Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Voyager is a science fiction television series set in the Star Trek universe. It ran for seven seasons from 1995 to 2001, and follows a Starfleet vessel propelled seventy thousand light-years from Earth and its subsequent journey home.
- Lieutenant Stadi: Do you always fly at women at warp speed?
- Tom Paris: Only when they're in visual range.
- Kathryn Janeway: At ease, Mr. Kim, before you sprain something.
- Harry Kim: Yes Ma'am!
- Kathryn Janeway: It's not crunch time yet, Mr. Kim. I'll let you know when.
- Tom Paris: [Talking to the replicator] Tomato soup.
- Computer: There are 14 varieties of tomato soup available in this replicator: with rice, with vegetables, Bolian style, with pasta, plain...
- Tom Paris: Plain.
- Computer: Specify hot or chilled.
- Tom Paris: [annoyed] Hot! Hot, plain, tomato soup!
- Chakotay: [First spoken words of the Series] "Damage report!"
- Harry Kim: Captain, there's something out there!
- Kathryn Janeway: I need a better description than that, Mr. Kim!
- B'Elanna Torres: [After receiving punishment for punching an officer] So how long do I have to stay in here [her quarters]?
- Chakotay: Rest of the trip--75 years.
- Tom Paris: If we don't get more power to the warp drive, we're going to have to get out and push.
Time and Again [1.4]
Doctor: "Missing! The captain is missing! It seems I've found myself on the voyage of the damned."
Doctor (about Kes): "She is the healthiest member of her species I have ever seen. She is the only member of her species I have ever seen. You have a lovely brain. It will make a fine addition to our files."
Doctor: "I'm a doctor, Mr. Neelix, not a decorator."
Doctor: "Don't worry, I'm not going to kiss you, I'm only adjusting the restraint."
Neelix: "I'll try to contain my disappointment."
Doctor: "First they tell me there’s no doctor, so I have to be on call 24 hours a day. And then they tell me there are no nurses, so I have no one to assist me."
Kes: "I thought Tom Paris was assigned to you."
Doctor: "Like I said -- no one to assist me."
- Kathryn Janeway: There's coffee in that nebula.
- Tom Paris: I'm losing control!
Chakotay: "B'Elanna's the only one I know who tried to kill her animal guide."
Janeway: "I need to know if we did serious harm to that life-form."
Doctor: "Let's see ... you ran your ship through it, fired phasers at it, and blew a hole in it with a photon torpedo. I'd say it's a pretty good chance that you did some fairly significant --"
Janeway: "Dismissed. That's a Starfleet expression for 'get out.'
Eye of the Needle [1.7]
Ex Post Facto [1.8]
Prime Factors [1.10]
State of Flux [1.11]
- Kathryn Janeway: I don't like bullies, I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Cullah.
- Seska: Federation rules. Federation nobility. Federation compassion? Do you understand that if we were on a Cardassian ship we'd be home now!
- Chakotay: You damned Vulcans and your defined parameters.
- Tuvok: On the contrary, the demands on a Vulcan's character are extraordinarily difficult. Do not mistake composure for ease.
Heroes and Demons [1.12]
- Freya: Your people must value you greatly.
- Doctor: You would think so.
- Jetrel: There is no way I can apologize to you, Mr. Neelix. That is why I have not tried
Learning Curve [1.16]
- B'Elanna Torres: Get the cheese to sickbay - the Doctor should look at it as soon as possible!
Paris: "Captain, I think I should tell you I've never actually landed a starship before."
Janeway: "That's all right, Lieutenant, neither have I."
Non Sequitur [2.5]
Doctor: "How many times do I have to tell you, Madam? I'm a Doctor, not a bartender."
Doctor (to Janeway): "I'm a doctor, not a voyeur."
Paris: "Keep a lock on us, Voyager. If you hear muffled screams, consider that a request for a beam-out."
Persistance of Vision [2.8]
Paris: "The ship might make it without inertial dampers, but we'd all just be stains on the back wall."
Doctor: "I shouldn't have to remind you ... I'm a doctor --"
B'Elanna Torres: "-- not an engineer. Right."
Janeway (about unconscious Paris): "Can you wake him?"
Doctor: "I believe so. WAKE UP, LIEUTENANT!!"
Doctor: "All of us have violent instincts. We have evolved from predators ... Well, not me, of course. I've just been programmed by you predators."
Doctor (to Tuvok): "You're on your way back to being normal, although I'm not sure how the word 'normal' applies to a species that suppresses all their emotions."
- Tom Paris: When a bomb starts talking about itself in the third person, I get worried.
Death Wish [2.18]
- Neelix: [after Quinn mentions a meal of Welsh Rabbit] Rabbit? She never told me she likes rabbit. What is a rabbit anyway? Is this some new chef she's interviewing?
Q (to Janeway): "Has anyone ever told you you're angry when you're beautiful?"
Janeway: "One thing you've never been is a liar."
Q: "I think you've uncovered my one redeeming virtue! Am I blushing?"
- Q: [After noticing there were no men on the bridge] Say, is this a ship of the Valkyries? Or have you human women finally done away with your men altogether?
- Q: [to Chakotay] Facial art. Ooh, how very wilderness of you.
- Tuvok: [to Quinn, after the latter has entered Tuvok's quarters unannounced] I am curious: have the Q always had an absence of manners, or is it the result of some natural evolutionary process that comes with omnipotence?
- William Riker: I'll be damned - it's him.
- Q: [to Janeway] May I speak to you in your chambers, Captain?
- Kathryn Janeway: You've been in my chambers enough for one visit.
- Kathryn Janeway: In a way, this child belongs to all of us. It is the first baby born on Voyager. I'm just not sure whether I should be welcoming it on board or apologizing... Voyager isn't exactly anyone's idea of a nursery and the Delta Quadrant isn't much of a playground.
- Kathryn Janeway: Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is part of the job.
- B'Elanna Torres: Ensign Kim is dead.
- Tuvok: We often fear what we do not understand. Our best defense... is knowledge.
- First Prelate Alcia: She has reached the end of her life.
- Tuvok: She has only just begun it.
- First Prelate Alcia: She is ninety-six years old.
- Chakotay: I can't sacrifice the present waiting for a future that may never happen.
Basics, Part I [2.26]
Basics, Part II [3.1]
- The Doctor: "Sticks and stones won't break my bones, so you can imagine how I feel about being called names."
- The Doctor: "What am I supposed to do? Lead a revolt with a gang from Sandrine's? Conjure up holograms of Nathan Hale and Che Guevara? I'm a doctor, not a counterinsurgent...maybe I could access a tactical database, teach myself guerrilla warfare."
- The Doctor: (to Suder) "One hologram and one sociopath may not be much of a match for the Kazon, but it will have to do"
Seska: "You're more talented in the art of deception than you led me to believe."
- The Doctor: "I was inspired by the presence of a master."
- Chakotay: "Trapped on a barren planet and you're stuck with the only Indian in the universe who can't start a fire by rubbing two sticks together."
- Tuvok: Structure, logic, function, control. A structure cannot stand without a foundation. Logic is the foundation of function. Function is the essence of control. I-am-in-control. I am in control.
- Tuvok: Would it affect your decision if I pointed out that encroaching on a territory of an alien species is prohibited by Starfleet regulations?
- Kathryn Janeway: No, it wouldn't.
- Tuvok: Captain, you have managed to surprise me.
- Kathryn Janeway: We're a long way from Starfleet, Lieutenant. I'm not about to waste 15 months because we've been run into a bunch of bullies.
- The Doctor: He's a sick man. This is where sick people come.
- [The patient dies.]
- The Doctor: He's a very sick man.
- Torres (about the Dr. Zimmerman hologram): I can see where you got your charming personality.
- Doctor: Not to mention my hairline.
- Dr. Zimmerman hologram: You filled your memory with nonsense.
- Doctor: It was only during my off hours.
- Dr. Zimmerman hologram: You're supposed to be off during your off hours.
False Profits [3.5]
- Kathryn Janeway: We have to out-Ferengi the Ferengi.
Sacred Ground [3.7]
Future's End, Part I [3.8]
Future's End, Part II [3.9]
- Captain Braxton: In my century we scan time much as you use sensors to scan space. The Temporal Integrity Commission detected your vessel over 20th century Earth. I was sent to correct that anomaly. Prepare to follow me back into the rift. I'm returning you to your own time to your previous coordinates in the Delta Quadrant.
The Q and the Grey [3.11]
- Q: I know that you're probably asking yourself: why would a brilliant, handsome, dashingly omnipotent being like Q want to mate with a scrawny little bipedal specimen like me?
- Kathryn Janeway: Let me guess; no one else in the universe will have you?
- Q: Nonsense! I could have chosen a Klingon Targ, a Romulan empress, a Cerelian microbe..
- Kathryn Janeway: Really?! I beat out a single cell organism?! How flattering.
- Q: Admit it, it has been a while..
- Kathryn Janeway: And it's going to be a while longer!
- Q: "Kathy, you can't leave. My cosmic clock is ticking. Besides, you have no idea what you're missing. Foreplay with a Q can last for decades."
- Janeway: "Sorry, but I'm busy for the next 60 or 70 years."
- Q: "Oh, I see, this is one of those silly human rituals. You're playing hard to get."
- Janeway: "As far as you're concerned, Q, I'm impossible to get."
- Chakotay: There's got to be some way to get back to the Continuum besides snapping your fingers.
- Female Q: Hm. Well, there is one possibility, but somehow I don't think this rickety barge or your half-witted crewmembers are up to the challenge.
- Tuvok: May I remind you, madam, that this "rickety barge" and its "half-witted" crew is your only hope at the moment.
- Q: The Q didn't come into existence, the Q have always existed!
- Female Q: Take warp drive off line, then remodulate the shields to emit a beta-tachyon pulse and prepare to emit a series of focused anti-proton beams to the shield bubble.
- Chakotay: ... does this make any sense at all to you, B'Elanna?
- Female Q: What are you doing with that dog? [Janeway and Q look at Irish Setter puppy in Janeway's arms] I wasn't talking about the puppy.
- Neelix: Do you want to know what Captain Janeway likes about me? I'll tell you. I am respectful, loyal and most of all, sincere - and those are qualities which someone like you could never hope to possess.
Fair Trade [3.13]
- Alien: You have a dangerous profession, Kathryn. You face death every day. You will die and I will be waiting. You will enter my realm where you'll nourish me for a very long time.
- Janeway: Go back to hell, coward.
Blood Fever [3.16]
- Ettanian Order Leader: You would be willing to die for them? A loyal friend...and a foolish one.
- Kathryn Janeway: [Returns calmly to her command chair, sits down and smiles] Battle Stations.
- Tuvok: That is doubtful.
- Neelix: We'll see.
- Tuvok: Your attempts have yet to succeed.
- Neelix: You always have to get in that last word, don't you?
- Tuvok: I am simply responding to your erroneous statement.
- Neelix: [Teasing] Something tells me you just hate to lose an argument.
- Tuvok: [Rising in tone slightly] Losing is irrelevant.
- Neelix: See what I mean?
- Tuvok: [Tone rising more] No, I do not!
Favorite Son [3.20]
- Harry Kim: It just seems familiar.
- Tuvok: Perhaps you are experiencing a paradoxical, state dependent, associative phenomenon.
- [Harry gives Tuvok a confused look]
- Kathryn Janeway: Déjà vu.
Before and After [3.21]
- The Doctor: You're in perfect physical shape, Mr. Paris. You may go ahead and engage in this reckless activity.
- Jeffery: What's this mean about no Klingon friends?
- The Doctor: Exactly that. They're a bad influence on you. They're prone to violence, they keep you out 'til all hours... Why don't you find some nice Vulcan friends?
Distant Origin [3.23]
- Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
- Chakotay: [referring to his injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Worst Case Scenario [3.25]
- Kathryn Janeway: With all due respect, Mr. Tuvok, loosen up.
Scorpion, Part I [3.26]
- The Borg: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is fu---- (borg ship destroyed).
- Species 8472: The Weak shall perish.
- Chakotay: There's a story I heard as a child, a parable... I never forgot it... A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side... when suddenly he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river. The fox said no... I'll get halfway there, and you'll sting me, and I'll drown. But the scorpion assured him... if I did that, we'd both drown. The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim... But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung the fox. As the poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too. I couldn't help it, said the scorpion. It's my nature.
Scorpion, Part II [4.1]
- Seven of Nine: I speak for the Borg.
Day of Honor [4.3]
- B'Elanna Torres: Computer, prepare to eject the warp core — authorization Torres omega five nine three!
- B'Elanna Torres: I'm going to die, without a shred of honour. And for the first time in my life that really bothers me.
- (Paris and Torres are floating in space, and the oxygen is running low)
- B'Elanna Torres: I have to tell you the truth. I...I love you. (pause) Say something.
- Tom Paris: Well, you've picked a great time to tell me.
- Chakotay: I wish it were as easy to stop hating as it was to start.
Scientific Method [4.7]
- Kathryn Janeway: When this mutation crisis is over, I think I'll spend a few days in renaissance Tuscany. There's a little inn outside Siena I've been wanting to try.
- Tuvok: [after Janeway has been impatient with the crew] Shall I flog them as well?
- [Capt. Janeway has nearly destroyed the ship.]
- Kathryn Janeway: I never realised you thought of me as reckless, Tuvok.
- Tuvok: A poor choice of words. It was clearly an understatement.
Year of Hell, Part I [4.8]
Year of Hell, Part II [4.9]
- Kathryn Janeway: Time's up.
Random Thoughts [4.10]
- Seven of Nine: Your chief engineer and security officer were nearly lost today. That is unacceptable.
- Kathryn Janeway: To you, maybe. But not to me or my crew. Our experience with the Mari gave us an insight into a culture we've never encountered.
- Seven of Nine: But that is irrelevant.
- Kathryn Janeway: No, it's how we gain knowledge.
- The Doctor: Fortunately, the Mari didn't get very far with the procedure. You can return to duty, Lieutenant. Though, perhaps, with one or two fewer violent engramms in that fiery head of yours.
- B'Elanna Torres: It's alright, Doc. There plenty more where those came from.
- The Doctor: Duly warned.
Concerning Flight [4.11]
- Kathryn Janeway: No matter how vast the differences may be between cultures, people always have something that somebody else wants and trade is born.
- Tom Paris: I feel like we've just been mugged.
Mortal Coil [4.12]
- Kathryn Janeway: Neelix, you've just returned from the dead. Go easy on yourself.
Waking Moments [4.13]
Message in a Bottle [4.14]
- Tom Paris: I'm a pilot, Harry, not a doctor.
- The Doctor: Computer, display the design schematics of this ship, and list general specifications.
- Computer: USS Prometheus, experimental prototype designed for deep-space tactical assignments. Primary battle systems include regenerative shielding, ablative hull armour, multi-vector assault mode.
- The Doctor: Multi-vector assault mode? Describe.
- Computer: Access to tactical data requires level 4 clearance.
- The Doctor: What can you show me at MY clearance level!?
- The Doctor: Computer, can I access this ship's EMH program... or do I need some kind of clearance for THAT, too?
- EMH Mark II: Hand me the thrombic modulator.
- The Doctor: [looks down at a variety of instruments] Umm..... mmm... [picks up a spherical one, activates it] Uhh?
- EMH Mark II: [rolls eyes] It's the cone-shaped one. Hand it to me please... Medical science has made a few advances while you've been in the... Delta Quadrant, did you say?
- The Doctor: That's right.
- EMH Mark II: We don't use scalpels or leeches, anymore.
- Tom Paris: Hmm, no wonder, acute functional dyspepsia.
- Neelix: What's that?
- Tom Paris: Heartburn.
- The Doctor: I've even had sexual relations.
- EMH Mark II: Sex?! But how is that possible?! We're not equipped-
- The Doctor: Let's just say I made an addition to my program.
- EMH Mark II: Before you leave... perhaps you could download those sub-routines into my database?
- The Doctor: [After seeing the EMH Mark II try to crawl into the Prometheus's Jeffries Tube backwards] Traditionally, one crawls in head first.
- EMH Mark II: I hope your myriad of adventures included piloting lessons, because there's nothing in my program that would help us fly this thing.
- The Doctor: I've had my share of piloting experience. Actually, only two lessons... and they were in a shuttle craft... on the holodeck--but I showed great intuition! [Looks around the bridge, confused] Where's the helm?
- The Doctor: Stop breathing down my neck.
- EMH Mark II: My breathing is merely a simulation.
- The Doctor: So is my neck; stop it anyway!
- EMH Mark II: Doctor, some...thing just went offline!
- The Doctor: Specifically?
- EMH Mark II: The secondary gyrodyne relays of the propulsion field intermatrix have depolarized!
- The Doctor: In ENGLISH!
- EHM Mark II: I am just reading what it says here!
- Computer: Specify attack pattern.
- The Doctor: Attack pattern... Alpha?
- Computer: Specify target.
- [The Doctor and the EMH Mark II exchange glances]
- The Doctor & the EMH Mark II: ROMULANS!
- The Doctor: You hit the wrong ship!
- EMH Mark II: It wasn't my fault.
- The Doctor: Then whose fault was it, the torpedo's? You're supposed to tell it what to do!
- EMH Mark II: Is this the thruster control?
- The Doctor: Don't touch that! We don't know what it does! It could be the self-destruct!
- EMH Mark II: Okay, I'm taking power from.... life support, we don't need that!
- [Starfleet officers transport aboard]
- The Doctor: Welcome to the Prometheus... about time.
- EMH Mark II: There are ships dropping out of warp! We're doomed!
- The Doctor: [Relieved] No we're not; they're Starfleet!
- [Ship is fired upon]
- EMH Mark II: What are they doing?!
- The Doctor: Firing on us!
- EMH Mark II: They must think there are Romulans onboard!
- The Doctor: They're right!
- EMH Mark II: My beautiful existence cut short. No time to explore the universe, no time to smell the roses... no time for... sex.
- Tom Paris: You shouldn't get your hopes up, Harry. No hopes, no disappointments.
- Harry Kim: I'm not you.
- Chakotay: Is your body armor designed to handle rapid pressure fluctuations?
- Alpha Hirogen: It can defeat most hostile environments. I once tracked a silicon-based lifeform through the neutronium mantle of a collapsed star.
- Tom Paris: I once tracked a mouse through Jefferies tube thirty two.
The Killing Game, Part I [4.18]
The Killing Game, Part II [4.19]
The Omega Directive [4.21]
- Seven of Nine: I believe I have found a way to stabilize the omega molecule.
- Kathryn Janeway: I don't care if you can make it sing and dance, we are going to destroy it.
- Kathryn Janeway: (to Chakotay) I can tell you this: One of two things is going to happen... either Seven and I will succeed on our mission, and return within a few days... or your long-range sensors will detect a large explosion in subspace. If that occurs, you'll have less than ten seconds to jump to warp, and get the hell out of here. Head for the Alpha Quadrant and don't look back. Understood?
Living Witness [4.23]
- Kathryn Janeway: When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way.
- Vaskan ambassador: Then our philosophies are in agreement. Will you help us?
- Kathryn Janeway: You're asking me to fight your war; destroy your enemy?
- Vaskan ambassador: I'm asking you to intimidate the Kyrians with your technology--help me capture their leader. This ship has superior firepower; he won't risk a conflict with you.
- Kathryn Janeway: We risk life and limb, so your people can annex Kyrian land... sounds like a good deal for you; what do we get?
- Vaskan ambassador: A way home?
- Kathryn Janeway: You know more about Voyager then you've let on.
- Vaskan ambassador: Your reputation in this quadrant precedes you; that's why we sought you out.
- Kathryn Janeway: I'm listening.
- Vaskan ambassador: There's a secret wormhole five-days journey from here. We know where it is and we can help you stabilize it.
- Kathryn Janeway: If you're lying--
- Vaskan ambassador: How far do you have to go? The 60,000 light years?
- Kathryn Janeway: I want all tactical data regarding your little war--Kyrian defenses, position of your own forces... everything.
- Vaskan ambassador: You'll have it within the hour.
[Scene changes to the bridge]
- Neelix: Eight Kyrian figher ships approaching.
- Kathryn Janeway: Arm the assault probes. Fire at will. [Pause] Hail them.
- Tuvok: [Pushes a button] Channel open.
- Kathryn Janeway: This is Captain Janeway of the Warship: Voyager. Break off your attack or I'll destroy you.
- Tuvok: They are not responding. [Voyager is attacked]
- Tom Paris: They're returning fire! Shields are holding!
- Kathryn Janeway: Chakotay [pronounced as Chah-kah-tay], any luck tracking down their leader?
- Chakotay: Not yet. We think Tedran has gone into hiding.
- Kathryn Janeway: I thought he might; we're going to have to flush him out.
- Vaskan ambassador: What do you suggest?
- Kathryn Janeway: Biogenic weapons. We'll infect the most populated Kyrian territories. The Doctor's nearly done working on the weapon.
- Vaskan ambassador: Our conflict is with Tedran himself, not with his people! They're innocent!
- Kathryn Janeway: The best way to bring down a ruler is to make his people suffer.
- Vaskan ambassador: Captai--
- Kathryn Janeway: This is no time for half-measure; you wanted victory--you're going to get it. Bridge to sickbay: status?
- The Doctor: [Portrayed as an android] We have established a link between my neural net and the phaser array. I am reconfiguring the beam to carry a bio-agent into the planet's atmosphere.
- Kathryn Janeway: When will it be ready?
- The Doctor: It is ready now, captain.
- Tuvok: Phasers are online.
- Kathryn Janeway: Target the first city... and fire.
[Scene shows Voyager shooting phasers at a planet, and the simulation freezes]
- Quarren: The Warship: Voyager: one of the most powerful vessels of its time. Armed with photon torpedoes and particle weapons, this ship of destruction could wipe out an entire civilization within hours. On this particular day in history, we were lucky. The death toll could have been much worst. By the time Voyager targeted our major cities, Tedran had already begun an evacuation; thousands of lives were saved. Unfortunately, it was only the beginning of Captain Janeway's onslaught; as you'll see, her actions would have a lasting effect on our world. Even today, seven-hundred years later, we are still feeling the impact of the Voyager encounter.
[The simulation continues with Voyager firing their biogenic-enhanced phasers at Kyrian territories]
- Kathryn Janeway: Status? Status!?
- Neelix: Approximately 3,000 Kyrians dead.
- Kathryn Janeway: That's it?
- Tuvok: The bio-agent is still dispersing through the atmosphere. The fatality rate will be 300,000 soon enough.
- Kathryn Janeway: How soon?
- Tuvok: Best guess? One hour.
- Kathryn Janeway: Why do you always keep me waiting, Tuvok?
- Tuvok: [Smirks] My apologies. Preparing to fire again.
- Kathryn Janeway: Double the yield.
- Vaskan ambassador: Captain! Don't you think that's excessive?!
- Kathryn Janeway: You picked a bad time to have second-thoughts, ambassador.
- Vaskan ambassador: I want them defeated, but... but this is genocide!
- Kathryn Janeway: Defeat, genocide--why quibble with semantics?
- Vaskan ambassador: This wasn't our agreement!
- Kathryn Janeway: We're going to defeat the Kyrians, and you're going to keep your end of the bargain. [The ship is hit, Captain Janeway looks over to a Kazon guard] Ensign? Confine this gentlemen to the brig. [to the Vaskan ambassador] I'll let you know when it's over.
- Tom Paris: Three more Kyrian vessels approaching.
- 'Kathryn Janeway: Evade them.
- Tom Paris: Aye, aye, sir!
[Scene switches to Harry Kim hitting a bound Kyrian prisoner]
- Chakotay: [to the prisoner] The location?
- Harry Kim: Look, I can keep this up all day; tell the commander what he wants to know. [the prisoner is silent. Harry Kim hits hit again] Maybe I can't keep this up all day.
- Chakotay: I'm a man of peace. My native people are enlightened--non-violent! Much like your own. I'm saddened that this has happened to you. If we can work together, maybe we can end this conflict!
- Harry Kim: Stand aside, Chakotay [pronounced as Chah-kah-tay], let me hit him.
- The Doctor: That hyperspanner would cause unacceptable level of damage. I remind you, he must still be able to speak.
- Harry Kim: What do you have in mind?
- The Doctor: This neural-solvent: a clean and efficient inducer of pain; far more effective then your crude attempts at persuasion. [injects the prisoner with a hypospray] No doubt you are experiencing a tingling sensation behind your eyes, the chemical is dissolving your optic nerves.
- Chakotay: I'll ask you again: where is Tedran? [The prisoner moans]
- The Doctor: The pain will increase exponentially until your cerebral cortex begins to liquefy. I can reverse the process; if ordered to do so.
- Chakotay: And I want to give that order, but you have to tell me: where is Tedran?
[Scene changes to Chakotay pointing to a map]
- Chakotay: He's here--at these coordinate!
- Kathryn Janeway: That's assuming your prisoner told you the truth.
- Chakotay: Oh, believe me, he was very cooperative at the end. [Computer beeps]
- Kathryn Janeway: Neelix?
- Neelix: I'm reading a fortified compound 1.6 kilometers beneath the surface.
- Kathryn Janeway: Chakotay, you and Tuvok take an assault team, and find Tedran; make sure he's escorted safely to Voyager.
- Chakotay: Yes, sir. [The ship rumbles]
- Kathryn Janeway: What now?
- Tom Paris: Intruders. Four Kyrians just beamed into the engine room.
- Kathryn Janeway: Bridge to engineering, respond.
- Neelix: They've erected force fields. Our soldiers can't get in.
- Kathryn Janeway: They've left me no choice. Computer, initiate the Borg activation sequence.
- Computer: [Male voice] Sequence in progress.
[Scene changes to the Cargo Bay]
- Kathryn Janeway: [Voice only] Bridge to Seven of Nine.
- Seven of Nine: [In full Borg gear] State your instructions.
- Kathryn Janeway: A group of Kyrians is in the engine room. Stop them.
- Seven of Nine: We understand. [She steps off her Borg alcove and awakens other Borg drones]
[Scene changes to Engineering with the Borgs teleporting in and fighting the Kyrians]
- Seven of Nine: [After defeating the Kyrians] Resistance is futile. [Voice only] Seven of Nine to the Bridge, the Kyrian threat has been neutralized.
- Kathryn Janeway: Acknowledged.
- Seven of Nine: Two of the Kyrians are still alive. What shall we do with them?
- Kathryn Janeway: Well, you've been wanting to expand your fighting force. Assimilate them.
- Seven of Nine: We understand.
- Harry Kim: I've just received word from the attack team.
- Kathryn Janeway: Good news, lieutenant?
- Harry Kim: Very. They've captured Tedran and one of his aides. They're heading back to Voyager.
- Kathryn Janeway: Take them to chamber 19, and get the Vaskan ambassador. This is one negotiation he won't want to miss.
[Scene changes to the mess hall]
- Kathryn Janeway: [To Tedran] Welcome aboard.
- Tedran: I appreciate your hospitality; are all your guests treated so well?
- Kathryn Janeway: It's not everyday we receive such an important visitor. The great Tedran, a man of wisdom and peace, a servant of his people. Well, your people need you--now more than ever.
- Tedran: State your demands.
- Kathryn Janeway: Tell your forces to stand down, and I'll call off my attack.
- Tedran: I understand what the Vaskans want--more of our territory; more resources, but what do you want, captain? Why are you doing this to us?
- Kathryn Janeway: He's offered my crew a way home.
- Tedran: To reach your home, you would destroy ours?
- Kathryn Janeway: That's right! And you'd do the same in my position.
- Tedran: No, I would not.
- Kathryn Janeway: Spoken like a true martyr. You're very enlightened, but are you so proud that you'd let your people die before you'd humble yourself? [Tuvok and Harry Kim push down Tedran and his female aide to their knees] Tell them to surrender.
- Tedran: [to the Vaskan ambassador] You have shamed us all; we could have ended this on our own--peacefully. Without her.
- Kathryn Janeway: Surrender.
- Tedran: No. [Captain Janeway grabs a phaser rifle and kills Tedran's female aide] We will prevail... [Captain Janeway kills Tedran with the phaser rifle]
- Kathryn Janeway: [to the Vaskan ambassador] Oh don't look so shocked about it; this is what you wanted, isn't it?
- Quarren: [To The Doctor] All of our evidence shows that you are a war criminal!
- The Doctor: Evidence?! What evidence!? Like this for example?! [points to a schematic of the Warship: Voyager] Triple-armored hull? Thirty torpedo tubes, twenty-five phaser banks?! This isn't what our ship look like!
- Quarren: We reconstructed it from a partial schematic, found in the Cyrik Ocean... which was badly damaged by corrosion--we were bound to get a few details wrong!
- The Doctor: Voyager wasn't a warship! We were explorers!
- Quarren: Yes, I know--trying to get home; to Mars.
- The Doctor: Earth! You see, you couldn't even get that right!
- The Doctor: [To Quarren] I want to see your version of what happened.
[Scene changes to the briefing room of the Warship: Voyager]
- Tom Paris: We've already drained two phaser banks, and it hasn't did anything!
- Tuvok: Perhaps if you looked at your console once in a while instead of chasing the female ensigns, you'd see otherwise.
- Harry Kim: Tom's right; this war was supposed to be over in five minutes!
- Chakotay: [To Tom Paris] You have a better idea, lieutenant?
- Tom Paris: As a matter of fact, I do: fighter shuttles. A direct assault.
- Nelix: [To Tom Paris] Led by you? Good luck.
- Tom Paris: Watch your mouth, hedgehog!
- Chakotay: I haven't heard a single good idea.
- Tom Paris: Then propose something, first officer! Earn your rank for once! [Chakotay punches Tom Paris in the stomach while Neelix, Harry Kim and Tuvok try to separate them]
- Kathryn Janeway: Gentlemen... [the fight continues] Gentlemen! [Captain Janeway pulls her phaser out and shoots a console, which breaks the fight] Save it for the holodeck! We've got a war to fight. We've only been attacking the Kyrian military instillation--a mistake. We should target the general population.
- The [Cyborg] Doctor: Excellent idea, captain. I've examined the Kyrian genome and they'd be vulnerable to any number of biological weapons.
- Kathryn Janeway: How soon could you have one ready?
- The [Cyborg] Doctor: Within the hour.
- Kathryn Janeway: Dismissed.
- The Doctor: [To Quarren] You’ve portrayed us as monsters: the captain is a cold-blooded killer, the crew is a gang of thugs and I am a mass-murderer!
- The Doctor: I'll go first, Captain, and draw any fire if need be.
- Daleth: Your crew is heroic, Captain--
- The Doctor: I just happen to be invulnerable to phaser fire, but I appreciate the compliment.
- Daleth: [To Tedran] We wouldn't need help if we wanted to destroy you!
- Female Tour Guide: It was a pivotal moment in our history. As the result of The Doctor's testimony, a dialogue was open between our peoples; eventually, we found a new respect for our divergent cultures and traditions. The efforts of people like Quarren and The Doctor paved the way for unity. Quarren died six years later, but he lived long enough to witness the dawn of harmony. And The Doctor? Well, he served as our surgical chancellor for many years, until he decided to leave. He took a small craft and set a course for the alpha quadrant, attempting to trace the path of Voyager. He said he had a longing for home.
Hope and Fear [4.26]
- Kathryn Janeway: Have you encountered his species before?
- Seven of Nine: Species 116.
- Arturis: Is that what you call us?
- Seven of Nine: The Borg has never been able to assimilate them. [Turns to Arturis] Not yet.
- Kathryn Janeway: Seven!
- Tom Paris: (Beaming aboard the USS Dauntless with Chakotay and Tuvok) Wow!
- Tuvok: Wow, indeed.
- Tom Paris: Look at this, it looks like the quantum drive is being routed through the main deflector.
- Chakotay: Is that what's creating the slipstream?
- Tom Paris: It looks that way.
- Tuvok: Fascinating. Can you make it stop?
- Seven of Nine: Lieutenant, you seem eager to return to Earth.
- B'Elanna Torres: "Eager"? I wouldn't go that far.
- Seven of Nine: Intuition?
- Kathryn Janeway: It's intuition if I'm right.
- Arturis: [To Janeway] You negotiated an agreement with the Borg Collective! Safe passage through their space! And in return, you helped them defeat one of their enemies.
- Seven of Nine: Species 8472.
- Arturis: In your colorful language, yes, species 8472!
- Kathryn Janeway In case I never get a chance to say this: I realise that I've been hard on you at times, but it was never out of anger, or regret that I brought you on board. I'm your Captain. That means I can't always be a friend. Understand?
- Seven of Nine No. However, if we are assimilated, our thoughts will become one, and I'm sure I will understand perfectly. [to a shocked Janeway] A joke, Captain. You yourself have encouraged me to use my sense of humor.
- Satan's Robot: Citizen of Earth, surrender. Do not resist.
- Seven of Nine: I am Borg
- [Seven opens a hatch on the robot and pulls out some wiring]
- Satan's Robot: Surrenderrr...
- Seven of Nine: The robot has been neutralized. May I leave now?
- Seven of Nine: You will not be harmed. [The drone steps back as Seven approaches] Resistance is futile. [The drone stays still]
- Seven of Nine: Terminate interface! You must comply. You are hurting me.
- One: [Releases Seven of Nine] I will comply.
- One: I was never meant to be. As long as I exist, you are in danger. All life on Voyager is in danger.
- The Doctor: We can talk about this later. [Attempts to administer a hypospray but is stopped by One's force field]
- Seven: Allow the Doctor to proceed. Lower the force field.
- The Doctor: His synapses are failing.
- Seven: You must comply.
- One: I will not.
- Seven: You must comply! Please... [quieter] You are hurting me.
- One: [Dying] You will adapt.
Extreme Risk [5.3]
- B'Elanna Tores: Nothing's wrong. Okay?
- Kathryn Janeway: No, it's not okay, and until you decide to be more forthcoming, you'll remain under the Doctor's supervision. Which means you're off the shuttle project. I'm sorry.
- B'Elanna: I'm not.
- Kathryn Janeway: Now I know there's something wrong.
- Chakotay: B'Elanna, why are you intentionally trying to hurt yourself?
- B'Elanna: I don't know.
- Chakotay: Are you trying to commit suicide?
- B'Elanna: Ff! No!
- Chakotay: Then why?
- B'Elanna: Because.. Because, if I sprain my ankle, at least I feel something.
- Chakotay: What do you mean?
- B'Elanna: I'm not trying to kill myself! I'm trying to see if I'm still alive.
- Chakotay: I don't understand.
- B'Elanna: When you look at those corpses, how do you feel?
- Chakotay: Sad, angry, maybe a little guilty that I wasn't there to die with them.
- B'Elanna: Not me. I don't feel anything at all.
- Chakotay: B'Elanna, the Maquis were like our adopted family, I can understand you trying to block out that kind of pain.
- B'Elanna: You don't understand. It's not just the pain. I don't feel anything. Not about my dead friends, not about Tom, you, my job.
- Chakotay: Maybe you're afraid if you let yourself start to feel something, you might not be able to stop.
- Chakotay: You're going to have to find another way to deal with this.
- B'Elanna: I don't know how.
- Chakotay: We'll figure it out, together.
In the Flesh [5.4]
- Kathryn Janeway: Directive 010: Before engaging alien species in battle any and all attempts to make first contact and achieve non-military resolution must be made.
Once Upon A Time [5.5]
- Neelix: Coffee, Anyone... Captain [Offering coffee]
- Kathryn Janeway: No Thanks, I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp.
- The Doctor: So how did you get involved with Bonnie and Clyde [referring to Harry Kim and Chakotay] here?
- Tessa Omond: Oh, I had an interest in Voyager for a long time.
- Harry Kim: They're having sex. [referring to Tess and Chakotay]
- Kathryn Janeway: Looks like we've got a guardian angel.
- Kim: Oh, I wish I could believe that.
- Janeway: Believe it. His name is Harry Kim.
- Chakotay: In just a few minutes--if all goes as planned--we will have changed history; the past fifteen years erased. We don't have to do this.
- Tess: [sarcastically] Now you tell me.
- The Doctor: I'm no time-travel expert, but can't we just call Voyager again? I mean the past isn't going anywhere.
- Harry Kim: That's not going to help if we don't know WHAT to tell them.
- Chakotay: "Shield Generators?"
- Harry Kim: "Online."
- Chakotay: "Plasma flow?"
- Harry Kim: "Stable."
- Chakotay: "Comm. link?"
- Harry Kim: "Secure."
- Chakotay: "Lunch?"
- Harry Kim: "(pause) Salami sandwiches."
Infinite Regress [5.7]
- Neelix: And since Commander Tuvok has been unable to round up any suspects, I'd like to ask that stronger measures be taken. [Talking about someone who keeps stealing food from the mess hall]
- Tuvok: Perhaps an armed security detail?
- Seven of Nine: Naomi Wildman, subunit of Ensign Samantha Wildman. State your intentions.
Nothing Human [5.8]
Thirty Days [5.9]
Latent Image [5.11]
- The Doctor: Decisions, decisions. How do you make a decision, Mister Neelix? In general, I mean.
- Neelix: I guess I weigh the alternatives and try to decide which is best.
- The Doctor: Which is best. How do you determine that?
- Neelix: I never thought about it, really.
- The Doctor: Well, maybe you should. Think about it, I mean.
- Neelix: I guess every situation is a little different.
- The Doctor: For me, it's rather simple. While I'm faced with a decision my program calculates the variables, and I take action. For example, what could be simpler than a triage situation in Sickbay? (hold two pieces of fruit) Two patients, for example, both injured, for example, both in imminent danger of dying. Calculate the variables. My program needs to ascertain which patient has the greater chance of survival, and that's the one I treat. (tosses a fruit across the mess hall) Simple. But, what if (holds two identical fruits) they have an equal chance of survival? What then? Hmm? (slams hand on table) Flip a coin? Pick a card?!
- Neelix: Doctor.
- The Doctor: Oh, I'm all right. I'm a hologram. I don't get injured, I don't feel pain, I don't die. Unlike some people I could tell you about. For example, two patients. Both injured, both in imminent danger of. (jerks away from Neelix) Don't touch me! I'm a hologram. Photonic energy. Don't waste your time.
- Neelix: (taps combadge) Neelix to Security. Send a team to the Mess hall, please.
- The Doctor: A whole team, Mister Neelix? Throwing a little party, are we? Why, I attended a party just recently. A birthday party for a very nice young woman. I made a decision there, too. Several of them, in fact. When I came through the door, do I turn right or do I turn left? As I recall, I decided on the latter. Then, what should I see before me but the hors d'oeuvre tray, and another decision. Do I take a canapé or refuse? Oh, that's an easy one. I'm a hologram. I don't eat.
- Neelix: (to Tuvok) Something's wrong with him.
- The Doctor: Don't you know it's rude to refer to somebody in the third person? You had a choice, Mister Neelix. Should I do something rude, or not do something rude?
- Tuvok: Doctor, we must return to Sickbay.
- The Doctor: Why should I? What if I don't want to return to Sickbay? What if I decide not to return to Sickbay? No, I don't choose this. (jerks away from security) Leave me alone! Let me go! Why did she have to die? Why did I kill her?! Why did I decide to kill her?! Why?! Somebody tell me why!!
(Tuvok deactivates The Doctor)
- The Doctor: The more I think about it, the more I realise there's nothing I could have done differently...the primordial atom burst, sending out its radiation, setting everything in motion. One particle collides with another, gases expand, planets contract and before you know it we've got starships and holodecks and chicken soup. In fact, you can't help but have starships, holodecks and chicken soup - because it was all determined 20 billion years ago!
- Tuvok: [Entering] There is a certain logic... to your logic.
- The Doctor: In that book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you appear the words: Here begins a new life.
Bride of Chaotica! [5.12]
- Buster Kincaid: You'll never get away with this. [Turns to Captain Proton and laughs]
- Doctor Chaotica: Oh, but I shall!
- Tom Paris: Welcome to planet X
- Harry Kim: Ok, so what's the plan?
- Tom Paris: Well this is the part where we defeat Chaotica's soldiers steal their uniforms and infiltrate the underground tunnels.
- Harry Kim: Hey, I thought you said there were slave girls in this one.
- Tom Paris: After we infiltrate the fortress of doom, we'll free Chaotica's harem.
- Captain Janeway: Coffee, black.
- Neelix: I'm sorry, Captain. We've lost another two replicators –
- Kathryn Janeway: Listen to me very carefully because I'm only going to say this once. Coffee – black.
- Tom Paris: [After hearing an unintelligible voice] Satan's robot.
- Tuvok: Naturally.
- Tom Paris:[reading telegram]Intercepted communications between Doctor Chaotica and Arachnia. Stop. Chaotica at war with aliens from fifth dimension. Stop. Must strike now to disable death ray.
- Tuvok: Stop. Please summarize the message.
- Satan's Robot: (upon seeing the photonic life-form) Invaders! Invaders! Inv- (gets hit by Tom Paris).
- Tom Paris: Quiet!
- Satan's Robot: (mumbling) Invaders...
- Kathryn Janeway: Let me get this straight: trans-dimensional aliens have mistaken your Captain Proton simulation for reality.
- Tom Paris: Yes ma'am.
- Kathryn Janeway: And now an armed conflict has broken out between these aliens, and Chaotica's holographic army.
- Tom Paris: Yes ma'am. His army of evil.
- Tom Paris: The Destructo Beam on my rocket ship can disable the death ray, but only if someone gets inside the Fortress of Doom and can shut down the lightning shield.
- Tom Paris:Well, he's been attacking the aliens with his death ray.
- Tuvok:It's a shame we don't have one.
- Queen Arachnia: Ah, I see you've kept my pheromones. I didn't realize you were the scent-imental type.
- Tom Paris: Use grandiose language. He likes to be called sire. And it helps if you say things like, "The clever fiendishness of your evil plan is brilliant!"
- Doctor Chaotica: Why this preoccupation with the shield?
- Queen Arachnia: Oh forgive me, as a fellow ruler of the cosmos I often have to do things for myself.
- Doctor Chaotica: Ah, because of the incompetence of your inferiors no doubt.
- Queen Arachnia: Something like that.
- Doctor Chaotica: Ah, Arachnia, my love, my life, how well you understand our plight. If it weren't beneath my dignity I would weep. How long I've hoped for someone who would understand.
- Queen Arachnia: We have a saying in Arachnia, "It's lonely at the top."
- Queen Arachnia disables guard manning deathray
- Doctor Chaotica: Impetuous harlot!
- Queen Arachnia: Show me how to disable the lightning rod or I'll show you how impetuous I can be.
- Queen Arachnia: I don't know how to tell you this [Shoots Dr. Chaotica with lazergun]but the wedding's off.
- Zohn-Ha-Lok: Love is the most dangerous emotion of all. It produces many other emotions: jealousy, shame, rage, grief. You must learn to suppress them all, otherwise they will consume you. [later, after months of training] You are now prepared to return to the world: grief, anger, fear and especially love will never threaten you again. [A Vulcan master to a juvenile Tuvok]
- The Doctor: I'm a doctor, not a battery.
- Naomi Wildman: [To Seven of Nine] Can't we make first contact? Or get into a space battle?!
- Tom Paris: Yeah? Can't we?
- Chakotay: It's perfectly natural for you to resist the unknown. But you're in good hands! Resistance is futile. [smiles]
- The Doctor: I'm a doctor, not a dragon slayer.
Dark Frontier, Part I [5.15]
- [ Kathryn Janeway and Chakotay looking at the Borg debris in the cargo bay ]
- Kathryn Janeway: Now this is how I prefer the Borg: in pieces.
Dark Frontier, Part II [5.16]
- Kathryn Janeway: There are three things to remember about being a Starfleet captain: keep your shirt tucked in; go down with the ship; and never abandon a member of your crew.
- Borg Queen: [To Seven of Nine] I'm sorry this lesson has to be so painful for you, but you are a difficult pupil. Abandon your human frailties- they are the cause of your pain.
The Disease [5.17]
Course: Oblivion [5.18]
Think Tank [5.20]
- Tom Paris: Take it from me: getting B'Elanna to control her temper is like convincing a Ferengi to leave his estate to charity.
Someone to Watch Over Me [5.22]
Equinox, Part I [5.26]
Equinox, Part II [6.1]
Survival Instinct [6.2]
Barge of the Dead [6.3]
Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy [6.4]
- The Doctor: (sung to Tuvok and crew to the tune of La donna è mobile)
- Tuvok I understand,
- you are a Vulcan man,
- you have just gone without,
- for seven years about.
- Paris please find a way,
- to load a hypospray,
- I will give you the sign,
- just aim for his behind.
- Hormones are raging!
- Synapses blazing!
- It's all so veeeeeeeeeeeryy, illogical!
- Illogical! Iiiiiiiiiiiill– Illogical!"
- Tuvok I understand,
- Computer: Warning: Warp core breach a lot sooner than you think!
- Computer: Warning! Last chance to be a hero, Doctor. Get going!
- Tom Paris: What I wouldn't give now for a Whoopee Cushion
- Harry Kim: A What?
- Tom Paris: Ancient technology.
- Seven of Nine: [Kisses The Doctor on the cheek] That was a platonic gesture. Do not expect me to pose for you.
- Kim: [to Torres] I wouldn't take it personally. The Ferengi call it the five stages of acquisition: infatuation, justification, appropriation, obsession and resale.
Dragon's Teeth [6.7]
- Gedrin: When it rains, do you run from doorway to doorway, trying to stay dry, getting wet all the while? Or do you just accept the fact that it's raining and walk with dignity?
One Small Step [6.8]
The Voyager Conspiracy [6.9]
- [Admiral Paris inspects the MIDAS Array in the wake of Lt Barclay's rebellion]
- Admiral Paris: [to Commander Harkins] You put me in a difficult position, son. I was hoping that we'd be able to-
- Starfleet Technician: We're receiving a transmission.
- Paris: From where?
- Starfleet Technician: Coordinates 343.6 by 27.
- Lt. Reginald Barclay: The wormhole.
- Capt. Janeway: [cuts in audio] Starfleet Command. Come in.
- Paris: [soft voice] Voyager.
- Cdr. Pete Harkins: Reg, give me a hand clearing up the signal. [Paris gestures Barclay to do it]
- Barclay: Lower the filter band by 0.3 kilohertz.
- Janeway: This is Capt. Kathryn Janeway, do you read me?
- Harkins: [to Barclay] I think she's talking to you.
- Barclay: Captain, this is Lt. Reginald Barclay at Starfleet Command.
- Janeway: It's good to hear your voice, lieutenant. We've been waiting a long time for this moment.
- Barclay: The feeling is mutual. Unfortunately, the micro-wormhole is collapsing. We have only a few moments.
- Janeway: [signals Tuvok] Understood. We're transmitting our ship's logs, crew reports, and navigational records to you now.
- Barclay: Acknowledged and we're sending you data on some new hypersubspace technology. We're hoping eventually to use it to keep in regular contact and we're including some recommended modifications for your comm system.
- Janeway: We'll implement them as soon as possible.
- Barclay: There's someone else here who would also like to say something.
- Paris: This is Admiral Paris.
- Janeway: Hello sir.
- Paris: How are your people holding up?
- Janeway: Very well, they're an exemplary crew, your son included.
- Paris: Tell him, tell him I miss him and I'm proud of him.
- Janeway: He heard you, admiral.
- Barclay: The wormhole is collapsing..
- Paris: I want you all to know we're doing everything we can to bring you home.
- Janeway: We appreciate it sir. Keep a docking bay open for us. We hope to see you - [signal is cut]
Fair Haven [6.11]
- Kathryn Janeway: I've become romantically involved with a hologram. If that's possible.
- The Doctor: Tell me what happened.
- Kathryn Janeway: Oh you know the story. Girl meets boy. Girl modifies boy's subroutines.
- Kathryn Janeway: This isn't sabotage, Seven. This is fanmail.
- B'Elanna Torres: The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park.
- Seven of Nine: I have spent the last three years struggling to regain my humanity. I'm afraid I may have lost it again in that arena.
- Tuvok: You are experiencing difficult emotions.
- Seven of Nine: Guilt, shame, remorse.
- Tuvok: Then you haven't lost your humanity. You have reaffirmed it.
- Kathryn Janeway: They are not exactly drones. Mature Borg are predictable. They ignore you or assimilate you, but these juveniles, they are unstable.
- Tuvok: They are contemptuous of authority, convinced that they are superior. Typical adolescent behaviour - for any species.
Spirit Folk [6.17]
Ashes to Ashes [6.18]
- Seven of Nine: [ordering the reluctant children to play on schedule] "Fun" will now commence.
- The Doctor: Hair is one of my specialties, despite evidence to the contrary.
- Kathryn Janeway: Commander Tuvok finished his analysis of your shuttle and presented me with 37 different ways of repelling a Kobali attack.
- Ensign Lyndsay Ballard: Did he include your pot roast?
- [Mezoti makes a clay bust of Seven instead of a geometric shape.]
- Icheb: She deviated from your instructions. Aren't you going to implement a punishment protocol?
- Seven of Nine: [pauses] No. Resume your disorder.
Child's Play [6.19]
Good Shepherd [6.20]
Live Fast and Prosper [6.21]
- Kelis: And Voyager will continue on her journey to the gleaming cities of Earth, where peace reigns and hatred has no home.
- B'Elanna Torres: Harry Kim saves the day. Just the ending I was looking for.
- Kathryn Janeway: We've known each other for how long?
- Tuvok: Approximately 20 years.
- Kathryn Janeway: We served on three starships together. I was present at your daughters Kol-anar. I consider you one of my closest friends.
- Tuvok: And I regard you with the same esteem.
- Kathryn Janeway: I've always been honest with you but you've been keeping something from me.
- Tuvok: I don't know what you mean.
- Kathryn Janeway: [grave voice] Don't you? It took exhaustive research, sifting through teraquads of data, separating fact from rumour but eventually I arrived at the truth.
- Tuvok: [concerned] Captain...?
- Kathryn Janeway: [Turns around smiling and holding a birthday cake] Happy birthday.
- Tuvok: Thank you.
- Kathryn Janeway: So...it's not long before you hit the big three digits?
- The Doctor: So what were your initial symptoms?
- Dr. Zimmerman: Radical hair loss.
- The Doctor: [Talking to Reginald Barclay about Deanna Troi] She's a counselor, lieutenant, not an engineer!
- The Doctor: Is that a fractal algorithm?
- Dr. Zimmerman: Very good. I'm using it to realign your matrix.
- The Doctor: Fractal algorithms are notoriously unstable.
- Dr. Zimmerman: In the hands of a novice. [Computer makes a noise] Whoops...
- Dr. Lewis Zimmerman: Emergency Medical Hotheads; Extremely Marginal Housecalls; that's what everyone used to call the Mark I's until they were bounced out of the medical corps. I tried to have them decommissioned, but Starfleet, in its infinite wisdom, overruled me and reassigned them all to work waste transfer barges. That's where you'd be, too, if you hadn't been lost in the Delta Quadrant. Do you know how humiliating it is to have 675 Mark I's out there scrubbing plasma conduits, all with my face?
- The Doctor: I'm sure they're doing a fine job.
The Haunting of Deck Twelve [6.25]
- Neelix: I'm warning you: this is not for the faint of heart.
- Mezoti: We are not faint of heart.
- Icheb: Our cardiopulmonary systems are reinforced.
Unimatrix Zero, Part I [6.24]
Unimatrix Zero, Part II [7.1]
Critical Care [7.5]
- The Doctor: Level Blue is your critical care area, I presume?
- Administrator Chellek: Level Blue is the area where it's most critical that we provide excellent care.
Inside Man [7.6]
Body and Soul [7.7]
- Harry Kim: You [The Doctor] had a dinner date in Seven's body?!
- The Doctor in Seven of Nine's body: [While drunk] It wasn't a date--it was a tactical maneuver designed to win the trust of our captors! And... it worked! [holds up the mobile emitter]
- Harry Kim: [Grabs it] I won't ask what you had to do to get this!
- The Doctor: I'm afraid, the role of spy wasn't written into my programme. I was forced to improvise.
- Seven of Nine: You improvised your way through an entire cheesecake as well as three servings of Ktarian chocolate puffs. Now I have to suffer the consequences.
- Seven of Nine: You became sexually aroused in my body!
Flesh and Blood [7.9]
Flesh and Blood, Part II [7.10]
- Kathryn Janeway: How can I punish you for being who you are?
- Dr. Chaotica: Fools! Don't you recognise Arachnia, Queen of the Spider People?
- Tuvok: Mr. Neelix, may I ask what you are doing here?
- Neelix: We're bunk mates!
- Tuvok: There must be some mistake.
- Neelix: [laughing] There's no mistake! I gave up my quarters to a Klingon family. By the time I checked with Commander Chakotay, you were the only one who hadn't been paired up.
- Tuvok: You should have consulted me.
- Neelix: We're such close friends I knew you wouldn't mind.
- B'Elanna Torres: According to this, I am supposed to have won a glorious victory against an army of 10,000 warriors.
- Kolar: Haven't you?
- B'Elanna Torres: We haven't even encountered 10,000 warriors--well, unless you include the Borg.
- The Doctor: I've studied this section on Klingon mating rituals in their cultural database.
- Harry Kim: Then maybe you can tell me how to convince a female twice my size that I'm NOT interested.
- Tom Paris: [to the Captain] What was I supposed to say? [referring to accepting a fight to the death with T'Greth]
- B'Elanna Torres: How about NO?
- Tom Paris: They were all watching--there would have been a riot if I refused.
- B'Elanna Torress: So you're going to get yourself killed?!
- Tom Paris: ... what makes you so sure I'd lose?
- T'Greth: The child... cured me?
- The Doctor: Well I was the one who devised the treatment.
- Kathryn Janeway: Doctor...
- The Doctor: Yes, of course--the child cured you.
- T'Greth: Please, grant me a Warriors death, I beg of you.
- Kathryn Janeway: Sorry, there'll be no mercy killings on my Bridge.
- Tom Paris: Maybe we should name her Kuvah'magh. [referring to his and B'Elanna's child]
- B'Elanna Torres: Add it to the list.
Workforce, Part I [7.16]
- Kathryn Janeway: [to a buzzing console] Come on, shut off that damn alarm and I promise I'll never violate you again.
Workforce, Part II [7.17]
Human Error [7.18]
- Seven of Nine: To the newest member of our crew. May all her desires be fulfilled. Except for one - so she'll always have something to strive for... (seeing Tom struggle with Tuvok's gift of a Vulcan puzzle) And may she inherit a sense of logic from her mother.
- Neelix: He (talking about Q's son) may be omnipotent but he's still a young man in need of guidance
- Janeway: (to Replicator) Coffee, black
- Replicator: Make it yourself!
(After making 7 of 9's clothes disapear) Q's son: Talk about perfection!
- Q's Son: (after Q stopped some Borg which his son created assimilating Janeway) We were just getting to the good part!
- Q:If the Continnum's told you once, they've told you a thousand times. DON'T PROVOKE THE BORG!!
- Kathryn Janeway:You can't just dump your kid on someone and expect him to learn something!
- Q:(incredulous face)I can't?
- Janeway: He needs to be parented.
- Q: And how exactly am I supposed to do that? Q was the first child in the continuum, which makes me the first parent. I don't even know where to begin.
- Janeway: You could start by spending time with him
- Q: Yugh!
(After Q's son stole a shuttle):Q's son: Aunt Kathy....
- Janeway: Don't you Aunt Kathy me!
Author, Author [7.20]
(Tom Paris runs The Doctor's program "Photons Be Free" and skips to the first chapter, the chapter opens in into sickbay where it has taken heavy damage)
- Ensign: Are you the EMH?
- Tom Paris: [playing as an EMH] Please state the nature of the medical emergency.
- Ensign: Our doctor's dead--we got wounded! [Walks him over to two patients lying on the biobeds] They're both badly hurt. Who should we treat first?
- Tom Paris: Uhh... [begins scanning a patient with a tricorder] second-degree plasma burns. [walks over to another patient and begins scanning] He's got an aortic rupture. Get him to the surgical bay now! [the Ensign picks up the patient and walks him over to the surgical bay, a character who looks like Chakotay walks in carrying a wounded officer]
- Chakotay: [To Tom Paris] You! Over here! [Tom Paris walks over to the injured character and gazes at him because the officer is based off of his own physical parameters]
- Tom Paris: Nice mustache.
- Officer: What?
- Tom Paris: Umm... nothing. [Begins scanning the officer] He's got a mild concussion. I'm going to have to treat the others first.
- Chakotay: I need Lieutenant Marseille on the bridge. You'll treat him now.
- Tom Paris: As I understand it, my job is to treat the critical patients first. So if you'll excuse me... [Tom Paris walks over to the critically injured patient, but Chakotay raises a force field]
- Chakotay: I don't know who you think you are, hologram, but to me you're just another piece of technology.
- Tom Paris: But apparently, I'm a piece of technology that's in demand, so why don't you go back to the bridge and let me do my job?! [Captain Janeway walks into sickbay]
- Janeway: What's going on here?
- Chakotay: Our medical hologram is refusing to treat Mr. Marseille. [Janeway walks over to Tom Paris]
- Janeway: Are you malfunctioning?
- Tom Paris: I don't think so.
- Janeway: I need my helmsman back to his station.
- Tom Paris: Lieutenant Marseille is not seriously hurt. This man will be dead in five minutes if I don't operate. [Janeway looks over to Chakotay]
- Janeway: Drop the force field. [Chakotay complies. Janeway walks over to the critically injured patient, pulls out a phaser, and kills him] That patient is dead. Now you're free to treat Lieutenant Marseille. [Tom Paris is shocked]
- Harry Kim: Captain Janeway murders a crewman? [referring to The Doctor's story]
- Tom Paris: No. Captain Jenkins. Everybody has a different name: you're Kimble, [To B'Elanna Torres] you're Torry, and I am Lieutenant Marseille.
- B'Elanna Torres: Oh, now that's creative!
(B'Elanna Torres is trying The Doctor's program)
- Narrator: 'Chapter 5: Out of the Frying Pan', in which our protagonist must confront abusive colleagues. [A female crewman walks into sickbay]
- Female Crewman: I'm here for my physical?
- B'Elanna Torres: Why don't you have a seat? Over here. [Lieutenant Marseille comes in]
- Marseille: Doctor! You'd better get down to engineering! [B'Elanna Torres smiles at his mustache, but straightens her face]
- B'Elanna Torres: What's wrong?
- Marseille: A plasma conduit just exploded. At least 10 people are hurt. [B'Elanna Torres tried to leave sickbay, but she cannot leave because she is a hologram] Hey, genius! Forgetting something? [B'Elanna looks dumbfounded] Your mobile emitter?!
- B'Elanna Torres: Oh, right! [Looks around sickbay] I don't see it. [Marseille points to a giant backpack behind her] THAT'S my mobile emitter? [Marseille picks up the extremely heavy backpack and puts it on her] Ugh, this thing must weigh 50 kilos!
- Marseille: You should be glad we let you out of your cage at all--now get going! [Scene changes to B'Elanna entering engineering, a character that looks like B'Elanna--named Torry--is observing the work of a crewman]
- Torry: [to the working crewman] I'm impressed.
- Crewman: Really?
- Torry: Absolutely! I haven't seen a dilithium matrix this far out of alignment since I served aboard a Ferengi garbage scowl. [Pushes crewman out of the way] I'll fix it, myself.
- B'Elanna Torres: [To Torry] Hey, excuse me!
- Torry: How many times have I told you?! Engineering is off-limits to holograms!
- B'Elanna Torres: Maybe you should waive that restriction during emergencies. [Torry looks confused] A plasma conduit exploded?
- Torry: Does it look like anyone here is covered with plasma burns?
- B'Elanna Torres: Lieutenant Paris--uhh--Marseille told me there was an accident.
- Torry: Cognitive subroutines are malfunctioning again. I'm surprised a matrix as primitive as yours can function at all.
- B'Elanna Torres: Maybe you should be nicer to your shipmates, you never know when you might need their help.
- Torry: [Pushes B'Elanna] Get one thing straight: you're not my shipmate. You're a tool--like this hyperspanner! And tools can be replaced! [Continues pushing B'Elanna ] So why don't you go back to sickbay before I start doing a little reprogramming?! [B'Elanna re-enters sickbay to find that the lights are off]
- B'Elanna Torres: Computer, lights. [Discovers Marseille making out with the female crewman from the beginning on the surgical bed. The two get up and looked surprised at an unamused B'Elanna]
- Marseille: Didn't I tell you to go to engineering?
- B'Elanna Torres: Oh, I get it. Interesting plot twist. You get me out of sickbay so you're free to give my patient a tonsillectomy.
- Marseille: [Walking towards B'Elanna] If you even think about mentioning this to my wife, I will purge your memory buffer. We understand each other? [Another female crewman walks into sickbay]
- Female Crewman #2: I'm here for my physical? [B'Elanna looks at a smiling Marseille]
- The Doctor: Computer, run EMH program "Photons Be Free."
- [Computer runs program.]
- Tom Paris Hologram: Welcome. You've made an excellent choice. You're obviously a person with impeccable taste.
- 'The Doctor: Computer, freeze program!
- Computer: Unable to comply.
- Tom Paris Hologram: You are about to embark... on a remarkable journey. You will take on the role of a medical assistant aboard the Starship: Voyeur.
- The Doctor: Voyeur?!
- Tom Paris Hologram: Your job will be to assist the chief medical officer and learn to tolerate his overbearing behaivor and obnoxious bedside manner. Remember! Patience is a virtue!
- [Hologram disappears and the Sick Bay setting appears]
- Tom Paris Hologram: Chapter 1: It's the Doctor's World, You're Just Living In It.
- Doctor in Story: When I tell you your shift begins at 0800, that doesn't mean you can stroll in here at 0800 and 24 seconds. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME, ENSIGN?
- The Doctor: This is outrageous.
- Doctor in Story: What's outrageous, is that I'm going to miss my tee time. Now come along.
- [Both doctors head over to a character that looks like Seven of Nine.]
- Doctor in Story: Aww, what seems to be the trouble, One of Three?
- Two of Three: I'm Two of Three.
- Doctor in Story: Uh-huh, sorry. [looks over at Doctor] They're triplets, ya'know.
- Two of Three: It hurts when I do this. [moves shoulders in a circle]
- Doctor in Story: Well then don't do it. [laughs and pats Two of Three on the shoulder]
- Two of Three: Ow!
- Doctor in Story: Oh, don't be a baby. [picks up a medical tricorder and moves it up and down extremely fast]
- Doctor in Story: Ah, your bi-radial clamp is out of alignment. I got just the thing. [picks up a hypospray and looks at the Doctor] It's a Klingon aphrodisiac. My own special blend. [Injects Two of Three with it and begins massaging her]
- Doctor in Story: You'll be feeling better in no time at all. [Two of Three giggles as the Doctor watches appalled]
- The Doctor: My publisher assures me that he won't distribute the program until he receives the revised version.
- B'Elanna Torres: That must be the one where we assimilate the Borg and take over the quadrant.
Friendship One [7.21]
- Chakotay: The urge to explore is pretty powerful.
- Kathryn Janeway: But it can't justify the loss of lives, whether it's millions or just one.
- (The Doctor rescues the away team from a radioactive planet)
- The Doctor: Sometimes being a hologram has its advantages.
Natural Law [7.22]
- Chakotay: [Walks towards Seven of Nine while limping on a stick] Is everything alright?
- Seven of Nine: I need your tricorder.
- Chakotay: [Hands her his tricorder] It's nice to see you, too.
- Seven of Nine: I lost mine.
Renaissance Man [7.24]
- The Doctor's new wife, Lana: Joe has quite a flair for romantic gestures.
- Tom Paris: "Joe"?
- The Doctor: I... decided I couldn't get married without a name.
- Tom Paris: It took you thirty-three years to come up with "Joe"?
- The Doctor: It was Lana's grandfather's name...
- Harry Kim: Captain Proton would never walk away from a mission like this.
- Tom Paris: Captain Proton doesn't have a wife, and a baby on the way.
- Miral: Welcome to the house of Korath, Admiral
- Janeway: (sarcastically) I love what he's done with the place.
- Guard: (shouts angrily in Klingon)
- Miral: (shouts angrily back in Klingon)
- Janeway: What was that about?
- Miral: He said your demeanour was disrespectful.
- Janeway: Oh dear. I hope you told him I didn't mean to be rude.
- Miral: Actually, I told him that if he didn't show you more respect, I would break his arm.
- Janeway: Oh, you are your mother's daughter.
- Kathryn Janeway: [To an extremely hostile Klingon Vessel] I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm on a tight schedule.
- Admiral Kathryn Janeway:I know exactly what you're thinking
- Captain Kathryn Janeway:You've also become a telepath?
- Admiral Janeway:I used to be you. Remember?
- Captain Janeway:I want to know why you didn't tell me about this.
- Admiral Janeway:Because I remember how stubborn and self-righteous I used to be. I figured you might try to do something stupid.
- Lt. Torres: [in labor] If you tell me to relax one more time, I'm gonna rip your holographic HEAD off!
- The Doctor: I hope you don't intend to kiss your baby with that mouth.
- Lt. Paris: Tell me this isn't another false alarm.
- The Doctor: This isn't another false alarm.
- Paris: I can't believe it.
- Torres: [strained] Oh, believe it.
- Paris: I might actually win.
- Torres: What?
- Paris: The baby pool. I picked today, 1500 hours.
- Torres: I'm so glad I could accommodate you.
- The Doctor: Don't celebrate yet. Klingon labor can sometimes last several days. [B'Elanna Torres grabs him by the shirt and screams] Of course, I'm sure that won't be the case here.
- Borg Queen: You're asking me to believe that the incorruptable Kathryn Janeway would betray her own crew?
- Future Admiral Kathryn Janeway: Not betray them. Save them from themselves. I brought technology to help Voyager get home. But the Captain is arrogant, self righteous and her officers are so blinded by loyalty that they're prepared to sacrifice their lives just to deal a crippling blow to the Borg.
- Future Admiral Kathryn Janeway: I didn't spend the last 10 years looking for a way to get this crew home early so you could throw it all away on some intergalactic good-will mission.
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: Maybe we should go back to sickbay?
- Future Admiral Janeway: Why? So you can have me sedated?
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: So I can have the Doctor reconfirm your identity. I refuse to believe I'll ever become as cynical as you.
- Future Admiral Kathryn Janeway: Must be something you assimilated!
- Future Kathryn Janeway: Like they say in the Temporal Mechanics Department, There is no time like the present.
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: Mr. Paris, what's our position?
- Tom Paris: Right where we expected to be.
- Seven of Nine: Transwarp Network has been obliterated Captain.
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: We'll celebrate later. Mr. Tuvok?
- [Tuvok pushes a button and inside the Borg Sphere a torpedo launches. Outside, explosions occur]
- Admiral Paris: [confused, to the firing fleet] Cease fire!
- [The Borg Sphere explodes and Voyager emerges from the wreckage]
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: [upon seeing Starfleet onscreen] We did it!
- [the crew absorb the impact of what's happened and then there's a beep]
- Ensign Kim: We're being hailed.
- Captian Kathryn Janeway: On screen. [Admiral Paris appears on screen] Sorry to surprise you, next time we'll call ahead!
- Admiral Paris: Welcome back.
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: It's good to be here.
- Admiral Paris: But how did you...?
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: It'll all be in my report.
- Admiral Paris: I look forward to it. [viewscreen shuts off]
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: (to herself, sadly) Thanks for your help Admiral Janeway.
- Captain Kathryn Janeway: [to Chakotay, last lines of the series] Set a course. For home.
- [Voyager, escorted by Starfleet, flies towards Earth]
- Kathryn Janeway: Coffee, black.
- Kathryn Janeway: Do it.
- Kathryn Janeway: BATTLE STATIONS!
- Kathryn Janeway: REPORT!
- Kathryn Janeway: Red Alert!
- Kathryn Janeway: Brace for impact!
- The Doctor: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.
- The Doctor (annoyed): I'm a doctor not a ... (nightlight, battery, tricorder, dragon slayer, etc.)!
- Seven of Nine: Irrelevant.
- Seven of Nine: Comply.
- Borg Queen: Janeway.
- For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see; Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be... -Alfred Tennyson
- U.S.S. Voyager dedication plaque.
- Kate Mulgrew — Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Robert Beltran — Commander Chakotay
- Tim Russ — Tuvok
- Roxann Dawson — Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres
- Robert Duncan McNeill — Tom Paris
- Garrett Wang — Ensign Harry Kim
- Robert Picardo — The Doctor
- Ethan Phillips — Neelix
- Jeri Ryan — Seven of Nine [Seasons 4-7]
- Jennifer Lien — Kes [Seasons 1-3]
- Star Trek: Voyager quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Star Trek: Voyager at StarTrek.com
- Star Trek: Voyager at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
|Quotes for other Star Trek television series and feature films|
The Original Series · The Animated Series · The Next Generation · Deep Space Nine · Voyager · Enterprise
The Motion Picture · II: The Wrath of Khan · III: The Search for Spock · IV: The Voyage Home · V: The Final Frontier · VI: The Undiscovered Country