the end of your rope. Further edits in violation of WQ policy will result in your being blocked for a short time, the time increasing for every incident.
This is not likely to have any direct bearing on the vote itself (except for your ability to post further comments or change your vote, of course), but since you have already done a masterful job at reinforcing the prevailing sentiment that the article should be deleted, I suggest you start paying attention to our attempts to encourage you to participate usefully and civilly on Wikiquote. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 05:41, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
Jeff, I want to thank you for taking the time to chastise me for participating in illegal voting procedures and ask you forgiveness, humbly. I promis that I will never, ever do it again! :(
KEEP:elwood, KEEP:fanikie, KEEP:tom petty and the heartbreakers, KEEP:Ronald Reagan KEEP:My dead mother, KEEP:My dead grandmother, KEEP:My dead great dane that I love an miss dearly
0waldo 17:40, 5 January 2006 (UTC) DELETE: JEFFQ
GOD! If only I had a decent personality I could at least be world-class-superhero! Oh well, it's flipping more burgers for me. I used to have a great job pumping gas but they all went self serve on me! I miss the part about cleaning the windshields (i before e except after C unless, it a foriegn name ;) ) of the beautiful ladies - if I were only sixteen again, I could start over and things would be different - no more voting fraud for me! 0waldo 18:34, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
1 week block
- OK, that should be enough reason to ban me!!! Seven illegally cast votes all in favor of keeping me none the less! Caught in the act of voting fraud! 0waldo 18:17, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
Your wish is partially granted. I have blocked you for 1 week. We don't usually ban disruptive individuals as a first sanction. I must say that I'm disappointed that you seem to prefer to be vandalistic in your edits in a project designed to allow anyone to contribute to the only quote compendium on the Web that makes an effort to provide sourced, verified quotes. We take this work quite seriously. If you feel compelled to trash it nonetheless, I'm sure you'll eventually get your complete wish. Please consider a more useful tack. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 21:36, 6 January 2006 (UTC)
I'm back :) 0waldo 17:08, 15 January 2006 (UTC)
Jeffer :) Privyet! I added my page back as "walt muncaster" sort of a clean slate if you will ( or won't for that matter ). I was despondent over the deletion of my old page; I even tried to commit Harry Kerri but the rubber commando knife kept bending. Realizing that I could not "take a stab at it" (pardon the despicable pun) I took her to the local magistrate: He promptly gave her a razor, told her to shave and after having her committed, he felt as though he had committed Harry Kerri, or had Kerri then committed her as she shaved and was not Harry henceforth, but Kerri. We all then promptly went out and played a square game of golf with some crooked betters with round balls that knew no better about not being able to bet on round balls at a square game! Anyway!! Hope you like the new page! It is sourced and everything! Clean, procedurally correct, shiny, new and ready to drive :) I remain, for all, the total genius that I am: Munchovie (A.K.A.) Waldo
0waldo 15:41, 17 January 2006 (UTC) !Es un día más un día menos! :) sooooooooooooooo.... ¡partido! mi amigo
P.S.^2 ¡despida al Slimfast, le dará una resaca horrible o por lo menos un sistema libre de boletos al cine rocoso del horror!
Theme with variations
- I keep adding my page with the 'walter muncaster' notable quote that is verified and someone keeps deleting it! Since it's notable, verified sourced, etc., why should it be deleted ? Remember now, go by the rules :)
Your tune is nothing but a theme with variations, I'm afraid. That theme is "trolling", in that you continue to ignore Wikiquote guidelines, despite your claims, and create a lot of work for already overworked editors. I have no reason to believe you will pay attention this time, either, but for the record, I will list the problems:
- You were asked many times to provide verifiable evidence of your notability, which you seem to interpret as "because I said so". The closest you've ever come to actual evidence is claiming to have been quoted in a web-based magazine, without providing any links or specific dates. I looked you up at Computer Graphics World, and found it to require too much registration hassle to browse the information I was looking for. My quick searches there didn't turn up anything that convinced me that you meet our usual notability guidelines. Had you presented even this much information during the VfD, we probably would have had a substantive discussion, like many we've had in the past, about the fine line of notability, although I don't know if the result would have been any different. But because your entire approach was merely to be outraged that we didn't accept your claims at face value, then insult conscientious editors who dared to challenge your unsupported assertions, you made it very clear that you were simply a garden-variety vanity editor.
- Your repeated recreations (under different names) of a quote article that was voted for deletion are a flagrant violation of standard Wikimedia policies, not just Wikiquote. (For our specific policy, which I'm afraid you won't even bother to read, see speedy deletion case #5.) This alone is justification for blocking you, except…
- You have been using a variety of IP addresses to create these dodgy articles, not only suggesting an awareness that you are violating policy by avoiding a direct connection to your user ID, but also demonstrating considerable effort in forcing sysops to block many different IPs to limit your continued policy violations. If you continue this, we may be forced to throw a range block against these addresses (which hurts other users of those networks) and to notify the relevant ISPs that you are using their assets to disrupt a website.
I am not a fan of your tune, having heard other variations on it many times in the past year. You seem to be a very creative person, so I am hoping you will move on to more constructive forms of amusement. Personally, I have far too much to do to spend time chit-chatting with someone who clearly has no interest this project besides self-promotion. Sorry to be so blunt, but want to make my position clear here so that I can stop feeding the trolls, as the common Wiki advice goes. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 04:41, 27 January 2006 (UTC)
I have blocked you again for 1 week because of repeated disruptions, including an attempt to nominate a user for deletion. You continue to show no interest, let alone appreciation, in what this project is about, and your repeated bad-faith edits only reinforce the case for blocking you. If and when you return, if you have a complaint about my actions (or the actions of any sysop), you should bring it up at Wikiquote:Administrators' noticeboard. (I'll warn you, though, that other adminstrators often have less patience than I do for people who show little interest in learning how the project works and how to be an effective Wikiquotian. If you want to be taken seriously, you might considering reading Wikiquote:Policies and guidelines first.) ~ Jeff Q (talk) 04:55, 27 January 2006 (UTC)
It's ALL commie lies about me! youz guys are jes pickin on me :( 126.96.36.199 21:36, 30 January 2006 (UTC)
Plea for WP assistance
- Jeff ! I need you help, they blocked me over at wikipedia for bashing the 3R rule! Please contact user Cburnett and vouch for my Caricature :) 0waldo 03:41, 19 March 2006 (UTC) THANKS PAL - You are i.n.a. GOLDEN shower at the end of the rainbow :)
Walter, I'm afraid you are operating under some misconceptions. First, I am not a good caricature (ha-ha) reference for you. You should recall that I have usually disagreed with your situation assessments and have several times blocked you for violating Wikiquote policies and practices. While I find your non-wiki work interesting and admit that there can occasionally be some rough charm to your discourses, you are far too confrontational and heedless of wiki practices, in my humble opinion, to merit serious attention in your pleas. Second, your postings often suggest a lack of awareness of the issues that people have with your editing. This makes you seem unable to comprehend the reasons why you are being blocked for these actions, which is probably why some of the WP editors are suggesting you have mental difficulties. (I am not a psychiatrist, but I think you just find this activity amusing and are quite aware of why you keep getting blocked.)
One establishes the respect of one's wiki peers by composing neutrally written material, based on verifiable information and preferably backed up with sources, that doesn't serve to promote one's own non-wiki work. I don't see that you will ever regain the assumption of good faith that you have lost until you spend a considerable amount of time and effort making edits that don't patently promote your own work. Since this appears to be your main interest in participating in MediaWiki projects, I, like many others, don't believe it's a good investment of my time to try to get you to change your behavior. But as you obviously know, there are times when the eternal optimist in me can't help trying. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 11:02, 19 March 2006 (UTC)
Jeff, you know, for the record, you are my totally favorite editor/sysop/neo-deity /etc., that hangs around this miserable place! I knew when I put it down my caricature request that you would not help me but I also knew that you would, which is what I like about you – seemingly definitive! I also like your composition skills and your ability to creatively express yourself in letter, and very much your tie-dye T shirt and the whole dimension persona. But I have to tell you, additionally, that you could have to come to the aid of brothers/comrades when they suffer from battle wounds, even if they are not close enough to conveniently pull them from the wrath of the enemy. An example might be: when all the other jack-legged, neo-editors, brainac-wannabe junior-pre-op-editors over at Wiki‘Pedia are pelting Waldo with dirt-clods, old smelly tennis-pumps, blackened avocadoes and the like, I would like to feel the comfort in knowing that you would be there for me (even incognito as an added dimension or preferably a batman outfit) to slip me a large, unused galvanized post 1959 garbage can lid to aid your scoundrel friend! Anyway, enough of this crap shoot: I have successfully obtained my State of California blue handicapped place card, conquered my fear of coming out of the closet concerning my official braindecapped status - I can now fully park in and around the L.A. area for no coins bro! I remain, fully and totally benevolent to the keepers of the free media at large in and around the South Bay area moreover I promise always to appear myself and/or others as applicable to all. 0waldo 18:01, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:16, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
05:40, 19 April 2015 (UTC)