- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Enjoy! --Michaeldsuarez 14:40, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for your post to Village Pump about inappropriate use of images. This has been going on for quite some time with this particular user in question, and it's really great that you brought it up. Most appreciated! ;) Cheers, -- Cirt (talk) 21:25, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
1984 , and Jura
Greetings and blessings
I want to affirm that I have no reason to consider you anything but a responsible and reasonable person, and I am sorry you might have inadvertently become ensnarled in a long standing set of disputes that have occurred between me and Cirt, and a few other people. I believe that I did not get the opportunity to respond to some of your remarks as directly and properly as I might have, because Cirt seized upon the opportunity of your criticism to take such actions as I considered both drastic and extremely improper and belligerent in IMMEDIATELY removing all the instances you cited.
I recognise that you migh be someone far more familiar with such policies as are fully proper and responsible at Wikipedia (as an encyclopedia project), which aims at maintaining neutral points of view in all articles, than those which have long existed here, at Wikiquote, where we gather and present quotations involving MANY points of view, which are not always so easy to categorize and balance as many would like them to be. I am simply now informing you, of something I hope you have begun to realize, that images are often used here in many pages, as they relate to the content or themes of the quotations they are used with, and do not necessarily have to have strong associations with the subject of the page as a whole.
I hope you will not be intimidated by any of the recent occurrences, and will find this project something worthy of attention and work. I give you my sincere blessings, and wish you well, even if we might disagree on some matters. I truly am somewhat sorrowed that I did not attend to your comments directly and in a milder way before Cirt began acting. ~ ♞☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 20:38, 2 February 2012 (UTC) + tweaks