Welcome to Wikiquote, the free compendium of quotations! You don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Wikiquote, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires you to provide no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
- The use of a username of your choice
- The ability to view all your contributions via a "My contributions" link.
- Your own user page
- Your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- The use of your own personal watchlist to which you can add articles that interest you
- The ability to rename pages
- The ability to customize the appearance and behavior of the website
- The eligibility to become an administrator
- The right to be heard in formal votes and elections, and on pages like votes for deletion
Please also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
Click here to create an account.
What exactly are your objections to including increasingly common wikilinks to other developed pages in the quotes, including one linking a mention of Werner Heisenberg in one of the quotes? ~ ♞☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 18:51, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
Please stop adding nonsense to Wikiquote. It is considered vandalism. If you want to experiment, please use the sandbox.
Wikiquote exists for the collecting of notable quotations of famous people and famous works. For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote, and also What Wikiquote is not for a list of common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
When people are not interested in responsibly contributing to the development of the project incidents of their deliberate vandalism can result in their usernames or IP addresses being blocked from editing.
Thank you. Tiptoety talk 19:14, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Note to IP 22.214.171.124 : At this point, I actually am inclined to consider your recent edits the activity of a troll — because similar edits on only a few selected links and formatting have been regularly been removed from that page for some time now, and you do not seem to have any interest in stating any reasons or rationale for your removals. ~ ♞☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 19:20, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
Editor note improperly placed in the Watchmen article:
- My objection is this you nob - we don't need or want embedded wikilinks to pages about 'miracles' or 'jewels'!!!! They are completely irrelevant to this page! Putting them in along with sections of the quotes in bold makes for un unsightly page. It's far more clear and legible without all the nonsense that you add to it so leave it alone.: —This unsigned comment is by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
- Wikis generally exist to provide material on wide ranges of subjects, and it has become increasingly common to provide wiki-links to significant concepts or words within quotes here — and it has long been the common practice to include wikilinks to people mentioned within quotes. ~ ♞☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 19:36, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
This IP address has been temporarily blocked for disruptive editing and incivility. If you wish to make useful contributions, you are welcome to come back after the block expires. ~ Ningauble (talk) 15:26, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's numerical w:IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.