Wikiquote talk:Vandalism in progress
Scope of vandalism reporting
Are we supposed to report each and every incidence of vandalism? I've only bothered to list them here if they are especially obnoxious repeat offenders, because we can get many incidents in any given week of one-time vandalisms from different IPs. Reporting every one seems like it would fill up the VIP page without any real benefit, and also adds to the complexity of the anti-vandalism work. — Jeff Q (talk) 13:14, 12 July 2005 (UTC)
Sorry for delay, I missed your proposal somehow ;( I don't think all of use need to report all vandalism. In my opinion vandalism which would be reported here are
- all vandalism reported by non-sysop users, when they would like a sysop to pay attention.
- oscinating and therefore attention needed vandalism. Like AP in early days - to grasp his or her edit pattern.
- vandalism a sysop need community voice or he or she would like to the community aware in advance, like the latest Kalki's submission (in other words, "I'll block user:XX unless he doesn't stop his activity" type note")
By the way this page is grown - we need to create an archive or could remove the former entries? --Aphaia 20:30, 16 September 2005 (UTC)
- I've done some work, however I want to get opinions (I'm asking on the general discussion page so more people'll see it) about archiving. 18.104.22.168 06:37, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Bug in the Vandal template
- Fixed URL encoding in the template to accommodate names with spaces. I can't do anything about miscapitalized names. (Cf. User:Major Minor.) ~ Ningauble (talk) 13:11, 15 March 2012 (UTC)