Hello, Sigmundur, and welcome to English Wikiquote.
- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- See also What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
The edits you did to the Publilius Syrus article were to remove an interlinear formatting which has long been standard here, and replacing it with one that is not. Whatever the deficiencies of the current standard are, they are somewhat less than having parentheses around sources at the end of quotes, because some quotes actually include parentheses at their end. ~ Kalki 19:10, 27 October 2009 (UTC)
- *sigh*... well, that format looks more machine than human readable; I really think you should consider having a wikitemplate tag for the sources etc. and then format it more nicely somehow. --Sigmundur 19:42, 5 October 2010 (UTC)