- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Nice to meet you here! :) --Aphaia 05:18, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hehe. Hi. I'm not very active here. Mostly at is.wikiquote. How did you find me? --Steinninn 20:22, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
Thank you for your work on the buttons for MediaWiki:Newarticletext. I imagine you might be feeling a bit frustrated by the delay in action on your reasonable request. I'd just like to let you know that the community in general can be rather slow to respond to such innovations, even as useful as this one seems to be. For most topics, it usually requires at least two or three bold editors to push for a change before it gets implemented. In this case, with a highly visible page that must be changed by an admin, one or more of those folks usually needs to be an admin, and you've happened to pick a moment when a number of admins who have done such changes are on extended breaks.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think that if you are patient but persistent, you may be able to drum up enough interest to make this happen. If and when I resume my more substantive activity, I'll be happy to work with you on this. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 15:02, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the support. I don't feel like going into to much work because of this. For me it seems like a straight forward kind of thing, nothing fancy. I've put this up on a few other wiki's, and it's working great. I'm not very active here, so I can't say that I care a lot about it here. I'm in a rush now, I'll get back to you later this evening. --Steinninn 17:18, 5 November 2007 (UTC)