The Wiki-sisters are three characters designed by Kasuga to represent three of the Wikimedia projects: Wikipe-tan for Wikipedia (all language editions, but often also particularly the Japanese and English editions, as these are the languages Kasuga speaks), Wikiquote-tan for Wikiquote, and Commons-tan for Wikimedia Commons. The other projects have not yet been anthropomorphised by Kasuga or others with any prominence (though the Meta-Wiki has received an anthropomorphic version). Despite the group name, they may not be sisters but merely friends.
In general / as a group
- Wikipe-tan: Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikiquote, Wiktionary, Wikinews ... I have this awkward feeling that something is missing.
- Commons-tan: Wikiporn?
- Wikipe-tan: That's it!
- Wikiquote-tan (addressing Wikipe-tan): It's okay to answer here. Come on, if you don't spit it out I'll put you in a headlock.
- Commons-tan: Um... I've been left out and watching this from the sides, but... Isn't this "bullying"?
- Wikiquote-tan: D-Don't say such silly things!! This isn't bullying, just smothering her with affection, aka "doting"!
- Commons-tan: That's not good either.
- commons:category:いけいけ！百科事典娘 (pages 3 & 4, file annotations)
- Wikipe-tan: I was wondering, why they always draw us in PNG? Vector graphics would be so much better…
- Commons-tan: You've never seriously tried to sketch us with Inkscape, haven't you?
Quotes 'by' Wikipe-tan
- Given: Making Wikipedia has helped administrators. Corollary: Making administrators should help Wikipedia. Therefore: Making me an administrator could help Wikipedia.
- Well, there is no User:Self, so you can't self-block.
- Don't abbreviate as Wiki!
- l heard Watanabe-san was going to make his own visual novel so that we would have some free images to use on Wikipedia! That's the kind of guy who keeps the Internet alive, don't you think?
- I’m our creepy unofficial mascot!
- Wikipedia is awesome! I only have been there for a few days and I love the idea of sharing all the knowledge in the same [place]...
- Welcome, everyone! My name is Wikipe-tan, and I will be your opponent tonight. I look forward to stripping you naked!
- Select screen line
- [player name]! It is such a pleasure to see you here! I am eager to see you strip and possibly masturbate again!
- Select screen line
- Being honest here, I did not actually come to the Inventory to research it. That would go against the NOR policy. I simply came here because of my own sexual curiosity.
- You don’t have to strip if it makes you uncomfortable. But I advise you to not sign up for strip poker games in the future if that’s the case.
- Remember that in order to keep Wikipedia free and available to everyone, we depend on donations. You can donate your clothing if you so desire; every source of income is accepted.
- By removing your clothes in a sexually suggestive or seductive manner, you have technically become what is usually called a “stripper.” So, while you are at it, why not enjoy it?
- Even though I am an avid Wikipedian, I do not speak for Wikipedia as a whole. I would be breaking Shirt58’s Law if I were to do so.
- We all make our contributions, whether it is by adding examples, taking care of the site, or donating money. As long as we all strive for the same goal, we will keep moving forward.
- Written on back of autograph to player
Quotes about Wikipe-tan
- Pedophilic sexualization of a community mascot? No.
- My removal of the sexualized version from commons was in no way an endorsement of the standard versions. I don't like Wikipe-tan and never have. I recognize that some people do, and I'm not particularly agitated about it, but my name should not be invoked in a way that might lead some to believe that I approve. Thanks!
- Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia talk:Wikipe-tan
- How about Wikipe-tan just like OS-tan
- IP user 126.96.36.199 on Metawiki suggesting the name and concept of what eventually became Wikipe-tan
- A faint echo emanates from this magical, perhaps cursed artifact. Wearing it makes you feel knowledgeable, serviceable, and kind of... wanting to donate to a popular, free, online encyclopedia.
- Description of Wikipe-tan’s witch’s hat collectible, Strip Poker Night at the Inventory
Quotes 'by' Wikiquote-tan
- You know, there are often things that we all know but don't know the name of.
Quotes 'by' Commons-tan
- [to Wikipe-tan] You're hopelessly bad at reading the atmosphere, aren't you.
- There are these days... But unfortunaetly [sic] I'm living in the basement.
- Wales, Jimbo (February 7, 2011). I am not a fan. Wikipedia. Retrieved on February 7, 2011.